Can I walk from RPR to SFR with luggage?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
So I initially had a split stay between RPR and HRH. It seems they don't have a service to move luggage and I was told I would need to use the shuttle. Since I'd rather not take all our luggage on the shuttle, we might switch to Sapphire Falls since it looks close enough to walk.

How is the walk from Royal Pacific to Sapphire Falls? Is it doable with luggage?

Thanks,

You can walk inside from RPR to SF, so I guess you could do that, unless you had a huge amount of luggage to take along, then I'd just take a taxi. The walk along the outside is fine, but I'd feel odd, lugging luggage along that path, and the path outside is by the water, so even then a walk and elevator/stairs to get to both hotel lobbies.

I'm doing the same thing, a few nights at SF then a longer stay at RPR. I'm just going to take a taxi, and it's just me. I'd feel odd navigating with luggage between the hotels, inside or outside.

You can walk inside from RPR to SF, so I guess you could do that, unless you had a huge amount of luggage to take along, then I'd just take a taxi. The walk along the outside is fine, but I'd feel odd, lugging luggage along that path, and the path outside is by the water, so even then a walk and elevator/stairs to get to both hotel lobbies.

I'm doing the same thing, a few nights at SF then a longer stay at RPR. I'm just going to take a taxi, and it's just me. I'd feel odd navigating with luggage between the hotels, inside or outside.

Good point. I think it will be easier to take a taxi or uber. I'll take the luggage and have my husband walk with the kids since one of them still needs a carseat...

Sounds like a great idea. Then easy to meet up in the lobby. I think you will like both hotels. Their pools are very nice, and I like the decor in both, too.

I’ve asked the same question recently, and found that walking between the two resorts wasn’t going to be a big deal. I guess it depends on how much luggage and other “stuff” you have to move, but it didn’t sound like any big thing to do. Guess we’ll see when we are there. I think I read somewhere the two were even connected?

Here you go:

Yep, they sure are...…

From RP walk past what was Tchoup Chop, turn into the doors into the convention ballroom area and follow the path......you go up a couple of sets of escalators and a few turns, but it`s more or less a straight walk.....and it`s air conditioned...….::yes::

Takes you to behind the Universal store and lobby in Sapphire...…..

Yes, it`s an easy walk...….

Where there is a need for escalators there is an elevator you can use if luggage is a bit bigger, but it is easily walkable even with luggage.

Takes less than 10 minutes from RP lobby to Sapphire lobby, we walk it a lot on our trips.

RPR offered to transfer my luggage to Cabana Bay, said they could promise to have it there by 4 pm, so we could go to the parks and just head over to Cabana Bay any time in the afternoon and check in and retrieve bags.

That did not work for our schedule, but a very nice request. They had taxis outside the entrance that charged $10 to take the four of us and luggage.

RPR offered to transfer my luggage to Cabana Bay, said they could promise to have it there by 4 pm, so we could go to the parks and just head over to Cabana Bay any time in the afternoon and check in and retrieve bags.

That did not work for our schedule, but a very nice request. They had taxis outside the entrance that charged $10 to take the four of us and luggage.
Was this recently?

That's good to know. It will work out in the end just want to see what my options are :)

I'm not sure when your trip is, but mine is not until September and I too am staying at Sapphire and RPR. If your trip is before Sept, could you please come back and post with what you end up doing and how it goes? TIA!

I'm not sure when your trip is, but mine is not until September and I too am staying at Sapphire and RPR. If your trip is before Sept, could you please come back and post with what you end up doing and how it goes? TIA!

Sorry, my trip isn't until November :( so no help to you. But feel free to let me know how it works out for you lol :).

LOL @MamaKate Will do! Last time I did a hotel switch was from Aventura to RPR and they had a car that took us for free and I just tipped the driver. I've watched a vide on youtube that shows the walk from Sapphire through the Convention center to RPR and it doesn't look bad so we will likely just walk since it's just two adults with one suitcase each for my trip. I'll try to time it and let you know how long it takes us

LOL @MamaKate Will do! Last time I did a hotel switch was from Aventura to RPR and they had a car that took us for free and I just tipped the driver. I've watched a vide on youtube that shows the walk from Sapphire through the Convention center to RPR and it doesn't look bad so we will likely just walk since it's just two adults with one suitcase each for my trip. I'll try to time it and let you know how long it takes us

It takes us less than 10 minutes to walk from the elevator door T3 of RPR to the lobby of Sapphire using the convention centre/ballroom walk inside.

It`s a walk we do often every trip.

As said above, there are escalators, but also elevators if your luggage is heavy.

Yeah the yotube video of the walk is exactly 10 minutes long going from Sapphire lobby to RPR lobby, however, that person was walking kinda slowly and stopped to look in a ballroom on the way so you saying "less than 10" seems pretty accurate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter