can i stay at two DVC resorts at the same time? (yes, i know it sounds crazy)...

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
Is it possible to be booked at and actually stay at two DVC resorts at the same time?

What do i mean?

Let's say that i'm staying at BLT for 3 weeks, but i'd also like to spend a few days at the Beach Club Villas, assuming availability.
And say that i don't want to split my stay.
That is, i don't want to pack up and switch resorts.
I just want to spend a weekend at BCV and then go back to BLT, but without moving all of our 3 weeks full of stuff.
We'll just pack an overnight bag, head over to BCV, and then head back with our little bag when the weekend is over.

We used to do this years ago, when our kids were little, but not as DVC members.
We stayed at OKW (regular cash guests) for 3 weeks and every weekend we popped over to the beach club resort without checking out of OKW.

Yes, i know, it sounds completely bonkers, but is it possible to do that with a DVC member point reservation?
Does the system allow me to be booked in two DVC resorts on the same days?
Will it automatically cancel out a double booking?
If so, is there a work around?

You can book 2 rooms at the same time but not under the same name. Will need a different name for the second room
make one up? since all of us will already be on the main reservation..
but if i make up a name, i have to make up an email address to go along with it..

I did this with GF and BW when SW land first opened so I could walk there instead of taking transportation.

I was able to just change the lead on the ressie. So, if you are the lead on the first ressie, just change the lead name on the second ressie. Also, the CM told me just request new MBs and keep them seperate. When she told me it was a good reason but I dont remember why. So I wouldnt get them mixed up, instead of my name, I put GFV in one and BWV in the other.

It was very easy and I wanted to do the same as you. Not have to pack up our room in the middle of our trip.

Enjoy.

There seems to now be an issue with them being able to check you in to two resorts at once.

I usually book an extra night for a split stay and I always have to make sure we are checked out of first before they can activate and get our Magic Bands to work at the 2nd resort.

You have to register all the guests at the 2nd resort, but in a different order allows them to stay booked,

However, you may need some special help from a manager at the 2nd resort to get things to work.

make one up? since all of us will already be on the main reservation..
but if i make up a name, i have to make up an email address to go along with it..

Could add complication if there's any problem and you need to go to the front desk and noone has a matching ID. Do either of you have "shortanable" names? Like, make one reservation for "Christopher" and one for "Chris"? (As sort of a phantom additional person in MDE).

Is it possible to be booked at and actually stay at two DVC resorts at the same time?

What do i mean?

Let's say that i'm staying at BLT for 3 weeks, but i'd also like to spend a few days at the Beach Club Villas, assuming availability.
I just want to spend a weekend at BCV and then go back to BLT, but without moving all of our 3 weeks full of stuff.
We'll just pack an overnight bag, head over to BCV, and then head back with our little bag when the weekend is over.

We used to do this years ago, when our kids were little, but not as DVC members.
We stayed at OKW (regular cash guests) for 3 weeks and every weekend we popped over to the beach club resort without checking out of OKW.

Yes, i know, it sounds completely bonkers, but is it possible to do that with a DVC member point reservation?

IMO it's risky as the magic bands and MDE won't work unless you set up an alternate. However, it's certainly something one can work out if they truly want to. Why not just do the short stay at the beginning or end of the trip.

Every March we book two rooms at the same time. I take my daughter and go to DW for two weeks My husband goes to vero beach at the same time during the early part of our trip for 5 nights to see spring baseball.
He is on our room at DW with the rest of the family. And then he is in his own room under his name at vero. We use the same email and phone number.
It’s never been an issue booking two rooms at the same time.

What do i mean?

It’s possible but you’re likely to run into problems with the MagicBands which could plague you for your entire trip.

My advice is to use pseudonyms for the BCV stay and link those names to similarly named profiles in MDE. You can use first initial and middle name for the pseudonym. Order MBs that are the same color for all guests but not the same color as what you will use for BLT. You’re only going to use them to open the door and for access to SAB. Use you BLT MBs for room charges, tickets and DME.

Every March we book two rooms at the same time. I take my daughter and go to DW for two weeks My husband goes to vero beach at the same time during the early part of our trip for 5 nights to see spring baseball.
He is on our room at DW with the rest of the family. And then he is in his own room under his name at vero. We use the same email and phone number.
It’s never been an issue booking two rooms at the same time.

The only piece is that when he is At Vero, they can check him out of your WDW room easily and recheck his name as guest when he gets there.

We have done that without issue. But it sounds like OP wants all guests to go to the 2nd resort. That is where it gets tricky.

I did this with GF and BW when SW land first opened so I could walk there instead of taking transportation.

I was able to just change the lead on the ressie. So, if you are the lead on the first ressie, just change the lead name on the second ressie. Also, the CM told me just request new MBs and keep them seperate. When she told me it was a good reason but I dont remember why. So I wouldnt get them mixed up, instead of my name, I put GFV in one and BWV in the other.

It was very easy and I wanted to do the same as you. Not have to pack up our room in the middle of our trip.

Enjoy.
thanks! glad to hear it worked out for you (and you don't think i'm certifiable!!! LOL)
makes sense about switching the order of the reservations..
did you use different emails?
my preference is to use only my email - since i'm the one who has to keep track of all this lunacy.....24 days at WDW, staying at 4 different resorts, including double dipping so to speak.....of course that's assuming i actually get what we want at 7 months - otherwise it will be just our two home resorts....

There seems to now be an issue with them being able to check you in to two resorts at once.

I usually book an extra night for a split stay and I always have to make sure we are checked out of first before they can activate and get our Magic Bands to work at the 2nd resort.

You have to register all the guests at the 2nd resort, but in a different order allows them to stay booked,

However, you may need some special help from a manager at the 2nd resort to get things to work.

hopefully changing the order of the names will help with the issues..

IMO it's risky as the magic bands and MDE won't work unless you set up an alternate. However, it's certainly something one can work out if they truly want to. Why not just do the short stay at the beginning or end of the trip.

i'm hoping the tickets are on one MB - on the main resort we'll be staying in...
although, i've been playing with the plan now and i can see we're going to have some issues with MB/DME...
i guess the ticket shouldn't be an issue since i'm going to buy us APs this time...
i usually get the UK 21 day ultimates, but as of now the 21 day tickets are no longer available and in any case, we'll be at WDW for 24 days - so AP it is.
I guess i should start asking AP questions LOL....

Last edited:
thanks! glad to hear it worked out for you (and you don't think i'm certifiable!!! LOL)
makes sense about switching the order of the reservations..
did you use different emails?
my preference is to use only my email - since i'm the one who has to keep track of all this lunacy.....24 days at WDW, staying at 4 different resorts, including double dipping so to speak.....of course that's assuming i actually get what we want at 7 months - otherwise it will be just our two home resorts....

hopefully changing the order of the names will help with the issues..

i'm hoping the tickets are on one MB - on the main resort we'll be staying in...
although, i've been playing with the plan now and i can see we're going to have some issues with MB/DME...
i guess the ticket shouldn't be an issue since i'm going to buy us APs this time...
i usually get the UK 21 day ultimates, but as of now the 21 day tickets are no longer available and in any case, we'll be at WDW for 24 days - so AP it is.
I guess i should start asking AP questions LOL....

I always have the order different, But, at the second resort they could not activate the MB to allow us to access the room as long as we were officially checked out of the first resort.

In our case, we were switching resorts so it wasn’t an issue. But all guests are going to resort 2, it may be.

I always have the order different, But, at the second resort they could not activate the MB to allow us to access the room as long as we were officially checked out of the first resort.

In our case, we were switching resorts so it wasn’t an issue. But all guests are going to resort 2, it may be.

perhaps a second set of MBs will work?
by the way, are the MBs no longer free also for DVC?

perhaps a second set of MBs will work?
by the way, are the MBs no longer free also for DVC?
Still free for DVC. It didn’t matter which magic bands as they are all part of MDE...I always have at least 3 with me as I have specialty ones,

The issue was as a guest, we couldn’t be checked in to both. So, for me, it wasn’t an issue of having the nights...they let me book them..it was the logistics of being a guest at the new place without checking out

Now one year, my DS and his wife did a few nights at VGF while we were at BRV...but it worked because the rest of us remained guests and didnt go elsewhere, They had to check him out, into VGF, and then in two days, they checked him back in to our room.

I just modified my March 2021 reservation and there was a section somewhere about no more free MagicBands after Jan 2021. Well, I was able to order two plain colored ones, and got all the same info about "Congratulations, your order is complete" or whatever it says. It looks like it went though just like it always has.

I just modified my March 2021 reservation and there was a section somewhere about no more free MagicBands after Jan 2021. Well, I was able to order two plain colored ones, and got all the same info about "Congratulations, your order is complete" or whatever it says. It looks like it went though just like it always has.
I think the issue is that if you order 1 Jan or after, the MB will no longer be free, DVC or otherwise. They may not be needed since you can use your phone to unlock the door. I'm not sure if they'll have pay options at the point of service and tickets on the phone as well, my guess is no other than ordering from the phone.

I think the issue is that if you order 1 Jan or after, the MB will no longer be free, DVC or otherwise. They may not be needed since you can use your phone to unlock the door. I'm not sure if they'll have pay options at the point of service and tickets on the phone as well, my guess is no other than ordering from the phone.
they're needed for those who don't have smart phones (like my 93 year old mom and my 6 year old grandson).

and i much prefer using an MB to having to fiddle with something to get into the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter