Can I purchase AP at check-in and then check-in, for AP rate?

GoingtoWDWagain

All because two people fell in love.....
Hi everyone, I have an UNUSED seven day hopper pass and plan on upgrading it to a AP and pay the difference. My question is the following, can I do this at check-in at the POLY and then use AP for AP rate? Can I only do this at WDW ticket booth's, since it is an upgrade? I won't be arriving in Orlando till about 8:00PM and by the time we are near WDW ticket booth's I'm sure they will be closed? (travel in early June)

Please help:(

Thanks in advance!

You can get your AP at guest services when you arrive, the guest services in downtown disney will still be open. They can take care of everything you need.

I don't believe you can do this at the resort, but....

When we stayed using the AP rate, they didn't ask for our AP's. We had pre-purchased them but didn't have the voucher as we were picking them up at WDW.

I had considered going and getting them before we attempted to check-in, but decided to see if they would let us check-in without them. The CM apparently wasn't even aware we had AP's since she asked if we wanted to purchase our parkhoppers while we were checking in.

If you don't want to get the AP before you check-in, you can always give it a shot. The worst that's going to happen is they'll tell you that you have to have them first. Or, they may ask you to return to the desk to show the AP once you have it. You might want to call the resort directly and explain what your situation is. They can tell you if they'd let you do this or not.

If you don't mind stopping at DTD, you'll have no problems at all.

no you dont need them at checkin but you will have to show them later that you have one.

Originally posted by GoingtoWDWagain
Hi everyone, I have an UNUSED seven day hopper pass and plan on upgrading it to a AP and pay the difference. My question is the following, can I do this at check-in at the POLY and then use AP for AP rate? Can I only do this at WDW ticket booth's, since it is an upgrade? I won't be arriving in Orlando till about 8:00PM and by the time we are near WDW ticket booth's I'm sure they will be closed? (travel in early June)
The resorts do not sell AP's. You will have to do this transaction at a Guest Relations window at any of the major parks (Epcot is open until 9:30) or at either of the two Guest Relations offices at DTD (both are open till 11).

I'm not sure this is what you meant but if you are asking about whether you can upgrade your pass to an AP and then get an AP discount on your room, the answer would be only if you had reserved an AP rate room through WDTC/CRO in advance. You cannot just show an AP at checkin and be given a room discount.

If you already have an AP rate reserved, don't worry about not having the AP when you check in. Your worst case scenario is that they will tell you to come back the next day/night to show it to them after you have purchased it.

Thanks for all your responses! Yes, I have a confirmed reservation w/ AP rate for the Poly. Will DTD guest relations be open till 11PM during early June on a weekday?

Thanks again:D

Really, don't fret about getting the AP before checkin. I reserved four rooms on two AP's last Thanksgiving and didn't have to show one at checkin. I hadn't converted my vouchers to passes yet, and told the CM so at checkin. She said just show it before the room is billed to the credit card. I did this at Guest Services at POR and the CM gave it a cursory look, but it was obvious she didn't go into her computer or anything. WHen we checked into AKL a few day later I never had to show it there for the AP rate.
Just as a side note, MK seems to have the longest guest relations line of the parks. Epcot had no wait and our vouchers were converted to AP's in less than ten minutes. If you wait until the morning after checkin to convert your pass, I'd suggest NOT going to the EE park.
Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter