Can my 20 year old DD take her little sister into Canada??

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
We live in upstate NY. My older DD who is 20 would like to take her little sister to the water park in Canada. Older DD has a passport and younger DD who is 8 has a birth certificate. Can my older DD take younger DD to the park if I send a note and her cert???? Will she have trouble going into Canada and then leaving to enter NY???I googled but cant find any info. Thanks!!

I'm apt to think "no" without a passport and a letter stamped/witnessed by a notary.

We live in upstate NY. My older DD who is 20 would like to take her little sister to the water park in Canada. Older DD has a passport and younger DD who is 8 has a birth certificate. Can my older DD take younger DD to the park if I send a note and her cert???? Will she have trouble going into Canada and then leaving to enter NY???I googled but cant find any info. Thanks!!

I googled and got this: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html

Scroll down to entry/exit requirements for US citizens.

A passport is not required for anyone under 15, but the problem comes in with someone who is not the child's parent or guardian wanting to take her across the border. Check the state dept website as there can be other requirements for children.

I have taken my little sister across the border from Canada to the US several times without issue. I always have a note from the Mom, but have never been asked to provide it.

In MY experience, they aren't as strict as some make it out to be. Again, in MY experience.

I have only been asked by US customs for our DD4's passport, The Canadian guards have not asked for it. We have crossed into Maine 3 times in the last 2 years and it's been the same each time.

She will be fine, they an only ask for a birth cert for kids. As you are giving permission you should have no issues, just remind her no alcohol or tobacco as that will really mess with the crossing. We live on a boarder town in Canada have yet to ever hear of kids being denied even when family friends bring kids over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts