Can I use chat to rearrange points?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
The scenario is that I had 80 points banked that I had to use in a BCV contract, plus 100 points I could bank to next year. I also had 170 OKW points (bankable). For my reservation, I said to use BCV points first, then OKW points. Well, I meant for them to use the BCV 80 points only, then go to OKW. Well, they used all my BCV points, both the 80 and the 100, THEN the OKW points. I know...I should have banked the BCV 100 points BEFORE I started this. Now I want to relocate, so I get those 100 BCV back so I can bank them (like I should have done). I'm within 7 months of my reservation, and the total used 220 points. Do I have to call, or can I do this in Chat?

You can probably do online yourself. Just modify the trip, change the order of the contracts so OKW is checked first and then BCV checked 2nd.

It will take all banked points first, and then use OKW.

I would call, I do not trust much on line especially with points that you are trying to repair a mistake. You may end up in a worst place. Either way, good luck and be sure to confirm what points are where before you end the chat or call. If chat, be sure to save the chat so you have aback up of what happened.

You can probably do online yourself. Just modify the trip, change the order of the contracts so OKW is checked first and then BCV checked 2nd.

It will take all banked points first, and then use OKW.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounded like a great idea, so I tried it this morning. Unfortunately, it wouldn't allow me to modify the point usage (or maybe I just couldn't figure it out). But then, I went to Plan B- I checked and OKW was still available for the entire month of April and May in a 1 Bedroom, so I cancelled my original reservation, then held my breath for a few minutes while I booked it as a new reservation, this time saying I wanted OKW points first, then BCV points. Now, I'm breathing again with a new reservation, and all my banked points have been used. BillPA, if this hadn't worked I'd be blaming myself forever for not calling!

Did you book using home resort 7-11 month priority? If so, you can not change them unless a room is available now.

No I didn't. Actually, I'm only about 6 months out this time (often I do use that home resort priority, but this time I forgot). I checked availability before I cancelled and rebooked. I was so relieved that a 1 BR was available at 6 months.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounded like a great idea, so I tried it this morning. Unfortunately, it wouldn't allow me to modify the point usage (or maybe I just couldn't figure it out). But then, I went to Plan B- I checked and OKW was still available for the entire month of April and May in a 1 Bedroom, so I cancelled my original reservation, then held my breath for a few minutes while I booked it as a new reservation, this time saying I wanted OKW points first, then BCV points. Now, I'm breathing again with a new reservation, and all my banked points have been used. BillPA, if this hadn't worked I'd be blaming myself forever for not calling!

Glad you did it. I have found that sometimes, they lock the contracts, even for 7 month bookings, especially when it was a reservation booked during priority and then was modified to a non home resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter