Can I still upgrade to AP

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Tigger2ntinkerbell, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Tigger2ntinkerbell

Tigger2ntinkerbell DIS Veteran

I have asked this a while back, but I can't find the information.

I have a 5-Day MYW Base Ticket(non-expire)-DVC 25 Promo(from 2016, I think)
    Paid $392.99 + $25.54=$418.53(found this information online), Or my DH will use them this trip and I want to do the upgrade.

Now I would like to upgrade to a PP AP is $749.00 + $48.69= $797.69

If I remember correctly , we need to go into any of the parks and then go to Guess Services and upgrade there.

Do I pay $379.16 for each new ticket?? or do I have to figure out how much cost today for a 5 Day ticket .

We are doing 2 trips this year, and another trip in March 2020). So New PP AP is the way to go for us.

Please let me know if I can still do this.

2. D-Trick

D-Trick Oakland Raiders FTW

You said they are non-expiring tickets... but are there any used days? If the ticket still has all 5 days on it, you can apply its value (what you paid in 2016) toward an AP at the current price. If you have used any days on the ticket, then if memory serves me correctly you cannot apply the value toward a new AP.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. Tigger2ntinkerbell

Has not used the tickets yet. But DH is pushing to used them on our trip this April.
    So did I figure out the correct price to upgrade each ticket?

5. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Sounds correct. Since it's a DVC promo, you calculate the price you originally paid for the tickets and that's what Disney will credit you for. Plus, since they are unused tickets, you can upgrade them :)

@Robo is the tickets guru so can answer better.

6. Tigger2ntinkerbell

I was wondering if anyone was able to fo this at guess services in Disney Springs??. Or should we go into MK and go to the guess services after we enter the park??

7. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

You can do it at any guest services. I know when I upgraded my tickets, I went to the ticket center at the Swan....or was it the Dolphin? One of those resorts and upgraded my tickets there.

8. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

I would upgrade before entering the park, either at one of the guest service windows prior to entering or at Disney Springs.

9. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

You can upgrade at Disney Springs or at any ticket booth or Guest Relations location, and you do not need to enter a park first.

There’s a very informative, up to date and helpful sticky on the Theme Parks Board called All About Tickets & Upgrades. An excellent reference even for special DVC tickets!