Can I check in for our room?

disneymom06

DIS Veteran
My sister just called to tell me that she got a pin for free dining. She knows that I am taking the children and now wants to come along, dangling this free dining pin! Problem is that I plan on arriving before her. Can I check in for our room even though the pin will be in her name (so, I am thinking that the room has to be in her name too?)

Can I be the lead name on the reservation or does it have to be her?

Will I be able to put my CC on the room for charging privledges?

Anyone have any experience ?

I believe that if the pin is in her name the reservation needs to be in her name and she needs to be present during the trip and at check in. Although I do not have first hand experience with this.

If she didn't then people would be able to us other people's pins and we know that that isn't allowed. :)

You should be able to put your CC on the room though without a problem since you would be a registered guest for that room.

The only way you can know for sure is to call and ask regarding who needs to be listed first on the reservation.

As for checking in, I have checked in when I was not the lead person on the reservation. My friend had to check in later. We had it noted on the reservation that I would be arriving earlier. We (she) had a FL resident discount on the room. They only let one of us put down a CC (but it was me).

I believe that if the pin is in her name the reservation needs to be in her name and she needs to be present during the trip and at check in. Although I do not have first hand experience with this.

If she didn't then people would be able to us other people's pins and we know that that isn't allowed. :)

You should be able to put your CC on the room though without a problem since you would be a registered guest for that room.

Pins are not transferable, so the ressie has to be listed in her name; just note on the ressie that you will be arriving first and you can check in before her.

If you are talking about only getting 1 room for both of you, then you might be able to check in before her. However, if you are getting 2 different rooms, then you can't use the PIN unless you arrive the same day (or later) than her. I learned this one this week with our traveling buddies. They got the FD PIN, and we can't use it because they are checking in 1 day after us!

Call a CM and ask if you can check in before her on the ressie for 1 room.

I decided to call Disney and yes, I can check in before she gets there. I knew that the reservation had to be in her name as her name is on the pin. I really didn't want her as the contact because she winds up paying , and I didn't want her paying for anything since we were going anyway. (She is like that, she doesn't have any children!)

Thanks for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter