can I visit/walk around Universal resorts?

pixieprincess925

I can't get to Disney soon enough!
I typically stay at Disney resorts and know it's easy to go visit other resorts, see what they offer, etc. Is this true for Universal resorts? How easy is it to visit/walk around/get some ice cream/etc? It looks like there are walking paths from the parks, but I don't want to walk all the way there only to find out I'm not allowed on property. Anybody know?

I stay at RP and shop and eat at the other resorts during my stays

never has been an issue
During the pandemic, you will have the digital temp check and be issued a wrist band to enter the hotels or use the boats.

I stay at RP and shop and eat at the other resorts during my stays

never has been an issue
During the pandemic, you will have the digital temp check and be issued a wrist band to enter the hotels or use the boats.
Do they check if you're staying at a Universal resort when you're walking around? We're going to be staying at our DVC resort... :rolleyes1

UO welcomes all to their property.....
They never turn down $$$$$$
Lol

Many like that to check the hotels out before a future stay

The hotels have table service dining, counter service / carry out shops and bagged food items
All have gift shops
Some have bars and peeps sit there for a lengthy time
:eek::poop:

Park merchandise can be purchased in the hotel gift shops

City Walk has a lot of eateries, shops and a universal store for shoppers

The only time it might be a problem is the boats at park close if the boats are busy. They'd rather prioritize resort guests wanting to get home to their rooms. So they might ask to see a room key. But, even then only leaving the parks at close.

Do they check if you're staying at a Universal resort when you're walking around? We're going to be staying at our DVC resort... :rolleyes1

Just to confirm, you won`t have a problem getting on the boats at anytime of the day, park closure or not, wandering around the hotel or eating in any of the restaurants......

We were staying at WDW in October but took an Uber to HRH. While there is someone stationed at the security entrance to the hotel, they just waved our Uber through and did not verify that we were resort guests. We had no issue walking the grounds of HRH. We also visited City Walk, but as mentioned, there's no checkpoints if you want to walk the path to another resort or use the water taxis.

We were staying at WDW in October but took an Uber to HRH. While there is someone stationed at the security entrance to the hotel, they just waved our Uber through and did not verify that we were resort guests. We had no issue walking the grounds of HRH. We also visited City Walk, but as mentioned, there's no checkpoints if you want to walk the path to another resort or use the water taxis.

Do you happen to remember how much it cost to take an Uber from WDW to a Universal Resort? I'll be doing this next Wednesday.

Do you happen to remember how much it cost to take an Uber from WDW to a Universal Resort? I'll be doing this next Wednesday.
We paid about $18 plus tip in a standard size car (2 adults). We found Lyft was slightly cheaper than Uber. The price will also vary depending on exactly where you are picked up on WDW property and depending on which Universal hotel you're going to. We went from CBR to HRH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter