Can I fly into LAX OR Burbank when I stay in Anaheim?

Sherri

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though
I just wondered if both airports would be good options depending on where I would get the best deal.

Either one would work. Burbank is a bit farther from Anaheim.

Woody

Flying into burbank would mean you would take the 5 all the way to anaheim. Flying into LAX means the 405.

Something I would do is find out the time your flights would arrive, then check www.sigalert.com to see the traffic at that time. I.e. if I know I'm coming in at 2pm, either one is likely fine, but if I'm coming in at rush hour 6:00 pm, chances are the the 5 freeway is a better bet.

In terms of check in and ease, burbank is better by a longshot.

Just out of curiosity, why have you ruled out SNA? (John Wayne) or Long Beach?

Thanks everyone. I didn't know about SNA (John Wayne). I will check it out.

We always fly into John Wayne. It is such a quick ride. The last time we did we took a cab to the hotel and it was less than $30. So much easier and didn't have to worry about a car.

tinagirl said:
. . . Something I would do is find out the time your flights would arrive, then check www.sigalert.com to see the traffic at that time. I.e. if I know I'm coming in at 2pm, either one is likely fine, but if I'm coming in at rush hour 6:00 pm, chances are the the 5 freeway is a better bet. . .

tinagirl offers good advice. Keep in mind that freeway construction often occurs at night, causing delays.

Woody

Remember that John Wayne and Burbank will add a few more dollars to your airline ticket (landing and departure fees). Plus due to noise abatement, flights cannot arrive eariler than 7:30am and not later than 10:30pm at night.

Does anyone know anything about the Onterio Airport? I noticed JetBlue just started going out there and it looked good on the map but I feel like I need more information than that! :confused3 Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. :goodvibes

Ontario Airport (ONT) is a good option, and about as far from Disneyland as LAX, but with much easier traffic. But if you're looking at Jet Blue, Long Beach (LGB) is closer than either, about 19 miles vs 35 or so.

OCSurfCity said:
Remember that John Wayne and Burbank will add a few more dollars to your airline ticket (landing and departure fees). Plus due to noise abatement, flights cannot arrive eariler than 7:30am and not later than 10:30pm at night.

Not always... I recently purchased a ticket into SNA because it was the cheapest of any of the LA airports for my particular dates in Jan '07. $232 from the east coast... great price!

Thanks so much for the info. I guess my only (I wish) loose end is how to get from there to the Disneyland hotels. We're trying not to have to deal with a rental car. I thought I read somewhere that there is a shuttle from LAX, and of course now I can't find that info, but I don't know about the other airports as far as transport. I suppose we could take a taxi, but I'm not sure how much that would cost. This sure seems to be getting complicated! ;)

jlmarr said:
Ontario Airport (ONT) is a good option, and about as far from Disneyland as LAX, but with much easier traffic. But if you're looking at Jet Blue, Long Beach (LGB) is closer than either, about 19 miles vs 35 or so.

LAX is a mess this year, they have a runway shut down. Avoid if at all possible, even if it means your flight to Burbank or SNA is a connecting flight.

primetimeshuttle is one service from the airports to Disneyland. Car rentals are usually the cheaper way to go (unless your hotel charges for parking) and allow you so much more freedom. From LAX (yuck!) there is also airportbus.com

From Burbank airport, if you time it right, you can even take Amtrak down to Anaheim then a quick cab ride to your hotel. Nice option if your kids love trains!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter