Can someone explain virgin miles/money thing?

The Real Cinderella

Saving hard for our next trip
We are still looking for cheap enough virgin flights from Manchester to Orlando for 3rd-17th May 2010.

However, we may very well be going again in either September or December and I was wondering if someone could explain to me how this miles thing works- ie if we'd be able to save much on a subsequent flight?

The virgin site just seems too confusing for me

Hi Cinders, not sure how much you know but basically Virgin Atlantic run a loyalty programme so that each time you fly your earn miles (reward points). The number you earn is dependant upon how far you fly and which class, and the ticket class.

When you have amassed enough points you can exchange them for free flights (still have to pay tazes and surcharges I think). Another option is Miles and Money, this is where you pay for your flight with a combination of loyalty miles and cash (in effect it gets turned into a discounted fare for the cost of some points).

When you spend poiints they are deducted from ythe points you have accumulated.

Does that help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter