Can hotel store cold food items if we check in a little early?

DSNY4ever

I am going to keep hunting
We are staying at the AKL and we are switching from an offsite hotel and grabbing our groceries on the way. If we arrive a little before check in and our room isn't ready will they be able to store our cold food items somewhere or should we plan on getting ice or something? I know they stopped storing grocery deliveries, so I wasn't sure how this would work.

If one of your "bags" is a cooler....they will take it.
They have taken my pillow and my 12 packs of Coke when I showed up early at Pop......along with my clothes and bags.

They haven't stopped grocery deliveries.
I said stoped "storing" grocery deliveries, is that not correct? I thought that you had to meet them when you had a delivery now and that they wouldn't store them...? Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, we have a car so we are getting them ourselves, but we don't have a cooler bag unfortunately.

I said stoped "storing" grocery deliveries, is that not correct? I thought that you had to meet them when you had a delivery now and that they wouldn't store them...? Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, we have a car so we are getting them ourselves, but we don't have a cooler bag unfortunately.

Many grocery stores sell the cooler bags. Mine has them right at the register. They cost only a few dollars so you could probably pick one up when you get your groceries. Then just donate when done. The cooler bags sold at my grocery store fold flat so could fit in your luggage easily on the way home. To help keep the groceries cold grab some frozen juice concentrate to act as an ice block and a gallon of water. Drink some of the water then when the concentrate is thawed add to the gallon of water so no waste.

As far as I know, Bell Services still has refrigerators. If you arrive with groceries, they will put your perishables in the fridge or the freezer. They will put your other groceries on a shelf.

There has been a lot of discussion lately about grocery delivery, but I have not heard of any changes to this method of storage of groceries which a guest brings with them.

I said stoped "storing" grocery deliveries, is that not correct? I thought that you had to meet them when you had a delivery now and that they wouldn't store them...?
No, as of right now, there has been no change with regards to grocery deliveries. WDW still accepts them on behalf of guests and stores them at Bell Services. There have been rumors this may change, but no change yet.

You can buy a cooler bag, or many (most) grocery stores in the area also sell the styrofoam coolers. I like the idea of the frozen juice concentrate someone post above, or ice can be easily obtained from an ice machine once you arrive. But Bell Services will hold your groceries and your luggage if you prefer.

Enjoy your vacation!

I've had mixed experiences now with bell services and cold food. Previous trips have been fine, but earlier this month, we were checking out of All Star Sports but spending the day in the parks and brought down a refrigerator bag (same one the groceries were delivered in earlier in the week) to bell services. We reiterated several times that this item needed to be refrigerated, but we found it in with our luggage when we got back 10 hours later (Note **we** found it. Bell services couldn't find our stuff and had us come into the storage area to identify it).

No, as of right now, there has been no change with regards to grocery deliveries. WDW still accepts them on behalf of guests and stores them at Bell Services. There have been rumors this may change, but no change yet.

You can buy a cooler bag, or many (most) grocery stores in the area also sell the styrofoam coolers. I like the idea of the frozen juice concentrate someone post above, or ice can be easily obtained from an ice machine once you arrive. But Bell Services will hold your groceries and your luggage if you prefer.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you, that is good to know because if we run out of food we are considering a delivery for the second part of our trip when we won't have the car any more. Boy it is hard to keep up with all the changes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter