Can I make reservations before buying my dining plan?

chanty

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

yes, another question! That's what happens when you're not too busy at work!!

I made my hotel reservation... haven't reserved the dining yet. Waiting...for god knows what ! :-)
I'm wondering...can i make ADR's anyways? Do they need to know that I'm on the dining plan when I reserve??

Thanks!

I'm just like you. Pretty sure we will do the dinning plan, but I'm holding off booking it for whatever reason.

But I just make all my ADR's a few days ago. The CM did ask if I was doing the DP, and I honestly said I was still deciding. So when she was quoting cost, she would just tell me if it was 1TS or $XX.XX.

So no, you don't have to have the DP booked already. But make your ADRs as soon as possible so that you don't get disappointed with something not being available.

I've made my ADRs but still haven't made up my mind on the Dining Plan. I'm pretty sure that I will, but here's my question. I recently added on the free Park Hopper/Water Park Fun and More to our reservation. If I then call back and add on the Dining plan will that mess up my free PH/WPFaM? There was a different code for the free upgrade if you had/wanted a dining plan versus no dining plan.

I think I'll call today! What's the number again?!?!
I should bring my file here... everything is at home!

Thanks everyone!

chanty said:
I think I'll call today! What's the number again?!?!
I should bring my file here... everything is at home!

Thanks everyone!

I just got off the phone with Dining ressies. I had to make a change to one ADR.

Here is the number. 407-939-3463

To answer your question..It makes no difference if you are on the Dp or not when making ressies. LOL I think? I know we made half our ressies before we had the dp and half after we decided on the plan.

Happy eating.

I called...I'm too early!! lol I didn't even realize it. I have to wait a couple weeks...sad!

I think the only time it makes a difference is when you are making an ADR for a place that requires payment upfront. If you are on the dining plan and give your reservation number they take a credit card to hold but don't charge. If you have not purchased the dining plan yet your card will be charged in full upon reservation. I have been told you can get this credited if you do indeed decide to go with the dining plan but have not attempted it so can't say for sure.

I had my room reservation and all my ADR's made before I added the dining plan. When I called to add the plan, my CM had to go in and note on my ADR's that I was on the plan "So the restaurant would know". So yes, you can make all your ADRs before you get the plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter