Can i do this (one-time use points?

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
Ok i'm a dvc member and have used all my '19 points and didn't want to borrow from '20 so we rented for our sept 18th trip at BWV (studio). We decided that we wanted to add one night (doesn't have to be at BWV). So at the 7th month window would I be able to borrow 1 point from '20 then buy the rest as one time use points or could I book it all under one time use points?

As long as you haven't already used up your OTU points for the year, you should be able to buy the max (24 points) so if that's all you need for your trip, it would probably be better to just buy them, rather than borrowing.

As long as you haven't already used up your OTU points for the year, you should be able to buy the max (24 points) so if that's all you need for your trip, it would probably be better to just buy them, rather than borrowing.

thanks! do you know how much it is per point? I think they raised it several years ago

Actually, they raised the price for One Time Use Points twice within the last year or so.

They will sell you up to 24 points per year, all at once or in partial groups, for $19 per point.

The trouble is, you can only use them in the 7 month window, and you have to contact Member Services by telephone (or maybe Chat on the website?) to buy them.

I believe you can also only buy them if you are making a reservation to put them on. Though I'm not sure of that.

Maybe you can pre-purchase them, but you still have to call up Member Services to use them, because, like Transferred Points, they don't show up in your online total of available points.

If you do buy them, and you make a reservation and then cancel the reservation, you still get to keep the points, to use on something else.

I'm not sure when they expire, whether in 1 year, or at the end of your Use Year. I suspect it follows the Use Year.

Actually, they raised the price for One Time Use Points twice within the last year or so.

They will sell you up to 24 points per year, all at once or in partial groups, for $19 per point.

The trouble is, you can only use them in the 7 month window, and you have to contact Member Services by telephone (or maybe Chat on the website?) to buy them.

I believe you can also only buy them if you are making a reservation to put them on. Though I'm not sure of that.

Maybe you can pre-purchase them, but you still have to call up Member Services to use them, because, like Transferred Points, they don't show up in your online total of available points.

If you do buy them, and you make a reservation and then cancel the reservation, you still get to keep the points, to use on something else.

I'm not sure when they expire, whether in 1 year, or at the end of your Use Year. I suspect it follows the Use Year.
They expire at the end of your use year

You can not purchase except when booking the reservation. You can buy as many of the 24 as you want to complete or mix those in any combination with borrowed points. So, if you needed 25, you could borrow 1 and buy 24, or borrow 10 and buy 15, whatever combination you would wish.

am I able to do this online when I make the booking or do I have to call in to member services?
You cannot purchase One Time Use Points through your account online. Typically you need to call Member Services. HOWEVER, I have never done this, so I don't know, but you might be able to use the Chat feature in your online account and talk to a Cast Member and purchase them that way.

You cannot purchase One Time Use Points through your account online. Typically you need to call Member Services. HOWEVER, I have never done this, so I don't know, but you might be able to use the Chat feature in your online account and talk to a Cast Member and purchase them that way.

When I’ve bought OTU points in the past, the MS CM had to transfer me to a different CM to take the credit card information. Apparently they couldn’t just use the CC I have on file in MDE.

When I’ve bought OTU points in the past, the MS CM had to transfer me to a different CM to take the credit card information. Apparently they couldn’t just use the CC I have on file in MDE.
Yep, that's what I have had to do as well. Can't be done online and you must be making a reservation for seven months out or less to buy the points. You work with the CM at MS to make the reservation, before you finish, they transfer you to the Accounting area to buy the OTU points who then transfers you back to MS to complete the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter