• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone give me info about the hop on, hop off bus in Vegas?

foxfire

<font color=00cc00>I wonder what rock I've been hi
We will be there in mid June and I read a little about this bus recently. My parents will be with us and they can't do a lot of walking so I thought this might be an option for us to get to/from different areas without having to use our car. Does anyone know the cost? I think you can get a 2-day ticket but I never found the price. Also, are there any places to get coupons or a discount for these tickets? Thanks for any help, advice, suggestions about this!

I've been to Vegas quite a bit and am not sure what you are referring to. There is a city bus called "The Duece" that you purchase a 24 hr pass for. It stops at a lot of the hotels along the Vegas strip before heading for the downtown bus terminal. I think the price is about $7 for a 24 hr pass and is good on ANY city bus. The tourists, however, are heavy users of the Duece because it does travel the strip route.

I belive you are referring to the deuce. We used it when we were out a couple of months ago. They can get really packed, but they are lifesaver when you don't feel like walking from one end of the strip to the other.

There are stops all up and down the strip, just look for the signs. I believe the bus stops every 10-15 minutes at each stop, depending on the traffic.

$3 for a 2 hour pass
$7 for a 24 hour pass
$15 for a 3 day pass
$20 for a 5 day pass

Here is link of the route. http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/servicechange/Deuce%285-23-10%29.pdf

Yes there is the Duece & the Ace bus that are fantastic for getting around Vegas & so worth the money.

Thank you all very much for the helpful information! :goodvibes This sounds like it will work for us.

Heidi, thank you so much for the link! I'll print this out to carry with me. :thumbsup2

The Deuce bus is good for getting up and down the strip, but just make sure that if you need to be somewhere in the afternoon you allow enough time as it can take quite a long time to go from one end to the other. We caught the bus from the shopping outlet at one end of the strip and it took about 1.5 hours to get from there back to the Riverina at the other end of the strip because of the heavy traffic and frequent stops; it was also very crowded and a lot of people had to stand.

We are staying at the Flamingo Hotel - is there a bus stop nearby and would it take us to the outlet shopping?

Have used the Deuce and Ace many times. Study the routes and buy the pass that works for you. There are discount passes for seniors. Check that out at the link that the other poster gave you. The Ace has very few stops and you have to prepay to get on the bus. Once on, you do not have to show your ticket unless asked. We used the Ace 4 or 5 times on our last trip - May - and no one asked for our tickets. On the Ace, you may enter and exit at any of the doors. The Ace was not crowded at all and it is a very quick way to get from one place to another, especially from downtown to the strip. Like I said, study routes and you will find that it is very easy to use either the Deuce or Ace.

Be aware that the Duece pass requires EXACT CHANGE for each passenger - just be prepared. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter