can someone tell me about Hoop De Do and/or Backyard BBQ

Dizzy over Disney

Mouseketeer
We will be taking our fourth trip November and are looking for something new to try. We love our favorites.. but want to try new :goodvibes ... Can you tell me about the Hoop De Do... is it worth it? Is it two dining credits? .. What about the Backyard BB?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup2

I have never been to the BBQ so I cannot comment on that but I have been to the HDD and we LOVE IT! IMO so worth the two credits. I have been there our last two trips and we are going again this year. It is a little corny but is so much fun and the food is actually pretty good. I think you will enjoy it.

My family and I have been to both Hoop-de and Backyard, we definitely prefer hoop-de and have been a few times, but only once to Backyard. DS ages 10 and 8 prefer Hoop-de. I found food better at Hoop-de and entertainment better there as well. :rotfl2:

4 months, 12 days until Disney!!!:woohoo:

Been to both Love Both . HDDR is defiinately well worth it. Get Cat 1.
It's a great show good food & fun.

BYBBQ- it's good food & fun.

If I had to pick one there be no ? HDDR. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

After you do this then on another trip I go to the BYBBQ.

Agree with other posters HDDR gets our vote too. We did both shows two years ago and we all favored HDDR. Even our youngest at 20mos old had a good time clapping along.

HDDR is a GREAT dinner show. Let me tell you, I don't like anything 'western', I'm not into rustic, and some of my least favorite food in the world? Fried chicken and ribs. With all that going against me I was NOT looking forward to HDDR, but my family chose it. But I had an amazing time! The show is so lively and engaging, the entire audience laughs every minute. Service was great, and though I didn't eat half the offerings, the sides, dessert, and even the chicken were fantastic.

I don't think anyone can go wrong with HDDR. On the contrary, we saw Spirit of Aloha the same trip, which I WAS excited about and WAS more in line with my tastes. The food was dry and inedible, service was lackluster, and above the show was amazingly dull and seemed to stretch on forever. Funny how expectations play out sometimes!

We have been going to WDW for years and resisted the Hoop de Doo because we didn't think it would be worth the extra expense. Last summer, we decided to try different things and booked the Hoop de Doo. We loved it and would definitely do it again.:yay: It was enjoyable for all of us. When you can make a 15 year old girl, 8 year old boy and both parents continuously laugh, you've really done something. :banana: The food is good. The cornbread is great. However, it would be worth it just for the Sangria!:thumbsup2 BTW, we had a table on the floor and participated in the show a couple of times. Wish we hadn't waited to long to try this great family dinner show.

HDDR is a GREAT dinner show. Let me tell you, I don't like anything 'western', I'm not into rustic, and some of my least favorite food in the world? Fried chicken and ribs. With all that going against me I was NOT looking forward to HDDR, but my family chose it. But I had an amazing time! The show is so lively and engaging, the entire audience laughs every minute. Service was great, and though I didn't eat half the offerings, the sides, dessert, and even the chicken were fantastic.

I don't think anyone can go wrong with HDDR. On the contrary, we saw Spirit of Aloha the same trip, which I WAS excited about and WAS more in line with my tastes. The food was dry and inedible, service was lackluster, and above the show was amazingly dull and seemed to stretch on forever. Funny how expectations play out sometimes!

This mirrors my experience as well. I really didn’t expect to like it, and now the Hoop De Do is a family tradition.

The only advice I have is pay for it outright as opposed to using two dining credits. Of course everything depends on your overall budget. I would say that the show is definitely worth the price, but two dining credits are worth more than the price. So splurge just a little more!

We LOVED HDDR. And now we sing the theme song in the car when we miss Disney. So, like, every day...:sad1:

The Hoop is an absolute MUST for my family. Definitely worth the 2 table credits. The food is good, served hot a quick. The drinks do not stop flowing and the entertainment is cheesy but in a very fun way! Plus the tip is included. We sometimes pay OOP for this one and use the TS's in other way because it works out that it is cheaper to pay for this dinner show (for all that you get) compared to some other TS meals. Once you add in drinks and a tip.

We are going to try the BBQ this year as well - I am betting it will not be as good but it is something different to try.

I do recommend planning alot of time to get to the Hoop - it can take awhile to get there and they recommend that you get there early to check in.

And as the other poster say - try to get T1 seating - there is alot of audience involvement.

We're skipping HDDR this year, using our credits for something else. I would, however, vote strongly for HDDR. We did the BBQ a couple of years ago and were very disappointed. Food was ok, but the rest of the evening was just a bunch of kids mobbing the characters, trying to get autographs. Since my guys don't collect autographs, it was just a waste.

Thank you all for your input. I am definitely putting on the schedule! Now, I have to decide... to we pay outright or use the dining plan....:rolleyes:

We LOVE HDDR, All ages love the show and the food is good. Last trip we were all adults and we had a great time. We chose to pay OOP for Cat 1 seating and use the extra credits for Jiko later in the trip. Great Plan.
Have Fun

I just asked my daughter which onse she would prefer, BBQ / HDD or even the castle, and she choose HDD without hesitation. It's worth it, dinner and a show...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter