Can I drop tix w/Recovery 35% off rate? (was FD BB)

Amanda999

DIS Veteran
I booked free dining bounceback August 2019 for stay dates August 2020 at Pop. Bought required park tickets (hoppers). We don't need the tickets (have APs and several other tickets already in MDE.)

If I call, can I drop the tickets but keep the 35% off (the Recovery deal that the FD BB was changed to by wdw)?

Hoping my Dis peeps know so I don't have to wait on hold for hours to find out! :)

PS I don't mind if my park ressies are canceled if I cancel the tix.

I did this today. First they were PH tix and then base tickets. Took a while on the phone. I would call guest services directly 407 939 7866. Originally a BB package which changed to Recovery 2020. My reservation now says Rack2020 Basic Package. I kept the 35% discount and got the base tickets refunded. Be patiently persistent. It took Guest Services about an hour and lots of hemming and hawing about how it might not be possible. I've called Disney more in the last month than in my entire life. 😐

I did this today. First they were PH tix and then base tickets. Took a while on the phone. I would call guest services directly 407 939 7866. Originally a BB package which changed to Recovery 2020. My reservation now says Rack2020 Basic Package. I kept the 35% discount and got the base tickets refunded. Be patiently persistent. It took Guest Services about an hour and lots of hemming and hawing about how it might not be possible. I've called Disney more in the last month than in my entire life. 😐
I called 3 times and was told no. I finally gave up and just took the tickets off and lost the 35%. Thanks to your tip and providing that phone number, I just called and got it re-added. THANK YOU!!

I was able to drop my tickets and retain the 35% - though I will say the cast member I spoke with seemed unsure about doing it at the time and seemed confused about. I also sprung it on her at the end of my call about moving the resort because of a closure, so I may have just caught her off guard. It all worked out for me though.

If your reservation says “Rack2020” that should mean you’d be getting charged rack rates... did you check rack rates vs the price you were charged?

I was able to drop off my tickets and maintain the 35% off. Guest Services needed to do it and it took a while. It is frustrating that there is so much inconsistency.

I was able to drop off my tickets and maintain the 35% off. Guest Services needed to do it and it took a while. It is frustrating that there is so much inconsistency.

What does your rate code say?

Like when I view My Reservation in MDE, under room type and confirmation number, it shows “Details: Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package”
(I kept this package because when I called, they said removing the tickets would change the rates - no longer 35% off, even after checking with Guest Services.)

When I saw Rack2020 Basic Package I was worried! I was refunded a little less than $ 760.00 for 4 day tickets for daughter and me. It ended up being about $1280.00 for six night preferred studio at Saratoga Springs. BTW, I was not lucky getting my original resort , POR, upgraded to a deluxe resort for no charge. I was given the option of Caribbean Beach. I was able to use the 35% to switch to Saratoga. We are going early August and wanted to be near Disney Springs in case the parks ended up re-closing. So agree that some consistent policy is needed when dealing with these Disney created issues. Why is it so difficult to get rid of these tickets?

When I saw Rack2020 Basic Package I was worried! I was refunded a little less than $ 760.00 for 4 day tickets for daughter and me. It ended up being about $1280.00 for six night preferred studio at Saratoga Springs. BTW, I was not lucky getting my original resort , POR, upgraded to a deluxe resort for no charge. I was given the option of Caribbean Beach. I was able to use the 35% to switch to Saratoga. We are going early August and wanted to be near Disney Springs in case the parks ended up re-closing. So agree that some consistent policy is needed when dealing with these Disney created issues. Why is it so difficult to get rid of these tickets?

That’s a pretty decent deal for preferred at Saratoga!

We almost ended up there when we were doing the free dining package - switched to Pop when that became available, just because we had to save some money when our income took a hit with the world basically closing in March & April... but I’m glad we are at Pop - hoping to make good use of the close proximity to the Sky Liner!

That’s a good strategy to be close to Disney Springs too! Good thinking!
Enjoy your trip!

What does your rate code say?

Like when I view My Reservation in MDE, under room type and confirmation number, it shows “Details: Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package”
(I kept this package because when I called, they said removing the tickets would change the rates - no longer 35% off, even after checking with Guest Services.)
Hi! It says: CY20BBRO Basic Package

Also, the Passholder room discounts just dropped. If you can change to that, it is a higher % off than 35% and you definitely do not need tickets with a Passholder room rate. Good luck!

Thanks all - I called and after several waits while the wonderful CM talked with Guest Services, they did take the tickets off my now Recovery20 package. It was converted into CY20BBRO, which they said was the other, room only, bounceback. But they kept the 35% off the room which is larger discount than the RO BB. Oh - and then I tried to change dates by one week.... The price was higher than rack rate. CM said something that made no sense so I let it go (kept the dates) for now.

That's good news, but sounds like another long phone call is in your future! I wish the inner workings at Guest Services wasn't such a mystery.

So before I call I still have 'park hoppers' for my recovery reservation - if I call and tell them to change those to base tickets (since we can't use them as hoppers) will it take off money?

We are at pop in September. We're will still be going to the parks.

So before I call I still have 'park hoppers' for my recovery reservation - if I call and tell them to change those to base tickets (since we can't use them as hoppers) will it take off money?

We are at pop in September. We're will still be going to the parks.

Just to update - make sure you call. I was being charged for park hopper prices and they took that off and saved us several hundred dollars on our trip. The CM on the phone said they would "refund" me if I had paid, but I somehow doubt that, unless I caught it and asked for the refund kwim?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter