Can I just say...

KigerKat

DIS Veteran
we LOVED our Disneyland trip!! It was our my first visit ever and DH's first visit since he was 10, and it was fabulous. We're pretty solid WDW vets, and we were not disappointed in the least. In my opinion, anyone who says otherwise obviously did not do their research prior to their visit and had expected to find another WDW in CA.

I wish we could have stayed longer, but we will definitely be back when Cars Land opens!

Glad you enjoyed your first Disneyland trip!! We're Disneyland vets ourselves but have also been to WDW numerous times (will be there in 2 weeks!).

They're vastly different vacation experiences each with their own qualities that make them special. Anyone who goes from one to the other expecting them to be the same will be disappointed.

Glad you had such a great trip. Disneyland is the best for sure. What was your favorite attractions? Now after a few more trips you can claim DL as your new favorite home park :thumbsup2

Glad that it was such an awesome trip!
We had always gone to WDW, just because we felt that there was more to do there. In April of this year we went to Disneyland for the first time, and ended up buying APs before we left. We LOVE it. I think that it will be a lot of years before we go back to WDW, though I enjoy that too. I can see having a lot of fun there when our kids are teenagers.

I am glad that you and your family had a fantabulous time! That is very nice. :)
What were your most favorite ride attractions? I hope that y'all dined at the Blue Bayou, and had a waterside table.

~~ I love you Phil, and you will forever be with me! ~~​

It was just myself and DH, and unfortunately we did not dine at any sit down restaurants. We tried to keep our trip as low cost as possible. We are used to going to WDW when they offer free dining, so it was a change having to pay OOP. Luckily, DH had recently won a photography contest and his prize was a $125 Disney gift card, so that helped quite a bit!

We LOVED Haunted Mansion Holiday!! Neither of us had ever seen the movie, so we watched it on the flight out to CA. I'm so glad we did, otherwise we might not have understood the ride at all.

Our favorite ride was probably California Screamin'. I hate roller coasters that take such a long time to get to the top (I'm afraid of heights), and this one was awesome! I think we rode it about 4 or 5 times.

Every ride that is duplicated at WDW, we liked better at DL, with the exception of TSM and Star Tours, which are pretty much the same.

The only downside to DL is that are a lot of rides/queues outside. WDW has most of theirs indoors because of the heat and rain, but with the weather in CA I can understand most of this being outside. We were there one day when it rained, and it kind of put a slight damper on our plans, but we still managed to have a good time!

I also liked how close everything was. We stayed at Ramada Inn Maingate, and it took only 12 minutes to walk from our hotel room door to the turnstile at DL. And then it was only 159 of my short-legged steps to get from park to park. It really is that close!!

If anyone is interested, here is a link to DH's photos on Flickr. He only posts about 1 photo a day and has over 100 from WDW on there (only 5 from DL so far, but he took about 2000!).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51442732@N03/

Enjoy!!

Glad you had such a good time at the Original Magic Kingdom. I love that most of the duplicate attractions are a little bit different so that it's not the same experience when you go on them.

Disneyland at Christmas is an awesome time to go...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!