Can I use my park passes a couple days before I check into a resort?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Svengoolie, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Svengoolie

Svengoolie Earning My Ears

I know that questions like this have been asked all over the place, but I've seen different answers as well as things that are just outdated, before the era of Magic Bands, so I'd like to ask and be sure.

We're planning a trip with extended family and our plan is to stay 2 nights at Shades of Green and then 2 nights at a Disney resort, probably Caribbean Beach.

I know that we can go to the resort on check-in day in the morning to get our passes activated, even if our rooms are not yet ready. However, could we go a couple days before that, when we're staying at Shades of Green?

This is what will determine what kind of package we get. If we bought a 3-day pass as part of our vacation deal, it would save money. If not, then we need to purchase a single day pass separately from Shades.

Have Magic Bands eliminated this problem? I would think that if I buy a 3-day pass, I could go anytime and use it because it will be on my Magic Band, but I don't know and really need to figure this out ASAP!

2. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

Why are you buying tickets as part of your resort package? Do you have a free dining discount? I'd think you could get better pricing on military tickets if you qualify to stay at Shades of Green.

Regardless, if you have tickets as part of an on-site package, you can walk up to any ticket booth and have those tickets activated up to 10 days before your check-in date.

Shanti and Svengoolie like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Svengoolie

Thanks for the reply and that's a good question!

My uncle is a government employee so he’s getting us into Shades as Tier 3, but he’s not military so we don’t get those real deep discounts. We want to get a Disney dining pass, and we need a ticket package in order to get that, so I’m looking at either 2 or 3-day passes booked with the resort.

We can really have them activated 10 days before at the gates though?? That’s great! And totally different than what I had been reading. So there’s no need to go to our resort check-in at all?

5. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

I'm curious where you've been reading if this is "totally different." You've been able to activate tickets up to three days in advance for as long as I can remember. The extension to 10 days happened about a year ago.

6. Svengoolie

Well like I said I’ve seen disagreeing answers on this, on this board and others, which is what led me here today to get a final answer. I guess the safest way would be to go to the resort first, but would they let us do that two days before we’re to check in?

7. PrincessNelly

PrincessNelly Mouseketeer

We were able to activate ours at our resort, when we arrived 2 days before our package started. The only thing to keep in mind, is that you will not be able to book fastpasses for those days until after they've been activated.

Svengoolie likes this.