Can someone explain about the benefits?

famouschinesec

Mouseketeer
I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. DD20 will be in the CP for spring 2013. Can someone on here list for me what kind of friends and family park benefits there are? I've seen some things about maingate entrance but I don't understand if that's unlimited or 3 family members for 2 days, or 3 family members for 7 days? Also are there any kind of hotel discounts? When do the benefits start and when do they end? We were kind of hoping on joining her at the very end of the program, but if the benefits end the last day of her program, there goes that idea. Thanks.

I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. DD20 will be in the CP for spring 2013. Can someone on here list for me what kind of friends and family park benefits there are? I've seen some things about maingate entrance but I don't understand if that's unlimited or 3 family members for 2 days, or 3 family members for 7 days? Also are there any kind of hotel discounts? When do the benefits start and when do they end? We were kind of hoping on joining her at the very end of the program, but if the benefits end the last day of her program, there goes that idea. Thanks.

CPs get a Maingate pass. This allows them to bring in up to 3 guests on 6 different times. Just know that if 3 aren't brought in, the extra person/people do not carry over (so if only 2 people come in once, the third person is wasted).

And there is a resort discount. Usually it's up to 50% off if the CM stays there, up to 40% if they don't (but at times it can be up to 60% off).

The discounts begin when they get their ID, and end the last day of the CP

CPs get a Maingate pass. This allows them to bring in up to 3 guests on 6 different times. Just know that if 3 aren't brought in, the extra person/people do not carry over (so if only 2 people come in once, the third person is wasted).

And there is a resort discount. Usually it's up to 50% off if the CM stays there, up to 40% if they don't (but at times it can be up to 60% off).

The discounts vary. When dd was there it was 20% if she wasn't staying there and 40% if she was. They take that rule very seriously -- my dd knew someone who was termed because he didn't stay in the hotel room every night his parents were visiting because he got off work at 3:45am one shift and didn't want to wake them up when he came in. He was fired several weeks later for not being in the hotel room every night.

Also -- the CPs get a discount on dining and merchandise, but they must pay for it themselves. You can be termed for using your discount but having your parents use their credit card to pay for it.

Is the resort discount off rack rate or can it be combined with a general public discount rate? Last year at the end of July (when we will be visiting DD) it was 30% off the Boardwalk plus I can get an extra 10% off using my Visa card with my travel agent so that would take me to 40% (or thereabouts) which I guess is the same as if we went through DD's discount.

Also -- the CPs get a discount on dining and merchandise, but they must pay for it themselves. You can be termed for using your discount but having your parents use their credit card to pay for it.

That's correct for merchandise, but not true for dining. My parents visited me while on my CP and we ate at Coral Reef, and 50's Prime Time and I specifically asked the server at Coral Reef if I am the one who had to pay or if my parents were allowed to use their credit card to pay and she said that my parents were allowed to pay.

As for the hotel discounts, they vary by season. My parents stayed at Caribbean Beach and my discount ended up saving them 50% and I was not staying with them. I don't know how much it would have been if I had said that I was staying at the hotel.

Also, hotel discounts and reservations can be made for dates beyond the end of the program. So if you needed to stay a few days past the end date of the program the cast discount would still apply. It's also possible to make a reservation for later in the year as long as the cast member's ID is shown to the hotel's front desk prior to the end of the program.

That's correct for merchandise, but not true for dining. My parents visited me while on my CP and we ate at Coral Reef, and 50's Prime Time and I specifically asked the server at Coral Reef if I am the one who had to pay or if my parents were allowed to use their credit card to pay and she said that my parents were allowed to pay.

As for the hotel discounts, they vary by season. My parents stayed at Caribbean Beach and my discount ended up saving them 50% and I was not staying with them. I don't know how much it would have been if I had said that I was staying at the hotel.

Also, hotel discounts and reservations can be made for dates beyond the end of the program. So if you needed to stay a few days past the end date of the program the cast discount would still apply. It's also possible to make a reservation for later in the year as long as the cast member's ID is shown to the hotel's front desk prior to the end of the program.

Thanks for your help, I think I'll make a reservation with my travel agent (online) and cancel that if DD gets me a better rate :)

Thanks for your help, I think I'll make a reservation with my travel agent (online) and cancel that if DD gets me a better rate :)

She will almost definitely get you a better rate. Depending on when you want to go (and if she is in the room) you will get 40 to 60% off. Sometimes she can also add the Dining Plan at a discounted rate, so that is a huge advantage (Although remember to include her in the room so she has her own dining credits)

Unless you are planning to go over a very busy time like Easter, you shouldn't have a problem.

Also I stayed at my apartment some of the nights that my parents were at the hotel. I don't think it was a rule that you actually had to sleep in the room, and really how would they know? They don't come around and do room checks at the hotel or at the apartments?

My DS just booked for us yesterday and received 60% deluxe resort for March 1-6. Just remember this discount is off RACK rates, not on top of any current promotions that may be out there.

She will almost definitely get you a better rate. Depending on when you want to go (and if she is in the room) you will get 40 to 60% off. Sometimes she can also add the Dining Plan at a discounted rate, so that is a huge advantage (Although remember to include her in the room so she has her own dining credits)

Unless you are planning to go over a very busy time like Easter, you shouldn't have a problem.

Also I stayed at my apartment some of the nights that my parents were at the hotel. I don't think it was a rule that you actually had to sleep in the room, and really how would they know? They don't come around and do room checks at the hotel or at the apartments?

My DS just booked for us yesterday and received 60% deluxe resort for March 1-6. Just remember this discount is off RACK rates, not on top of any current promotions that may be out there.

Thanks, we are going in July and hoping to stay in one of the Epcot Resorts so fingers crossed for a good rate :)

mickey'sbud said:
Do you know if this CM rate has expired or not? Thanks

DD booked a room for me today starting my stay on 3/17 and it was 50% if she stayed with me and 40% if not...
So I don't know if it's based on dates you want to stay or if it was based on when you booked....or maybe both...
Sorry, that probably isn't much help.

DD booked a room for me today starting my stay on 3/17 and it was 50% if she stayed with me and 40% if not...
So I don't know if it's based on dates you want to stay or if it was based on when you booked....or maybe both...
Sorry, that probably isn't much help.

That is the typical year round discount for CMs and rooms with availability - meaning you might not always get what you want but what is available will be 50% for the CM and 40% for friends and family. Occasionally there are 60% deals for the CMs (that is awesome); can't remember if the friends and family discount goes up then or not.

Liz

I have never heard anyone getting termed (much less reprimanded) for not sleeping in the room as Andtototoo mentioned, as there is no real way to check. You can't invade guest's privacy.

Does anyone know if the discounted rates at Disneyland would also apply to the Good Neighbor hotels?
Hello!

To my knowledge, the Good Neighbor Hotels aren't directly own/associated with Disneyland other than being near and around the property, unlikely not. It's the same circumstance with the Swan and Dolphin really, as it's not run by Disney so the Cast Member rates don't directly apply.

When in doubt, you could always call them and ask! :)

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter