Can I have a comparison to Orlando vs Los Angeles Harry Potter land ?

Orlando has WAY more HP than Los Angeles. LA just has Hogsmeade, while Orlando has Hogsmeade plus a whole separate part with Diagon Alley, which I think is far more immersive and magical than Hogsmeade. LA and Orlando both have Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, which is a great ride. Orlando has Escape from Gringotts in the Diagon Alley section. And I like Escape from Gringotts more than Forbidden Journey. Then there's also the Hogwarts Express that connects Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley that is unique to Orlando.

And Orlando has all the other rides LA has, plus more. The exception being the Backlot Tour.

Flight of the Hippogriff in Hollywood is NOT friendly to those of bigger statures. Instead of the nice generous simple shared lap bar in Orlando, it has the Gringott's style upside down U shaped single lap bar. That makes it harder on people.

Unique to Orlando is the two parks Potter area. The LA version is only Hogsmeade...the castle and a family coaster which, as a PP noted, is a little different. Orlando has two more HP rides, more stores, a fuller experience that can only be experienced with park to park passes. Orlando is really well themed and much larger encompassing two parks.

Flight of the Hippogriff in Hollywood is NOT friendly to those of bigger statures. Instead of the nice generous simple shared lap bar in Orlando, it has the Gringott's style upside down U shaped single lap bar. That makes it harder on people.

I found this out the hard way last August. Tried to ride the Hollywood Hippogriff, having ridden the Orlando version several times. I give credit to the TM who tried for some time to get the restraint to click in properly, but there was no way. Oddly enough, I have ridden both FJ and Gringotts a few times without any issue. D'oh

I found this out the hard way last August. Tried to ride the Hollywood Hippogriff, having ridden the Orlando version several times. I give credit to the TM who tried for some time to get the restraint to click in properly, but there was no way. Oddly enough, I have ridden both FJ and Gringotts a few times without any issue. D'oh

I'm sorry. And you can ride gringotts?? Ugh.

It's such a dinky ride, I don't know why they did that.

Also the Forbidden Journey ride in Cali is 3D if I recall correctly and Orlando is not.

I went to Hollywood summer of 2016 and USF this past August. At that time, Hollywood had 3d glasses on Forbidden Journey. Hollywood isn't that great (TBH) and it is a much more immersive experience in Florida.

Ditto everything above. LA seemed smaller and had less of the HP vibes than Orlando. It was so much more immersive and wondrous in Orlando that part of me wishes they didn't even try to recreate it since they couldn't live up to the standard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!