Can this be done with the Deluxe plan???

edk35

DIS Veteran
I am sure it can't but I thought I would ask anyway. Okay we are staying at Poly for 2 nights in July. My daughter who is 18 and our son 15 and 10 will be in one room. My hubby and I are in the other room. We requested connecting and we have two separate ressie numbers. OKAY....if hubby and me were to get the Deluxe plan for those two nights giving us 6 TS meals and 4 snacks for the each of us for a total of 12 TS credits right?? COULD we...... go to a TS place each of those nights ALL 5 of us. and use 5 of those TS meals that hubby and I have but the kids would be using them really?? This doesn't even sound like it can be done??

No - it can't be done. 1) it is in violation of the dining plan rules to do this. The dining plans all say "You may not use your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who are not included in your reservation and have not purchased this plan." 2) You can't redeem meals for more than the number of people on your reservation all at once -- i.e. if there are two people on your reservation with the DxDP they won't allow you to redeem meals for five people at one time, only two.

Also, since what you are suggesting is in direct violation of Disney policy chances are that this thread will be closed by a moderator or at least the last couple of post like this were anyways. :)

No - it can't be done. 1) it is in violation of the dining plan rules to do this. The dining plans all say "You may not use your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who are not included in your reservation and have not purchased this plan." 2) You can't redeem meals for more than the number of people on your reservation all at once -- i.e. if there are two people on your reservation with the DxDP they won't allow you to redeem meals for five people at one time, only two.

Also, since what you are suggesting is in direct violation of Disney policy chances are that this thread will be closed by a moderator or at least the last couple of post like this were anyways. :)

That is fine if it is closed. I was JUST ASKING a question. I have never done the dining plan and was curious. I had NO INTENTION of violating a Disney rule THAT IS WHY I ASKED. I know that people share credits for CS meals all the time instead of using two credits. I don't know all the ins and outs when it comes to the dining plans.

Also since the dining credits are all pooled together in a lump pile how does Disney know who has used what credits. I mean.....if you go to a restauant and say everyone is on the Dining Plan but you ate at different restaurants. Maybe mom and dad had a TS meal and used two credits when the kids ate at a CS place. So right there more TS credits have been used. Maybe three in your party used all their TS credits in one day eating TS meals for all three meals and then two people in the party got sick and couldn't eat one day so when they all go out again....there are extra credits left over for the other people to use if they used their's up... so they all eat together and and use the credits that are left.

However if you mean that Disney knows that only two people are on the dining plan and 3 aren't......then at that meal are you saying that Disney will only let you use two credits?????

Yes I agree that bucking the system is not right...and apparently this is. I was just asking a simple question.

However if you mean that Disney knows that only two people are on the dining plan and 3 aren't......then at that meal are you saying that Disney will only let you use two credits?????

Yes, this is what I meant. You can't redeem more credits for more people than are on the dining plan at one specific meal.

With the DxDP you don't have TS credits and/or CS credits per say. Everything is just meal credits and you can use them either for TS or CS. The regular DP does separate them however.

For the record, I wasn't accusing you of anything. :)

Yes, this is what I meant. You can't redeem more credits for more people than are on the dining plan at one specific meal.

With the DxDP you don't have TS credits and/or CS credits per say. Everything is just meal credits and you can use them either for TS or CS. The regular DP does separate them however.

For the record, I was accusing you of anything. :)

So if we book one room with the Quick service plan and our room with the Deluxe..and we go to say Cosmic Rays to eat.....do I need to use the kids room key to pay for their CS meals? Then order our CS meals separate and use our CS credits? Or could we just use their CS credits til they are used up and then use what is left on ours? I am just trying to keep this straight.

you are typically restricted to the number of meals or fewer designated on the front of the card at each ordering session... so, if the card says 3A, then you can order 3 Adult meals at one ordering session...

but at a TS it is far stickier and the server is going to know that you are all together most likely... if you had 3 in each room, you could give the server your card for three of you and your spouse's card for the other three, all coming off of the same room, but the server likely would not know that, just go by the number of people on the card face...

If you are on the deluxe plan and the three kids are on the regular plan, you may use enough meal credits at a time for two people by presenting a key card from your room, and they may use enough regular credits at a time for three people by presenting a key card from their room (your kids are all adults on the plan so there isn't any of the child/adult meal thing going on here). You will not be able to use the deluxe credits on your room key to buy everyone a meal.

If you have two separate room reservations, one on deluxe and one on regular, the deluxe credits will be accessible only on keys from your reservation, and the regular credits only on keys from the kids' reservation, so if the entire family is dining together you will need to present one card from each room for payment.

If you are on the deluxe plan and the three kids are on the regular plan, you may use enough meal credits at a time for two people by presenting a key card from your room, and they may use enough regular credits at a time for three people by presenting a key card from their room (your kids are all adults on the plan so there isn't any of the child/adult meal thing going on here). You will not be able to use the deluxe credits on your room key to buy everyone a meal.

If you have two separate room reservations, one on deluxe and one on regular, the deluxe credits will be accessible only on keys from your reservation, and the regular credits only on keys from the kids' reservation, so if the entire family is dining together you will need to present one card from each room for payment.

:thumbsup2 Thanks. Same for counter service..do I need to present two cards each time we use the counter credits? Or do separate transactions?

:thumbsup2 Thanks. Same for counter service..do I need to present two cards each time we use the counter credits? Or do separate transactions?

Because you have separate rooms and separate dining plans, all your CS will be separate transactions. You need to present a card from your room to pay for your meals, and a card from your kids' room to pay for your kids' meals.

Because you have separate rooms and separate dining plans, all your CS will be separate transactions. You need to present a card from your room to pay for your meals, and a card from your kids' room to pay for your kids' meals.

Hey another question for you. So if we eat at a TS places that is not a set buffet price......how do they determine which meals to put as the credits and what is OOP. I would certainly want the most expensive entrees to come out of the credits and not something one of the kids got for much cheaper like a burger or something. How would that work for us?

You would have to make sure you tell the server before you order which person's meals will be paid for with dining credits and which meals will not. The server needs to know how to ring them up. Let the server know you want to pay cash for the least expensive meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter