Can someone clear up a dining plan confusion for me?

BYC

DIS Veteran
I've never done the dining plan, but will on our next trip. We are booked for 7 nights, arriving on Nov. 28-Dec. 5. That is 8 days. So will our plan be good for both the arrival and departure day?

Yes, it is good from the time that you check in until midnight on the day you check out. However ... you will only receive 7 days worth of meals and not 8.

Thank you! That's what I thought, but I didn't want any surprises! :thumbsup2

Yes, it is good from the time that you check in until midnight on the day you check out. However ... you will only receive 7 days worth of meals and not 8.

cool, I did not know this! Thank you! :banana: I was planning to pay OOP for breakfast on the day we check out.

Yes the credits go by the nights, so while you get 7 nights of credits, you can spread them out throughout the 8 days and all credits must be used by mid-night of your checkout day. In order to spread the credits, you will either have to share meals, skips meals, or pay for some meals out of pocket.

arrival and departure days.

If you are on the regular basic plan, what we do is use the better credit (TS) on the arrival day and the QS on the departure day. Also, if you have longer arrival and departure days you can use snacks for healthier foods and make a meal of it. In most food courts, snacks can be used for cereal, yogurt, muffins, a small salad, and fruit choices.

We never go OOP with the plan. You can apply the same principles with snacks to enjoy a 2 TS credit restaurant, as well. I can make a meal out of combining snacks and then save a TS credit if I want to try a fancier place for dinner.

Depending on your situation with a car you can stop at a grocery place and get some food that way for the resort room. We carry some items in our luggage like breakfast bars, canned nuts, etc.

We use our credits at Disney very wisely and we usually maximize our return on the dining plan.

I know this is more info then what you asked for, but I think it's useful info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter