Can I buy a LL at 7:00 for a park I plan to hop to?

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
Only park available is AK but want to ride GOTG so we need to hop at 2. I’m afraid our only option will be standby.

Yes you can purchase for a park you don't have a reservation for. Also GOTG is virtual queue or ILL only so standby would not be an option anyway (at this point).

You do not need to purchase G+ in order to join the VQ for GotG as it is not included in G+. Reading post 1 of this thread,

Guardians Virtual Queue/Boarding Group will be helpful to you.

If you do not have a park reservation for Epcot, you will need to wait until you have hopped to Epcot at 2PM or later and attempt to join the virtual queue at that time.

You do not need to purchase G+ in order to join the VQ for GotG as it is not included in G+. Reading post 1 of this thread,

Guardians Virtual Queue/Boarding Group will be helpful to you.

If you do not have a park reservation for Epcot, you will need to wait until you have hopped to Epcot at 2PM or later and attempt to join the virtual queue at that time.
Nobody in this thread said you did......you do however need to have a park reservation for EP to join the 7a Virtual Queue. So if you have a park pass for a park that is not Epcot then your only hope is to 1) purchase an ILL or 2) Hope the 1p VQ is still open when you park hop over at 2p.....

So, for your second park of the day, you can't choose a LL on Genie + until 2 pm? But you can buy an individual lightning lane for any park at any time the same day?

I still find all of this pretty confusing...:headache:

So, for your second park of the day, you can't choose a LL on Genie + until 2 pm? But you can buy an individual lightning lane for any park at any time the same day?

Correct.

ETA - it's not that you can't book until 2p, the return time has to be 2p or later.

Last edited:

I believe you can, it will automatically default the return time until after 2pm. I may be wrong, and if so, my apologies, I may be confusing it with Genie+. However I do believe if you have a park hopper ticket you can buy a ILL (you do not need Genie+ for an ILL) for a time after 2pm.

My experience was that I could book a Genie + LL once the return times were after 2:00 pm. I didn’t have to wait until 2:00 to book.

I checked my pix and I booked a Slinky Dog reservation (return time 5:35) at 10:17 on a day when my park reservation was at Magic Kingdom.

Attachments

• CD099ACD-EC23-4D6C-A487-484EEA88954C.jpeg
    CD099ACD-EC23-4D6C-A487-484EEA88954C.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 3CE95769-4BA3-45F7-B362-30A5D9067260.jpeg
    3CE95769-4BA3-45F7-B362-30A5D9067260.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 10
My experience was that I could book a Genie + LL once the return times were after 2:00 pm. I didn’t have to wait until 2:00 to book.

I checked my pix and I booked a Slinky Dog reservation (return time 5:35) at 10:17 on a day when my park reservation was at Magic Kingdom.
They changed the rules a few weeks ago....

The way it used to work -- if you were hopping to the park later you could grab a 2p G+ LL first thing in the morning even if there were return times prior to 2p for those who were going there as their first park. This killed availability in the afternoon for everybody.

They changed it to where you cannot grab a G+ lighting lane for the park you are hopping to until 2p (or later) is the next available time slot.

The way it used to work -- if you were hopping to the park later you could grab a 2p G+ LL first thing in the morning even if there were return times prior to 2p for those who were going there as their first park. This killed availability in the afternoon for everybody.

They changed it to where you cannot grab a G+ lighting lane for the park you are hopping to until 2p (or later) is the next available time slot.
This was on September 9.

Can you clarify this? I'm wondering WHEN you can book the G+.

Can you clarify this? I'm wondering WHEN you can book the G+.

Not really sure what you are wanting me to clarify, but see if this is helps:

You can't book a ride until it's next return time is 2:00p if it is the park you are hopping to. For something like Slinky Dog this could happen at 7:15a in the morning. For something like Muppet Vision 3D that likely doesn't happen until 2:00p.

Not really sure what you are wanting me to clarify, but see if this is helps:

You can't book a ride until it's next return time is 2:00p if it is the park you are hopping to. For something like Slinky Dog this could happen at 7:15a in the morning. For something like Muppet Vision 3D that likely doesn't happen until 2:00p.
I'm just not seeing the difference between the way it used to work and the way it works now. In both situations, it looks like at 7:00 a.m. you can book a ride for your 2:00 p.m. park for 2:00 p.m. or later.

I'm just not seeing the difference between the way it used to work and the way it works now. In both situations, it looks like at 7:00 a.m. you can book a ride for your 2:00 p.m. park for 2:00 p.m. or later.
Example:

Before -- it is 9:00a and Smuggler's has an 11:00 a.m. return time. You try to book it, it gives you 2:00p because that's when you park hop.

Now -- it's 9:00a and Smuggler's has an 11:00 a.m. return time. You can't book it at all.

Example:

Before -- it is 9:00a and Smuggler's has an 11:00 a.m. return time. You try to book it, it gives you 2:00p because that's when you park hop.

Now -- it's 9:00a and Smuggler's has an 11:00 a.m. return time. You can't book it at all.
Gotcha. So you have to wait until you see a 2:00 p.m. return time or later. I'm trying to learn all of this for our upcoming trip. We are doing an MK/Epcot/DHS day just to hit our favorites. I'm wanting to book Jungle Cruise, Remy, and either SDD or TSM using G+. I had planned on trying for SDD right at 7:00, then trying for the others but not sure that will work.

Nobody in this thread said you did......you do however need to have a park reservation for EP to join the 7a Virtual Queue. So if you have a park pass for a park that is not Epcot then your only hope is to 1) purchase an ILL or 2) Hope the 1p VQ is still open when you park hop over at 2p.....

Yes but, OP (see first post above) said it was confusing and their question made it appear they thought they needed to purchase G+ in order to book a VQ for GotG which is not the case. I didn’t want them to waste their money purchasing G+ for 2 parks where G+ is needed less and then find out it didn’t help them access the ride their post was asking about.

No, this is not correct.

A guest can get an LL for a park they are hopping to once the return time for an attraction is 2PM or later. For popular attractions this can happen very early in the day.

No, this is not correct.

A guest can get an LL for a park they are hopping to once the return time for an attraction is 2PM or later. For popular attractions this can happen very early in the day.
Thanks for the correction, I misread the post I was responding to. I am aware of the rules and my other posts in the thread gave that as an example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter