Can Kids Order From The Adult Menu With a Dining Plan?

This is one reason DDP is not a good choice for everyone (and there are many other considerations).

When DD was 9 she was sick to death of the repetitious options. I started trading meals with her & ate a few kids meals. This is one reason why we switched to TiW.

Some places have less kid like items on the kids menus (like fish and steaks). The ethnic restaurants in particular have more variety. The family style restaurants and buffets are the same foods. My daughter is 9 and liked adult foods and chicken nuggets but I am a little worried about portions... we actually got her two kids meals when we ate at Marrakech in December.

So kids can order off adult menu at QS on the DDP?
Actually, parents can order food for their kids off the adult menu at Quick Service dining. My son wasn't permitted to purchase something off the 3-9 menu because he wasn't 3-9.

Actually, parents can order food for their kids off the adult menu at Quick Service dining. My son wasn't permitted to purchase something off the 3-9 menu because he wasn't 3-9.

Makes sense since the DDP credits are pooled and the system doesn't see child vs adult QS credits. I cant believe we havent taken advantage of this before.

I called today to see about "upgrading" my DD9's dining plan to be an adult dining plan (either upgrade her ticket to an adult ticket or upgrade our meal plan - whichever). The CM I spoke to said that she could order smaller portion of an adult meal with no problem. This goes contrary to everything I have read. I will call again to get a different CM and see what they say, but has anyone tried this and been told no?

I called today to see about "upgrading" my DD9's dining plan to be an adult dining plan (either upgrade her ticket to an adult ticket or upgrade our meal plan - whichever). The CM I spoke to said that she could order smaller portion of an adult meal with no problem. This goes contrary to everything I have read. I will call again to get a different CM and see what they say, but has anyone tried this and been told no?

The CM is incorrect. It sometimes happens in the reverse: a child who has aged up to a Disney adult, but still wants the kids meal and the restaurant will make them an "adult" portion of a kid's meal. I've never heard of them doing a child portion of an adult meal. Hope you get a CM who will just do what you want and age her up.

The best approach is restaurants with no kids menu. Buffets definitely hit the mark.

As others have said. This cm has it backwards. If you have a 10 yo on the dining plan they will bring them an adult size chicken nuggets and fries. They won’t bring a 9 year a smaller table service meal. Wouldn’t even work for most items as the portions are all planned out for the dish.

You have free dining. You just need to change her birthday. Make her 10 when you go. Even with a 10 day ticket the difference between a child and an adult is about $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter