Can teens go eat at topsiders for dinner- alone?

BibbidyBobbidyBoo

<font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I searched and can't find this answered already- if so please direct me there.
I'm just curious if we have other plans for dinner (Palo or in the suite) for dinner and have let our waitstaff know we won't be there that evening in the MDR- can our teens go eat at Topsiders without adults with them? I'm assuming this wouldn't be a problem, since they could go to the MDR alone without us- but that's with the same waitstaff we've had all week... so I'm not sure if this is different? :confused3

(ps. the reason they wouldn't go to the MDR without us is so they wouldn't have to get all dressed up for dinner and also so they wouldn't have to be there by a certain time and if late -hold up others potentially at our table if we do have a table with others)

I searched and can't find this answered already- if so please direct me there.
I'm just curious if we have other plans for dinner (Palo or in the suite) for dinner and have let our waitstaff know we won't be there that evening in the MDR- can our teens go eat at Topsiders without adults with them? I'm assuming this wouldn't be a problem, since they could go to the MDR alone without us- but that's with the same waitstaff we've had all week... so I'm not sure if this is different? :confused3

(ps. the reason they wouldn't go to the MDR without us is so they wouldn't have to get all dressed up for dinner and also so they wouldn't have to be there by a certain time and if late -hold up others potentially at our table if we do have a table with others)

Yes they can eat by them selves.

Yes they can. On our last cruise my DS and a couple of friends he met onboard went the evening I had dinner at Palo.

According to DCL's website, the dress code is the same for Topsiders as it is for the MDR's each evening.

Um what? people talk all the time about going to Topsiders in shorts or not as dressed up as dinner- in fact many of them say that's the reason they eat at Topsiders... the dress code in the MDR isn't their thing.
Hmmm

Um what? people talk all the time about going to Topsiders in shorts or not as dressed up as dinner- in fact many of them say that's the reason they eat at Topsiders... the dress code in the MDR isn't their thing.
Hmmm

1. Disney doesn't enforce the MDR Dress Code
2. The "topsiders" statement is a CYA in case you show up with no clothing etc.. LOL!

Hmmm

I'm only relaying what is posted in DCL's website:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/topsider-buffet/

Dinner
Dinner is served from approximately 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. except on the first and last days of the cruise. Check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for specific dates and times of activities while onboard.

If you're looking to dine under the stars and enjoy the warm night breezes during dinner, or perhaps you just prefer a more casual setting, you're invited to dine at Topsider Buffet in place of a Main Dining restaurant any night of your cruise. Bedecked in linen tablecloths and napkins, the Topsider Buffet is a more elegant affair at dinner than its breakfast and lunch counterparts.

As you make your way into the restaurant, select from a series of appetizers from the buffet table. Then, sit back as your server brings your mouthwatering main course to the table.

Boasting a selection of tantalizing American fare during a delightful 4-course meal, Topsider Buffet offers a selection of fine food for everyone in your family. Although subject to change, dinnertime menu items include signature dishes from the Main Dining restaurants and casual dining specials.

Vegetarian offerings include salads, fruit, baked goods, vegetarian wraps and Panini.

Beverages
The following beverages are available for dinner at an additional charge plus gratuity:

Bar drinks
Wine
Bottled Water
The following beverages are complimentary during dinner and require no additional charge:

Coffee
Soda
Fruit Juice
Milk
Tea (Iced/Hot)
In addition to a full wine list, Topsider Buffet offers such after-dinner liqueurs as Bailey's Irish Cream, Tia Maria and Amaretto di Saronno for an additional cost. Specialty coffees including espresso, cappuccino and dessert wines such as Apple Icewine are also available.

Dress Code
The dress code for dinner is cruise casual. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner.

I'm only relaying what is posted in DCL's website:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/topsider-buffet/

Dinner
Dinner is served from approximately 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. except on the first and last days of the cruise. Check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for specific dates and times of activities while onboard.

If you're looking to dine under the stars and enjoy the warm night breezes during dinner, or perhaps you just prefer a more casual setting, you're invited to dine at Topsider Buffet in place of a Main Dining restaurant any night of your cruise. Bedecked in linen tablecloths and napkins, the Topsider Buffet is a more elegant affair at dinner than its breakfast and lunch counterparts.

As you make your way into the restaurant, select from a series of appetizers from the buffet table. Then, sit back as your server brings your mouthwatering main course to the table.

Boasting a selection of tantalizing American fare during a delightful 4-course meal, Topsider Buffet offers a selection of fine food for everyone in your family. Although subject to change, dinnertime menu items include signature dishes from the Main Dining restaurants and casual dining specials.

Vegetarian offerings include salads, fruit, baked goods, vegetarian wraps and Panini.

Beverages
The following beverages are available for dinner at an additional charge plus gratuity:

Bar drinks
Wine
Bottled Water
The following beverages are complimentary during dinner and require no additional charge:

Coffee
Soda
Fruit Juice
Milk
Tea (Iced/Hot)
In addition to a full wine list, Topsider Buffet offers such after-dinner liqueurs as Bailey's Irish Cream, Tia Maria and Amaretto di Saronno for an additional cost. Specialty coffees including espresso, cappuccino and dessert wines such as Apple Icewine are also available.

Dress Code
The dress code for dinner is cruise casual. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner.

This is not the same dress code as the MDR. For example it does not have a formal or semi formal night at topsiders. And the 'you are requested to wear" means "try not to look like a bum but a "request" is not a "requirement" :rotfl2:

This is not the same dress code as the MDR. For example it does not have a formal or semi formal night at topsiders. And the 'you are requested to wear" means "try not to look like a bum but a "request" is not a "requirement" :rotfl2:

It's exactly the same ... This is direct from DCL regarding Lumiere's for instance:
Dress Code
The dress code for dinner changes nightly. Check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for more information while onboard. However, in keeping with the elegant theme, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts whilst dining in Lumiere's for dinner.

There is no requirement or request for formal night, it's the same, but they say if you want to dress up, you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!