Can I use the parking lot shuttle if I don’t have a car parked?

LV Disney Fan(atic)

DIS Veteran
I will be attending a convention in a few weeks for work and will be staying at the Anaheim Marriott next to the Convention Center. On the last day (a Wednesday) I plan to head over to Disneyland in the afternoon for a solo visit and stay until they kick me out. I will probably walk over there but am a bit reluctant to walk back on my own after midnight since I will be alone, reluctant both for safety’s sake (I have made many late-night walks back to the Candy Cane Inn on previous trips so I’m familiar with the area, but not on my own) and because I will probably be exhausted! I’ve read that I could possibly take the Disney shuttle back to the Toy Story parking lot (which appears to be across the street from the hotel) even though I didn’t park there. Is that ok and has anyone done this recently? What time does the last shuttle leave the park? If that’s not possible, would it be weird to take an Uber such a (relatively) short distance?

Yes, we took the shuttle from the parks to Toy Story lot several times while staying at the Anaheim Marriott during Star Wars Celebration. It is a bit of a walk because they drop you off in the middle of the lot, and you have to get through the lot, across the street, and then to the hotel (which is closer to the convention center than Harbor), but it's still a shorter walk than from the parks.

You can take the Toy Story shuttle but it you will still have to walk a bit because the shuttle drops off on the far side of the parking lot.

If you were planning to take an Uber as a backup, you might as well just pay $6 a day ($4 one way) to take the ART shuttle which picks up closer to the park entrance and drops off right at the entrance of the Marriott. The problem with Uber is that unless you give a big tip, some of the drivers will rate you down for short distance.

Is the ART shuttle stop and schedule easy to figure out?
Extremely. They run continuously, every 10-20 minutes. There is a sign at the Disneyland stop letting you know how long it will be before the next bus arrives. The Marriott is on the Grand Plaza Line. The stop is right outside of the main entrance of the Marriott, just to the right as you walk out. Hotel staff can direct you to it if you can't find it, but there are almost always people waiting on the benches.

You can take the Toy Story shuttle but it you will still have to walk a bit because the shuttle drops off on the far side of the parking lot.

If you were planning to take an Uber as a backup, you might as well just pay $6 a day ($4 one way) to take the ART shuttle which picks up closer to the park entrance and drops off right at the entrance of the Marriott. The problem with Uber is that unless you give a big tip, some of the drivers will rate you down for short distance.
What does “rating you down” do?

What does “rating you down” do?
It's your Uber rating so other drivers can determine if you're worth the pickup. This happened to me...I had a perfect 5 star rating and after getting an Uber from the Walgreens to BWPPI my rating dipped below 5 (we walked there but didn't want to lug our case of water and snacks all the way back in the summer heat). I tipped well and we were friendly but it didn't seem to matter to the driver 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter