Can I get your opinion on shoes?

KristiLyn

Fab Five Member!
I think I've chosen some shoes I like, but I'm not sure if they will go with my dress. I can't find anything like them around here, so I'll have to order them online. They are posted below.
Another option I had was both Brian and I could wear converse. It's very us (we aren't very traditional) Maybe red or blue ones. But I'm just not so sure that they won't look ridiculous with my dress. What do you think?

First, here's my dress:
alfred-angelo-2106.jpg

And here's the shoes:
shoes1.jpg

Do you like them? Will they go with my dress? Do you like the converse idea better?
Thanks!!!

I LOVE them!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I think they're freaking gorgeous!!!

Since you asked for opinions, here's my brutally honest one: LOVE the shoes, and the dress is FABULOUS. But I'm not feeling them together at all. The boots are too Victorian, and the dress is very modern and elegant. I think Converse shoes are cute, too, but again, not with that dress.

JMHO!

Since you asked for opinions, here's my brutally honest one: LOVE the shoes, and the dress is FABULOUS. But I'm not feeling them together at all. The boots are too Victorian, and the dress is very modern and elegant. I think Converse shoes are cute, too, but again, not with that dress.

JMHO!

See that's exactly what I was thinking. I want something comfortable and more "us", but I can't find anything to go with the dress. I know I don't want big heels but I'm just so lost with it...

See that's exactly what I was thinking. I want something comfortable and more "us", but I can't find anything to go with the dress. I know I don't want big heels but I'm just so lost with it...

I totally feel your pain! I think some of these bridal shoe designers just assume that everyone wants to wear stilettos or something! ;)

How about flip flops or ballet style shoes? Either or may feel a little more relaxed than heels yet more "wedding-y" than converse, although I am planning on covering the toes of a pink pair with crystals to wear at my reception :bride:

I think both of you in cons would be cute, either that or blingy flip-flops

I wore brown boots with my dress and even those who thought the idea was dreadful love the photographs with my boots on show. So I say go with your gut and how you feel.

Cons do look very cute in photographs but you could equally add some fun with some royal blue ballet pumps. I think they might go nice with the silvery white of your dress. Happy shopping! :)

Now those All Star Skimmers are ADORABLE!! And I love Torsie's idea of sparkling them up with rhinestones or glitter!

Although I love the boots and Converse. I agree that I don't think normal Converse or the boots will look that great with your lovely dress, but blinged up Converse could look pretty fab. Is the dress down to the floor on you? If so you might not really see your shoes anyway.

Have you thought about something with a wedge heel? Or just some cute ballet flats in a style that suits your personality? You could get some really cool patterned ones or bling them up yourself.

Those Converse Skimmers in glittery/rhinestones would be great!

PP was very right- the boots are too Victorian for the sleekness of the dress.

I agree with all the comments here about loving both the boots and the dress, but not together...

... but still get the boots anyway because they are AMAZING!!! Wear them with something else!

Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the recommendations!! Believe it or not, shoe shopping has been the most stressful part for me so far...haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter