Can I buy these things at the resorts or in the parks?

Saturn23

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide what to pack and the list seems to be growing with no end in sight. I think I'll have to bring what I can and just plan to buy some things only if I need them.

Diapers and wipes (if I run out)
Diaper rash cream
Clorox wipes (I'll bring a travel sized pack but don't have room for the large
container)
Cough/Cold medicine (for adults and babies)

That's all I can think of now but I'll probably add to this list in the next few days.

Thanks!

I remember seeing all of those except the Clorox in the hotel gift shops, but that's because I wasn't looking. Expect to pay a lot for the convenience of purchasing them on property. Also the Baby Care centers in each park sell wipes and baby items.

You can get diapers and wipes, I don't know about rash cream. No to the clorox wipes. Cough and cold medicine would be very limited. I would recommend bringing medicines.

Other than that we usually place an order with wegoshop. They are great, bring your order right to your room and you can pay Walmart prices and not Disney ones and get anything you need including snacks for the week and a bottle of wine for mom and dad.

Last week I bought Claritin at the hotel gift shop - didn't notice if they had children's allergy/cold medicine but I would bet they do. But the prices are not going to be pretty. I paid over $10 for a small box of Claritin. The diaper prices were pretty scary as well. OK if you just want a plan in case you run out but if you are going to buy for the trip, I'd suggest a service or a grocery stop.

I don't remember seeing Clorox wipes either. Hand sanitizer was readily available.

Thanks for the replies everyone. This is just in case of emergencies so I'm prepared to pay extra. I can fit enough diapers/wipes/cream to last for my full trip unless there's an unfortunate stomach virus etc. I just can't pack to prepare for sickness or else I won't have room for clothes. I'll cram some disinfectant wipes into the suitcase since it seems they're not available there.

Has anyone seen a rain cover for a stroller for sale? I could just get one from Amazon but I would only use it in Disney so I'd rather not buy one if it doesn't rain.

I have never seen a stroller cover for sale...just folks using ponchos creatively. I have to say, it is an excellent investment for WDW...it invariably rains or threatens to! I would also bring your own OTC meds...fever and cough, so you don't pay an arm and a leg at the hotel...it seems this i s one of those things that you will need if you don't have any! Also, I noticed we went through A LOT of diapers at WDW...kids just drank more due to the heat. You could always pack up a box of such things and ship it to yourself, care of your resort....hopefully you use it all up on your trip, so you won't need to bring it home and have less luggage to lug.

We always bring the Baby and Clorox wipes unless we put them on the Wegoshop list. We pack the medicine. My sister ships a box of diapers, but I would think it would be easier to put it on the Wegoshop order. Marge (the owner) sets up a time to meet you at the resort. (I never had to wait for her)

Hope this helps. My list is pretty long also.

Megan

Thanks! I guess I'll buy a rain cover for the stroller since it's supposed to rain on two days. The weather always changes though.

I've never tried wegoshop before. Is it something that I can use after I'm already there? If I suddenly need a bunch of stuff can I just phone them with an order at the last minute or do I need to schedule ahead of time?

I would give her a call (Wegoshop) to see if you can place an order when you are there. I usually set something up 3-4 weeks before I go.

While not chlorox wipes, Wet ones, which are antibacterial ,sell individual wrapped wipes in boxes. We always bring these for hands after rides but before a snack(leaves less residue than hand sanitizer although we bring that too) and to wipe things down. If you unboxed them, you could fit tons of them in the corners of the suitcase, bags etc. we pop at least ten in my bag each day before the parks for hand wiping before snacks etc. Have also used in the room for the remote controls phone etc.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll bring Wet Ones for hands and Clorox wipes for surfaces. I've never carried more than a small bag at the parks. This is going to be crazy! Diapers, wipes, food, extra clothes, disinfecting wipes... I'll have to use the stroller like a pack mule.

One more thing, has anyone ever ordered from Amazon and had it shipped to the resorts?

Have you checked out Garden Grocer? I am bringing the bare minimum and getting a delivery the day of our checkin of diapers, etc. I know for sure htat they have diapers, wet ones, wipes, and cream. Not sure about cold medicine, but you can make 'special' requests if not.

Also keep in mind that your brand selection will be very limited in the gift shops.

So if your dd can only be touched by one brand of wipe (or she turns into a red mess) or your ds will only take blue raspberry motrin, bring them.

Do you belong to Costco?

They have their "clorox wipes", the Kirkland Brand, packaged like baby wipes now (in a soft plastic bag with plastic flip top). That would be easy to pack. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter