Can I save 12yo's credits by paying cash

StupidJdyStupidEnrgy

Earning My Ears
We have the dining plan and my 12 year old daughter is considered an adult. She is a very light eater and could easily eat a kids meal. Can we pay out of pocket for her kids meal and save her adult TS credit for ourselves? Has anyone done this before? I haven't seen any posts using this strategy. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

StupidJdyStupidEnrgy said:
We have the dining plan and my 12 year old daughter is considered an adult. She is a very light eater and could easily eat a kids meal. Can we pay out of pocket for her kids meal and save her adult TS credit for ourselves? Has anyone done this before? I haven't seen any posts using this strategy. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Are you paying for the Dining Plan? Just curious. Doesn't answer your question, I know

We did it last year with ds10. He preferred the kids meals. It wasn't a problem at all.

Thanks Shoney! That is good news. Doing it this way will give us two extra meals during our trip. So I just tell our waiter to use two table services credits and we're paying cash for the kids meal? Does Disney frown on this or is Iran accepted dining plan strategy?

Thanks Shoney! That is good news. Doing it this way will give us two extra meals during our trip. So I just tell our waiter to use two table services credits and we're paying cash for the kids meal? Does Disney frown on this or is Iran accepted dining plan strategy?

I made all of our ADR's for 4 adults (it was me, dh, ds12 and ds10). When we were seated we were all given adult menus. When the server came to the table, I would just say "can he please have a children's menu?"

At the end of the meal, I would give them the dining card and ask that they put the kids meal on the OOP portion of the bill. I never got any negative reaction...just an "OK".

Now at Ohana's he had to use a full credit. What a waste....he ate 3 chicken wings!

He also used an adult credit for the F! pkg at Mama Melrose.

I made all of our ADR's for 4 adults (it was me, dh, ds12 and ds10). When we were seated we were all given adult menus. When the server came to the table, I would just say "can he please have a children's menu?"

At the end of the meal, I would give them the dining card and ask that they put the kids meal on the OOP portion of the bill. I never got any negative reaction...just an "OK".

Now at Ohana's he had to use a full credit. What a waste....he ate 3 chicken wings!

He also used an adult credit for the F! pkg at Mama Melrose.

Any buffet/character meal, they will make him use an adult credit, but if ordering ala carte, paying OOP is never a problem. Wait a minute, Via Napoli may make him use a credit. We were told there that everyone at the table had to use a credit if they were on the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter