Can Canadians get the Disney Visa

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
I have checked on the disney.ca site but nothing about the VISA for Canadians does anyone know???

Hockeychic said:
I have checked on the disney.ca site but nothing about the VISA for Canadians does anyone know???

Oh Boy!

We have tried petitions, phoning, etc., etc., etc..........

It's a no go!

Bank One in the United States is a VISA......

Bank One in Canada is Mastercard...........

We would All :love: to have one but it does not look good!

That's all I'm gonna say about the subject BOOHOO!

Scratch
:charac2:

Scratch42 said:
Oh Boy!

We have tried petitions, phoning, etc., etc., etc..........

It's a no go!

Bank One in the United States is a VISA......

Bank One in Canada is Mastercard...........

We would All :love: to have one but it does not look good!

That's all I'm gonna say about the subject BOOHOO!

Scratch
:charac2:

OK Scratch I'm going to actually be serious here for a moment.
WHY on earth is this credit card such a big deal? Because it has Mickey Mouse on it?
The extras you get on it are so minimal in comparison to what you'd get if you used an Airmiles or Aeroplan Mastercard, Amex or Visa.
The complaining I've seen from others that have this card in the states would dissuade me from ever wanting the darn thing anyway.

"Vanity" credit cards are great if you actually want them because the service that comes with them is good, but from the reading I've done the Bank One Disney Visa sure doesn't come close.

The ONLY reason I'd get one is because they're not accepted at Costco! ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Hi:

I thought that the disney visa gave excellent discounts on disney vacations. Also didn't it take over for the disneyclub card.

Deb.

cottontail said:
Hi:

I thought that the disney visa gave excellent discounts on disney vacations. Also didn't it take over for the disneyclub card.

Deb.

This is cut and paste from their website....
Credit Card Features -

* Earn a full 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on your card purchases
* No Annual Fee
* Use your Disney Rewards in combination with other money-saving offers with no block-out dates
* 0% intro APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers*
* 0% APR for up to 6 months on select Disney vacation packages!

Get the card that always gets you to the magic faster * Disney's Visa® Credit Card from Bank One. You're closer than ever to a Disney vacation and special Disney merchandise!

Also it appears as though MANY people with apparent (according to them anyway ;) ) good credit have been turned down for this. Depending on your credit rating you get charged different interest rates also. (never heard of this before but perhaps common in the U.S.)
And if you're dealing with foreign currencies :
Transactions in Foreign Currency: For billing cycles ending on or before March 31, 2005: 2% of the converted transaction amount. For billing cycles ending on or after April 1, 2005: 3% of the converted transaction amount.
Nah I'll stick with my Bank of Montreal Mastercard with Airmiles thanks :)

Cheers,
Grumbo
This isn't a great deal imho

In addition to the perks that are stated on the site, you also get 15% off the tour prices with the Disney Visa.

Grumbo said:
OK Scratch I'm going to actually be serious here for a moment.
WHY on earth is this credit card such a big deal? Because it has Mickey Mouse on it?
The extras you get on it are so minimal in comparison to what you'd get if you used an Airmiles or Aeroplan Mastercard, Amex or Visa.
The complaining I've seen from others that have this card in the states would dissuade me from ever wanting the darn thing anyway.

"Vanity" credit cards are great if you actually want them because the service that comes with them is good, but from the reading I've done the Bank One Disney Visa sure doesn't come close.

The ONLY reason I'd get one is because they're not accepted at Costco! ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Well Yes it's because of the Mouse!LOL

Heck, I still keep my old Disney Club Card in my Wallet!

Scratch
pirate:

I am at Disney now and about two days ago, while walking through Downtown Disney, a cast member working at the Visa booth offered us to fill out an application for the Visa card. We let her know that we were Canadians and she said that was no problem at all. Her explanation was that since Disney was an "International" company, they could accept Canadians. Anyhow, we filled in the application and received 10 Disney Dollars each for filling it out. We'll see.

Holy moley that would be good news! AND we now get the insider! I'm interested in knowing what special offers cardholders recieve....Anyone know? :cheer2:

SnowyPrincesses:) said:
Holy moley that would be good news! AND we now get the insider! I'm interested in knowing what special offers cardholders recieve....Anyone know? :cheer2:

Don't get your hopes up!

Disney Visa is not owned by Disney but Capital One!

The person probably gets paid per application filled.

But hey, I would fill one out just to get the 10 bucks! Now that's a Deal!

Scratch
:cool1:

I am at Disney now and about two days ago, while walking through Downtown Disney, a cast member working at the Visa booth offered us to fill out an application for the Visa card. We let her know that we were Canadians and she said that was no problem at all. Her explanation was that since Disney was an "International" company, they could accept Canadians. Anyhow, we filled in the application and received 10 Disney Dollars each for filling it out. We'll see.

I went to Disney in January and they did the same thing to me but when I told them I am Canadian. They said sorry you have to be from the US. It was weird since I was able to get the credit card from Macys. So I guess they change the rules?

Don't get your hopes up!

Disney Visa is not owned by Disney but Capital One!

The person probably gets paid per application filled.

But hey, I would fill one out just to get the 10 bucks! Now that's a Deal!

Scratch
:cool1:

Disney Visa isn't owned by Capital One it is a Chase rewards card.

Technically Canadians can't get one but if you are close enough to the US border I know a few Canadians who pay for a US post office box so they can get a Disney Visa as well as pay less for shipping on items purchased online from US retailers. Now if you don't live by the border it doesn't make sense but for some a 30 minute drive and quick customs check is worth the savings on shipping and being able to have what they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!