Can I still upgrade to AP

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I have asked this a while back, but I can't find the information.

I have a 5-Day MYW Base Ticket(non-expire)-DVC 25 Promo(from 2016, I think)
Paid $392.99 + $25.54=$418.53(found this information online), Or my DH will use them this trip and I want to do the upgrade.

Now I would like to upgrade to a PP AP is $749.00 + $48.69= $797.69

If I remember correctly , we need to go into any of the parks and then go to Guess Services and upgrade there.

Do I pay $379.16 for each new ticket?? or do I have to figure out how much cost today for a 5 Day ticket .

We are doing 2 trips this year, and another trip in March 2020). So New PP AP is the way to go for us.

Please let me know if I can still do this.

You said they are non-expiring tickets... but are there any used days? If the ticket still has all 5 days on it, you can apply its value (what you paid in 2016) toward an AP at the current price. If you have used any days on the ticket, then if memory serves me correctly you cannot apply the value toward a new AP.

You said they are non-expiring tickets... but are there any used days? If the ticket still has all 5 days on it, you can apply its value (what you paid in 2016) toward an AP at the current price. If you have used any days on the ticket, then if memory serves me correctly you cannot apply the value toward a new AP.

Have not used the tickets yet. But DH is pushing to used them on our trip this April.
So did I figure out the correct price to upgrade each ticket?

Last edited:
Has not used the tickets yet. But DH is pushing to used them on our trip this April.
So did I figure out the correct price to upgrade each ticket?

Sounds correct. Since it's a DVC promo, you calculate the price you originally paid for the tickets and that's what Disney will credit you for. Plus, since they are unused tickets, you can upgrade them :)

@Robo is the tickets guru so can answer better.

I was wondering if anyone was able to do this at guess services in Disney Springs??. Or should we go into MK and go to the guess services after we enter the park??

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone was able to fo this at guess services in Disney Springs??. Or should we go into MK and go to the guess services after we enter the park??

You can do it at any guest services. I know when I upgraded my tickets, I went to the ticket center at the Swan....or was it the Dolphin? One of those resorts and upgraded my tickets there.

I would upgrade before entering the park, either at one of the guest service windows prior to entering or at Disney Springs.

You can upgrade at Disney Springs or at any ticket booth or Guest Relations location, and you do not need to enter a park first.

There’s a very informative, up to date and helpful sticky on the Theme Parks Board called All About Tickets & Upgrades. An excellent reference even for special DVC tickets!

Hello, on MDE app(which updated on android phone) shows I can upgrade to an PP AP .
Can I do this and not activate them now, but wait until September 2019, there good until next September 2020 - correct?.

Hello, on MDE app(which updated on android phone) shows I can upgrade to an PP AP .
Can I do this and not activate them now, but wait until September 2019, there good until next September 2020 - correct?.
I doubt the app allows you to upgrade to a DVC Discounted AP.

I tried to upgrade using the App and it did not give me the DVC discounted pass as an option. I upgraded at AK. They had a booth in the park just for annual passes so I didn't have to wait at Guest Services.

I tried to upgrade using the App and it did not give me the DVC discounted pass as an option. I upgraded at AK. They had a booth in the park just for annual passes so I didn't have to wait at Guest Services.
Where is this booth?

Where is this booth?

It was on Discovery Island in front of the store on your way to Dinoland. There is a sign in from of the booth that says Annual Passes. I believe the store is called Discovery Trading Company, but the booth is outside the store. It's hard to miss. It's right on the main walking path on your way to Dinoland before the dance party area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter