Can someone give me advice/opinions on these options please?

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
Hi, planning a first ever trip in November 2020.
We have narrowed down our restaurant choices (for reservations) to these (we have 2 park days in MK, 2 (for now) at DHS, and one each at Epcot and AK).

I am interested to know whether you think there is an appreciable difference (in ambiance) between lunch and dinner, and/or whether you have a preference between lunch or dinner for any other reason(s) that we should consider.

Traveling party is just me and my husband.

Thank you!

MK:
BOG
JC Skipper Canteen

DHS:
Sci Fi Dine In

Epcot (I know we only have one day so maybe difficult to do both):
Teppan Edo
Rose and Crown

AK:
Yak and Yeti

Polynesian Resort:
Kona Cafe/Tambu Lounge (more interested in the Lounge)

AK Villas:
Sanaa/Sanaa Lounge

Disney Springs:
Morimoto

DHS: We enjoyed Sci-Fi it’s a unique experience, food was decent but not write home about great. I’d do it again

Epcot: We really enjoyed our night at Teppan Edo, I would go back in a heartbeat. My fish at Rose & Crown was a mediocre single piece of fish. Nice ambience around the world show case, but I’d go to Teppan Edo.

AK: Yak and Yeti is good, though we left feeling unsure about it. On our next trip we opted not to go back.

Tambo Lounge is good, enjoyed getting a couple of drinks there, though if I had the choice I’d be at Trader Sam’s any day. The Lapu Lapu was good but for the high price it was lacking liquid aka Rum. We stat at Tambu before our Ohana dinner - you can take your drinks with you.

Have you been to BoG before? Pre-covid lunch was quick service and dinner was a prix fixe menu. Now I think both lunch and dinner are prix fixe. We’ve done dinner there before and I thought the food was horrible considering the price. If you want to see the interior then you might just have to bite the bullet, but as far as food goes I would go elsewhere IMO. If there was a quick service option I’d say go for it, but there’s not. To me the atmosphere wasn’t even redeeming enough. At MK I like Skipper Canteen and Liberty Tree. Also you might consider Cinderella’s Castle if you are just looking for cool atmosphere. No characters, but they dropped the price!

Also I’d do lunch at Sanaa so you can definitely see the animals! If it got dark you wouldn’t see much.

Sanaa and Morimoto are two of our favourites!. I agree - be sure to do Sanaa for lunch so you can see the animals, and we've had better luck getting a window table if we have an early reservation.

My advice is to look over the menus and see what you'd likely order, then compare the prices with some of the other options.

Instead of BOG, I'd hop over to the Grand Floridian for Citricos or Narcoossees.
At DHS, take a look at the Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch. The Chopped Cobb is amazing, while the burger and chicken are reasonably priced, too.
At DAK, I wasn't impressed with Yak and Yeti. I'd either eat at Flame Tree, or check out Tiffins.

I agree with looking at the menu and see if its the type of food you would enjoy.
MK really enjoyed Skipper Canteen. Liked BoG for dinner, now similar for lunch. Not sure I'd want 2 heavy meals. Consider a QS for noon.
Tepan Edo was good, but nothing special. did enjoy Rose and Crown.
DAK - enjoyed Yak and Yeti, but like Tiffins much more. find time to enjoy Nomad lounge as well.
AKV really enjoyed Sanaa and Jiko (if its open).
DS has so many great restaurants.

Yak and Yeti is a Landry’s restaurant. You can join the Landry’s club on the Landry’s website. Joining the club gives you priority seating (no adr required) and a birthday $25 gift card every year (birthday month). It costs $25, bit that is returned to you as a gift card. Other Landry’s restaurants in Orlando include Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex, I believe.

Yak and Yeti is reliable and if you want to sit, or it’s a hot day, it can be helpful.

Flame Tree is quite good (we usually share a platter) and is a bit faster. It is, of course, quick service which does mean you’re bussing your own table.

I think the fish at Cookes of Dublin, the quick serve associated with Raglan Road and near Morimoto is better than what’s in Epcot these days (both the quick serve and the R&C). I’m not impressed by Morimoto. We usually eat Japanese a couple of times a month, Indian weekly, and Thai about once a month at home, so we’re pretty familiar with the taste profiles and subtleties. I currently have 7 different types of rice in our pantry.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I want to visit BOG strictly because I love Beauty and the Beast. Menu is secondary in this case!

Our interests are unique or particularly beautiful themeing, and of course food we will eat, and if the restaurant has a lounge/bar, refreshing beverages that are of particular interest. (We have looked over the menus).

Good point on Sanaa during daylight hours... that's not something I would have considered so thank you for that!

Will check out the Flame Tree menu... if it's Quick Serve I haven't really looked at those yet just because I won't need a reservation.

And thank you for the tip on the Landry's club. Will be sure to get registered just in case.

Sounds like we may lean toward Rose and Crown instead of Teppan Edo and then perhaps do Morimoto if we want a Japanese fix. (Of course we would go there because it's his restaurant).

Thanks again!!!

MK:
BOG - Loved the theme - Only like their Dinner so not a lunch option for us
JC Skipper Canteen - really enjoyed their food and LOVED the theme

DHS:
Sci Fi Dine In - Love the food and the theme - I mindlessly start at the screen & DH reminds me to eat :)

Teppan Edo - never been
Rose and Crown - love all their appys and dinners but prefer the F&C from the QS because it is in smaller pieces

AK:
Yak and Yeti - YUM and so much to look at if your into Indonesian 'stuff'

Polynesian Resort:
Kona Cafe/Tambu Lounge (more interested in the Lounge) - ate at Kona once and it was so bad I haven't been able to convince the hubs to retry - LOVE TAMBU

AK Villas:
Sanaa/Sanaa Lounge - SPICY which I like

First trip ever..............................oh so exciting. We love doing lunches and brunches as we don't need heavy evening meals and like to walk after eating. For us: Not big fans of Skipper. We enjoy Liberty Tree. Never eaten at SCi Fi. Love Yak, Sanna, and Kona. Disney Springs is always Boathouse for us although we like to sit a spell and have a cocktail at the Hanger. (I think that is the name.) HAVE FUN!

Teppan Edo
Rose and Crown
Dined at both countless times...If you can do only one I would do Rose & Crown lunch on the patio for outdoors /view or indoor if you want a pub feel. Prefer outdoor if weather is nice. If an Epcot food event is occurring you can then partake in late afternoon into the evening

If doing both, I would do Rose & Crown at Lunch and Teppan Edo for dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter