Can We Do Magic Now? A 2016 TR Adventure. *Complete and DL Paris TR Link Added

So Pop it was!

Making this my 4th time there. More than any other Disney property.
I just counted and I think our next trip will bring us up to 6 stays there - also our most-stayed-in resort. :thumbsup2

This also involved a five minute delay because Landon could not make up his mind what side he wanted to claim as his own. Obviously, the left or right seat was a HUGE decision for a 2 year old.
:rotfl: Sounds familiar...decisions are hard.

I wish I could blame it on my kid-just-got-sick shock, but I’m just naturally terrible with directions. I’d get lost walking along a straight line.
Me too! If we ever attempt a DIS-meet, we'll never find each other. :lmao: (we'll need some DH guidance, I guess).

The stroller JUST BARELY fit in the room. There was maybe an inch of space in the doorway when walking through, and Alex and I ended up keeping the thing folded when it was inside to save space.

Definitely a tight squeeze.
I believe it - even our single stroller was almost impossible to get through the doorway and past that first bed.

In the end, the friend found an open window (that was promptly locked afterwards) and was able to go through that way, but it took a lot of work to reach that point. They were trying to remember the garage code, they were trying the old credit card trick, they were even thinking of other folks who might have had a spare set of keys.

My mother was a little stressed out by the whole thing, my dad was frustrated at his kid for locking himself out twice in one week, and I was still on red alert with Landon. Everyone’s nerves were a little on edge, but we were hopeful that the evening would provide some distraction and shake off all the travel jitters.
:faint: What a rough start, especially trying to get someone into your parents' house. Ugh.

O no! What a stressful first couple of hours! Cant wait to hear more...I'm sure lots of good memories are in store! And I know I have said many times how absolutely precious Landon is...and now I see little Ms. Evie and she is just as precious!

Oh my - I hate real life drama when on vacation. Hope things settle down quickly and you enjoy your evening!

I know the whole key situation was stressful for my parents, but as an outside observer, it was amusing to think about the lecture my brother probably received when my parents made it back home. I guess the "oh thank goodness it's not me getting in trouble" relief stands the test of time and is still applicable even though we're adults now.
But Landon on the other hand...man he sure knew how to get the party started at Pop.:sad2:

I just counted and I think our next trip will bring us up to 6 stays there - also our most-stayed-in resort. :thumbsup2

Me too! If we ever attempt a DIS-meet, we'll never find each other. :lmao: (we'll need some DH guidance, I guess).

I believe it - even our single stroller was almost impossible to get through the doorway and past that first bed.

:faint: What a rough start, especially trying to get someone into your parents' house. Ugh.

The funniest thing about Pop is, it's not even my favorite resort! Not even my favorite VALUE resort. So why I've stayed there so many times, I don't know. I think if the All Stars switched to each resort having their own buses, I'd be willing to stay there more often.
However, my whole family knows that I am taking a long hiatus from Pop. It's Shades or deluxes for me for a few years. (Reason why will play out in the report.)

:rotfl2::rotfl: I could just picture it now. One of us standing at our designated meet up spot, the other walking right past...
Hopefully Landon and Izzy got their directional capabilities from their fathers and can help us out if/when that time arrives. (Which I really hope it will someday!)

So excited about the new report! I can't believe how big Landon is and Evie is a total cutie!!

Thanks for following me to this report! It's appreciated. Evie was so chunky on this trip. Makes me miss her being that little. Now she's walking and zooming around everywhere.

O no! What a stressful first couple of hours! Cant wait to hear more...I'm sure lots of good memories are in store! And I know I have said many times how absolutely precious Landon is...and now I see little Ms. Evie and she is just as precious!

Aw, why thank you. I love looking back on these pictures of Evie when she was so small. Now that's over a year, she's lost a lot of that baby look, so I'm really grateful to have these Disney photos to remember it by!

Reading along. I loved your last TR though I might not have commented much ( me or at all) but I'll try to do better this time around:)

Looking forward to reading about your whirlwind early 2016. That is definitely a stressful start to the trip when you have to worry about Landon possibly being sick.

Yes, my dad was wearing a neon yellow shirt.
And with your mom in a bright pink shirt, you just need someone in a bright orange shirt to stand next to them. Then they look like one of those 3 pack of highlighters!

Such a bummer to deal with one of those colds on a trip. Little Miss has developed one right now herself.

So, all we have to remember Landon’s happiness is of my mother’s back.

:rotfl2: well at least you tried! And I like the bright color of your parent's shirts. DH and I do that on purpose on our trips to help make it easier to spot one another in crowds.

In the end, the friend found an open window (that was promptly locked afterwards)
Well at least they found a way in!

My mother was a little stressed out by the whole thing, my dad was frustrated at his kid for locking himself out twice in one week, and I was still on red alert with Landon. Everyone’s nerves were a little on edge, but we were hopeful that the evening would provide some distraction and shake off all the travel jitters.
Rough start to a trip.

EEK! Quite a start to the vacation. Puke and all. :( I'd have been completely freaked out on the inside too. I'm pretty good at keeping my cool, but a million what-if's would have been swirling around in my head. :(

TOO COOL saving the Grands as a surprise. I hope that did the trick in keeping Little One from getting sick(er). Yes, POP and AoA rooms are TINY! We were pretty cramped as well in there.

Can't wait to see what traditions you continue. :)

Reading along. I loved your last TR though I might not have commented much ( me or at all) but I'll try to do better this time around:)

Thank you so much for following me over to this report! I really appreciate it! And don't worry, I'll go months where I just read people's reports and not comment. Life can be pretty busy at times, and it's hard to carve out reading and posting time. I understand!

Looking forward to reading about your whirlwind early 2016. That is definitely a stressful start to the trip when you have to worry about Landon possibly being sick.

And with your mom in a bright pink shirt, you just need someone in a bright orange shirt to stand next to them. Then they look like one of those 3 pack of highlighters!

:rotfl2::thanks: Thank you for providing me with a good belly laugh. I didn't even notice my mother's bright shirt until you said something. Oh man...I made Alex stop studying and showed him that photo and asked, "What do they look like? A pack of highlighters, right?!" And then of course he asked who said that because he knew I couldn't come up with something that funny on my own. :rolleyes1
That was gold.

Such a bummer to deal with one of those colds on a trip. Little Miss has developed one right now herself.

:rotfl2: well at least you tried! And I like the bright color of your parent's shirts. DH and I do that on purpose on our trips to help make it easier to spot one another in crowds.

Well at least they found a way in!

Rough start to a trip.

It's that time of year for the kiddos. Half my MOPs group was absent yesterday because kids were sick. Blegh.

I did not even notice my mom's shirt; she wears bright stuff like that all the time. I think I drove her a little nuts when I was a teenager because I prefer warmer colors. She'd pick out a nice yellow blouse for me...I'd come back at her with a forest green number.:rotfl2:

EEK! Quite a start to the vacation. Puke and all. :( I'd have been completely freaked out on the inside too. I'm pretty good at keeping my cool, but a million what-if's would have been swirling around in my head. :(

TOO COOL saving the Grands as a surprise. I hope that did the trick in keeping Little One from getting sick(er). Yes, POP and AoA rooms are TINY! We were pretty cramped as well in there.

Can't wait to see what traditions you continue. :)

Landon has both sets of grandparents wrapped around his little finger. By that point, he was spending once a month overnight at my parent's house, so having them at Disney was the epitome of a perfect vacation.
Honestly, they could have taken him to Disney without us and he would have been just as happy. :rolleyes:

Confession time. Before I begin this next update, I have to give a quick P.S.A. My husband has scolded me for not including this in the introduction and demanded I forewarn you all. So, here goes. This February trip was not good. Don’t get me wrong, it had its moments, and it’s because of those that I’m prefacing our April vacation with our Feb. experience. However, to put it bluntly, it was the worst Disney trip we have ever had, and I can’t even pretend to say I’m glad we did it. It was the stuff of nightmares. This next post is one of the only two really fun recaps.

But, please, I beg you to stick it out. It’s going to be rough.::yes:: I won’t lie about that. But I promise there will be nice times, and if you hang in there, April was a blast. I am so, SO anxious to get to my Universal time.

And as I said earlier, there were a lot of firsts that I am grateful to have gotten to do…

So, now that I’ve thoroughly scared you all away, let’s get to it!

February 28th, Part 2:

Around the time my parents were dealing with their house situation, Alex’s older brother and sister were texting us trying to figure out a way to spend the evening together. After what happened with Landon, I wasn’t sure if he was up to leaving the room, so we told the siblings to meet us at Pop. Worst case, they could just hang out around the resort with us.

Close to 5 hours had passed, though, and Landon was acting fine, so we knew we’d be safe venturing out for some grub. When Alex and I went to Disney for the first time together, we began at Downtown Disney, so Alex tries to keep with the tradition and visit there on arrival night every trip.

Eddie and Leslie (the in-laws) met us in the Pop lobby and met Evie for the very first time.

DSC08489.JPG

I have to say, if you’re going to meet a family member for the first time, Disney is the place to do it!

Shortly after the greetings, Landon realized we were about to get on a bus and practically dragged his aunt to the Disney Springs stop.

DSC08491.JPG

It took close to half an hour for the bus we needed to pull up and to make the drive to our journey's end. Fortunately, the kids stayed pretty occupied gushing over the fact that they were on a moving vehicle without a 5 point harness system. Those rebels…

Evie seemed pretty nonplussed to be at her first Disney destination:

DSC08495.JPG

Not much ruffled her 4 month old feathers.

My group walked around for a few minutes, and my dad discovered the Characters in Flight balloon off in the distance.

DSC08498.JPG

He was interested in it and enjoyed watching its descent back to the ground. I mentioned that guests were allowed to go up, and he seemed pretty interested. I think had we been at Disney Springs with no plans and less people, I could have convinced him to take a ride in it.

As it was, though, everyone wanted dinner.

While walking to our restaurant of choice, I managed to grab a quick snapshot of my parents holding hands.

DSC08500.JPG

Awww.

My parents aren’t big on PDA, so it was sweet seeing them hold hands at Disney. They’ve been married 33 years.

As someone who (at the time of this trip) had only married for 4, it was inspiring. I can only dream that one day Alex and I will reach that point in our lives. Strolling around Disney with a grown up Landon or a grown up Evie, maybe a grandkid or two tagging along.

Disney life goals, man!

Dinner that evening was at Earl of Sandwich.

Because if Alex has a say, then Earl always wins. The slew of new restaurants that are now open were still being built at the time, so we pretty much had the old options of Earl or Wolfgang Puck Express. I, personally, would have chosen the latter, but I knew my dad wouldn’t care for the food that much. And since I was trying to impress him with Disney’s amazingness, I tailored every dining location and attraction to his tastes.

This daughter ain’t no dummy.

Everyone went inside to order while Eddie and I stayed back with the kids to guard a couple tables we had found. You don’t come by those easily at that restaurant! Especially when you need enough space for 6 adults and 2 children.

Landon saw my camera sitting on the table and decided he needed to practice his selfie skills:

DSC08515.JPG

That’s my kid for ya, he’ll be here the whole trip, folks.:rolleyes:

And once Landon got bored of photography (or I should say once Mom got sick of him wasting the battery and filling up the memory card) he spotted this guy off in the distance:

DSC08520.JPG

And proceeded to bug me and his uncle silly trying to convince us to take him on the carousel. The poor guy was not comprehending that no one was about to pay to ride one when we would be going into a theme park that had one of its own we could use.

Fortunately, the arrival of food not too long later distracted him, and he dived into his grilled cheese sandwich.

Most people at the table ordered the original club sandwich, while I got the buffalo chicken wrap. Normally, a big buffalo fan, the one tonight was just too much. I didn’t care for it and only ate half. What made up for it, though, was the good company:

DSC08518.JPG

DSC08519.JPG

I had my hubby, my two precious babies, a handful of my in-laws whom I hadn’t seen since our last Disney trip, and my mom and dad next to me. Life was good. How many chances as an adult do you get the ability to sit by so many loved ones? Now that I’m in Germany and far away from extended family, this memory means a lot more to me. What I wouldn’t give to orchestrate another big family dinner, especially with Thanksgiving next week.

It was a relaxed, mellow meal, and gave everyone hope that the bumps we’d encountered at check in were behind us. Once dinner was finished, my parents wanted to go back to the resort. They ended up taking a walk around the lake and my mom showed him around Art of Animation.

A short little date on my parent’s part….so sweet. How could I have not gotten my dad there before this?!

Meanwhile, the younger generations opted to stay behind for a bit and explore some stores. We spent a lot of time in Once Upon a Toy, because originally Alex and I were tossing around the idea of buying Landon a Mr. Potato Head. But he was not showing any interest in the one he had at home, and we just weren’t feeling it, so we decided not to.

(We actually bought him one at Disneyland Paris this past fall, and we’re going to give it to him for Christmas. I’m pretty glad we decided to wait, because now he’s going to enjoy it more.)

After checking out all the latest toys, we all headed over to the design a tee store. Is that what’s called? I don’t remember! Oh gosh, my memory is failing me in this Disney absence! It’s the place attached to the art store, if that frame of reference helps anyone whatsoever. Directly across from the Christmas shop.

Anyways, we went because Alex and I needed to purchase Evie a VERY important souvenir.

Her first pair of ears!!!

First stay at Pop, first souvenir, first ears…look at her racking up the memorable moments.

There was some live music happening not too far away, so we took Landon over to watch.

For everyone who didn’t read my last report, let’s just say my kid is quite the fan of the live entertainment at Disney World. The little man gets his jam on. Hard. And only stops because his mean old parents force him to.

So unreasonable…

There really wasn’t much else anybody wanted to do that evening, so the group of us took a bus back to the resort and made our way to Leslie’s car. She had some belated Christmas gifts to give the kids. Landon scored a Golden Book collection of all 6 Star Wars films, and Alex got a Star Wars scarf (which is much appreciated now that the temps are in the 20s), and there were some other goodies handed to us.

We made a big circle around the resort, taking our sweet time. Alex was using this trip as a reconnaissance mission to find the exact double stroller we needed to invest in. We love our City Mini, but we really wanted a jogging stroller this time around. So Alex was scoping out every promising looking one that passed us by. And one did just that from a family on their way to the lobby for a late night snack.

The next thing I knew, Alex was chatting with them about said stroller and waving me over to where he was, insisting I check out the wheels on their duds.

Before kids, Alex used to ooh and ahh over motorcycles.

Now he has resorted to strollers.

The exciting life of a dad…

But. I suppose it was for the best as a few months later Alex and I chose that stroller for ourselves. (It’s the jogging line from City Mini. It’ll pop up in my April pictures.)

By the time Alex had finished his chatting and caught up with the rest of us, Evie had fallen asleep and I was feeling pretty tired, so we said goodbye to the siblings and went to bed. We had Epcot to hit up the following morning, and I wanted a good night’s rest for that experience.

Up Next…The Bumps that Turned into Potholes.

Attachments

• DSC08503.JPG
    DSC08503.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's that time of year for the kiddos. Half my MOPs group was absent yesterday because kids were sick. Blegh.
Sigh... Indeed!

However, to put it bluntly, it was the worst Disney trip we have ever had, and I can’t even pretend to say I’m glad we did it. It was the stuff of nightmares.
:sad1::hug: What a disappointment after looking forward to it so much!

Eddie and Leslie (the in-laws) met us in the Pop lobby and met Evie for the very first time.

:lovestruc aww

DSC08500_zpsn0mgwbjm.jpg
:lovestruc

Landon saw my camera sitting on the table and decided he needed to practice his selfie skills:

:rotfl2:

(We actually bought him one at Disneyland Paris this past fall, and we’re going to give it to him for Christmas. I’m pretty glad we decided to wait, because now he’s going to enjoy it more.)
:thumbsup2

Before kids, Alex used to ooh and ahh over motorcycles.

Now he has resorted to strollers.

The exciting life of a dad…
:rotfl: DH has been known to do that a little. Especially on our last trip when we were still hopeful for a #2. But hey, what better place to test out the rigors of a stroller than at Disney?

I am following along on your TR! I am loving it so far, though sorry to hear there were so many issues :( I hope it wasn't sickness related, though glad to hear that April was much better!!

I really liked the buffalo chicken wrap when I had at it EOS in Disneyland. Sorry yours was a disappointment.

I hate, hate, hate that carousel in Disney Springs with a passion. You're absolutely right, no way I'm willing to pay to ride a carousel there when we'd be doing it for "free" in the parks anyway. Yet they put it there and kids want to do it...

Totally understand about the stroller thing. That's actually how we ended up buying a City Mini double stroller. On our trip to Disney World when DW was pregnant with DD we kind of scoped strollers and decided to go with that as our choice for a double.

Sigh... Indeed!

:sad1::hug: What a disappointment after looking forward to it so much!

:rotfl: DH has been known to do that a little. Especially on our last trip when we were still hopeful for a #2. But hey, what better place to test out the rigors of a stroller than at Disney?

That is true. I guess if a stroller can handle a trip to Disney, it can put up with just about anything!

I am following along on your TR! I am loving it so far, though sorry to hear there were so many issues :( I hope it wasn't sickness related, though glad to hear that April was much better!!

Thanks for joining! April was a blast, and I'm trying to rush through this messy February trip because I'm impatient to write about the fun we had in late spring.

I really liked the buffalo chicken wrap when I had at it EOS in Disneyland. Sorry yours was a disappointment.

I hate, hate, hate that carousel in Disney Springs with a passion. You're absolutely right, no way I'm willing to pay to ride a carousel there when we'd be doing it for "free" in the parks anyway. Yet they put it there and kids want to do it...

Totally understand about the stroller thing. That's actually how we ended up buying a City Mini double stroller. On our trip to Disney World when DW was pregnant with DD we kind of scoped strollers and decided to go with that as our choice for a double.

I think the restaurant just put too much sauce on my sandwich that night. Like, I couldn't even taste the chicken or the tortilla because there was so much sauce.

That carousel is evil...

I really wanted the City Mini double, but since we didn't have an actual jogging stroller Alex and I knew that would be the better investment. And, spoiler alert, now when we need a stroller I just use the single City Mini we have. Smaller and easier to deal with. And that's when we need it. I quickly discovered here in Germany, pretty much every place is non-stroller friendly. The streets are narrow and cobblestoned, the castles are hilly, and the locals hate the big stroller bumping in their booths and/or hitting their side. So, end of story, Alex and I are relieved that our stroller can probably be resold at a later date for a good price.

I'm glad that now you can look back on your trips and say "February was bad, but April was better" Before taking that "next trip" it's so disappointing when a Disney trip is just not that great. Sorry to hear that!

Landon sure knows how to start a trip off with a bang! Geez, what a great way to spend the first hour of your trip...

At least the night seemed like it turned around well. We haven't had Earl in awhile because we are hardly ever at Disney Springs anymore. Hoping to change that when we hit DL next year!

I'm glad that now you can look back on your trips and say "February was bad, but April was better" Before taking that "next trip" it's so disappointing when a Disney trip is just not that great. Sorry to hear that!

Landon sure knows how to start a trip off with a bang! Geez, what a great way to spend the first hour of your trip...

At least the night seemed like it turned around well. We haven't had Earl in awhile because we are hardly ever at Disney Springs anymore. Hoping to change that when we hit DL next year!

We didn't figure out that we were going to take a day trip in April until right beforehand. We were visiting with Alex's family and did not want to take a day away from them right before our move. Fortunately, they knew all about our Feb. drama and offered to let us have another shot at Disney. Which, I am SO grateful for. It would have been terrible to have that be our last vacation for awhile. It's looking like we won't get back to the parks for 2.5 years, so I really appreciate April.

Disneyland? I didn't know about that! How exciting. Is everyone going? Oh, if so that would mean it'd be Delilah's first DL visit (at least not in utero) right?!

Disneyland? I didn't know about that! How exciting. Is everyone going? Oh, if so that would mean it'd be Delilah's first DL visit (at least not in utero) right?!

Yes all 4 of us and her first trip out of the womb!! Lol Dustin'a grandmother is celebrating her 85th (I think??) birthday and we wanted to visit for that. Since they live in Seattle we figured since we will already be on west coast time, it only makes sense to add DL, right?!

Oh Earl, how I miss you!!! I would probably eat at Earl of Sandwich every day I was there if DH wasn't with me. He likes it too, just not as much as I do. :) The Tuna Melt has become my favorite!

I love hearing your stories about your parents. We took my parents to WDW for the first time about 2 years ago. We wore them out on the first day and now my Dad won't go back unless we promise there will be fishing and golfing!!

Can't wait to read more!

Yes all 4 of us and her first trip out of the womb!! Lol Dustin'a grandmother is celebrating her 85th (I think??) birthday and we wanted to visit for that. Since they live in Seattle we figured since we will already be on west coast time, it only makes sense to add DL, right?!

That's awesome! And a trip to Seattle sounds fun. You guys are so well traveled, I'm jealous! (I've been working on Alex to go to Italy next spring, because I'm still so jealous of your amazing ABD trip!)

Oh Earl, how I miss you!!! I would probably eat at Earl of Sandwich every day I was there if DH wasn't with me. He likes it too, just not as much as I do. :) The Tuna Melt has become my favorite!

I love hearing your stories about your parents. We took my parents to WDW for the first time about 2 years ago. We wore them out on the first day and now my Dad won't go back unless we promise there will be fishing and golfing!!

Can't wait to read more!

I eat a lot of sandwiches when I'm at home. It's my go-to lunch of choice with the kids, so I think that's why Earl isn't my favorite restaurant. I like to have new stuff on vacation. However, I've never tried their Tuna Melt before, and I LOVE tuna melts, so I might keep that in mind for next time.

Haha, I wore my mother out the first time I took her to Disney, and that's when she decided she needed to plan some days for herself. Apparently, I am incapable of "resting" at Disney. And my dad was eyeballing the Shades golf course our entire trip! I think, like you, if I ever get him back I'll have to book him some time at the course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!