Can I do a Celebrity cruise trip report here?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by FSU Girl, Jun 1, 2018.

1. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

I was wondering if it would be okay to do a trip report for my honeymoon cruise on Celebrity that I'm taking next year August to Ireland and Iceland. I'm not sure if it would be okay since this is a Royal Caribbean forum, but they do own Celebrity so it might be okay? I know on Cruise Critic people do a few, but I prefer this site more than that one.

mevelandry likes this.
  2. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I'd love to read a Celebrity report here. We are doing our first Celebrity cruise later this summer on the Equinox.

FSU Girl likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

:) That's great to hear. The cruise is going to so many amazing places so I know I'll be taking a ridiculous amount of pictures. I like sharing my experiences for future cruisers

OKW Lover likes this.
  5. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

This forum should really be a catch-all for everything non-DCL.

As such, you have my vote.

6. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

Thanks!

7. WanderlustNZ

WanderlustNZ DIS Veteran

I’ve been wondering the same. I have a Universal/WDW/Costa Rica/Southern Caribbean Celebrity cruise trip coming up and would like to live blog every day, preferably all in the same place.
    I really can’t decide the best place to do this, but here is one consideration.

Either way, I can’t see an issue with your want to post here. As long as it’s clear from the title that your report is on Celebrity, people can make the choice to open the thread or move on.

Mika02 and starvenger like this.
  8. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

Two years ago, I made a request for a "non-DCL" forum but was told that my Carnival VS DCL thread + RCCL forum was more than enough to contain all the non-DCL discussions so I did not push any further.

starvenger likes this.
  9. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

It makes sense. There's really not too much traffic in this forum vs the DCL one, so creating a new one for non-DCL/RCI is not a great idea.

I do think renaming this forum to be inclusive of everything non-DCL would be good and perhaps drive more traffic over, but realistically it's not a big deal.

mevelandry likes this.
  10. WebmasterKathy

WebmasterKathy Administrator Administrator

We have forums for DCL, and you can post information about RCCL and Celebrity cruises here in this RCCL forum.

Other cruise lines are not in the portfolio handled by Dreams Unlimited Travel, and are off topic for the DISboards. I recommend using Cruise Critic to discuss other cruise lines.

OKW Lover likes this.
  11. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

Fair enough.

12. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

Please do!!! I love Celebrity Cruises and I'd love to hear about your experience as this is an itinerary I'm especially intrigued by!

13. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

So I'm on the fence with my honeymoon cruise and have been debating whether to actually go on it or switch to a Disney cruise. If we do end up switching to Disney I think we'll do this cruise a few years later. I've just been nervous about trying out a new cruise line. It is nice to hear you love Celebrity though.

14. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

Ah, the "trying something new" jitters. I hear you. Guess it's better to be indecisive about a cruise versus the wedding :) (which I'm sure will be wonderful).

If it makes you feel any better, I usually get nerves about anything until I get past the "point of no return" - which in the case of a cruise is effectively the Paid In Full date. Before that, I try to stay the course, but it's hard sometimes.

15. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

I've never planned a trip this far out and I can be an indecisive person so it's giving me too much time to change my mind. Currently have two cruises booked now and considering switching the weeks (that's a little more complicated so might not happen) Definitely not indecisive about the wedding :) I think my biggest issue is that I've never been on Celebrity before and if I end up not liking it I'll be on that ship a really long time, plus its a honeymoon so its a bit more special than just doing a week cruise for vacation. So I'm leaning heavily towards Disney and doing the Celebrity cruise later on down the road.

hertamaniac likes this.
  16. hertamaniac

hertamaniac Give me 95 degrees everyday

Well, I think you may know my feelings on this. In so much that we are looking at another Celebrity cruise this fall (Solstice class for sure). I reiterate that our experience on the Silhouette was outstanding.

Though not a detailed TR, here is our snapshot of Celebrity on Silhouette.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/celebrity-silhouette.3662600/

17. hertamaniac

IMG_20180304_162714_154.jpg IMG_20180304_162734_818.jpg IMG_20180306_131348_813.jpg IMG_20180306_151850_439.jpg IMG_20180304_184916_644.jpg
    Additional pics.

IMG_20180304_162734_818.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  18. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

19. hertamaniac

2 bedroom family veranda; we each had our own separate bedroom and worked out perfectly. 4/ship in Solstice class.

20. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

That's really nice!

21. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

What if you end up liking Celebrity better than Disney and regret not having spent 13 days on the ship? ;)

Have you watched videos on youtube? Have you consulted old "Celebrity Today" (Celebrity's Personal Navigators) I find that it sometimes give you a better idea of the offering is on Celebrity.