Can anyone explain the new photo packages for the cruises?

PrincessShmoo said:
Yes, pixie dust is great. But when many people start asking for(or even demanding) pixie dust, then it's not really magical any longer.

So you're OK with the lady ahead of you at Shutters getting a CD with 5 different rooms on it, but you can't get the extra room with Grandma & Grandpa in it on your CD?

I doubt that they would say no to the very next person in that situation.

Youre turning one person's Magical Moment where a CM did something nice for them, into a nightmarish scene of entitled jerks all demanding special treatment.

And honestly, Id rather them get one CD instead of 5. Data adding takes a few seconds, burn time takes way longer. In that situation, I believe the CMs were helping the greater good.
Didnt someone say theres a limited run of CDs per trip? Why waste 5% of the total trip disc volume on mostly duplicate images?

Anyway.

In that situation, I believe the CMs were helping the greater good.
Didnt someone say theres a limited run of CDs per trip? Why waste 5% of the total trip disc volume on mostly duplicate images?

Anyway.

The limited run of CDs was only on the extended 2-week cruise, specifically stated to be because of the higher number of images. So apparently data addition IS more effort than just burning, because there were less people on board than normal.

Also, those four discs they didn't sell because of that Magical Moment? Lost them $800-$1600 in revenue (depending solely on cruise length) because there is a limited number of people onboard who are going to buy CDs. It's not a fluid demand like a shoreside retail store that would allow them to make up the lost revenue later.

So yes, I do believe that they would say no to the next person in line, and that there are plenty of people on this board who will use stories like this one to cause a stink for future Shutters CMs by expecting such deals instead of simply hoping for the pixie dust.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Does anyone know how much the scrapbook costs on a 3 night cruise? And also how many photos can you put in the scrapbook?

I actually found all the prices in the DCL site! If you go into your booking, and then go to the section where you can buy gifts for your staterooms, there's a photo package section, and it gives the prices! I think for a 3 night cruise it was $129 for a 39 page scrap book!

On a slightly different subject....does anyone have an address for the company that runs Shutters? Thanks.

so.. by reading these posts, even though they be last year, I am in a cabin separate from my family members; and if I am in the pic with other family members - that is okay; but if family members get pic taken and I am NOT in the pic then it doesn't qualify? I was contemplating which to get if any.... it will be a Christmas trip nov 30th - Dec 8th.... so would like to have pics with Christmas scenes and my gd....

Has anyone else had to deal with this... I think they should include my famiy members on my ticket.... for one reason... I'm paying double for the trip.

so.. by reading these posts, even though they be last year, I am in a cabin separate from my family members; and if I am in the pic with other family members - that is okay; but if family members get pic taken and I am NOT in the pic then it doesn't qualify? I was contemplating which to get if any.... it will be a Christmas trip nov 30th - Dec 8th.... so would like to have pics with Christmas scenes and my gd....

Has anyone else had to deal with this... I think they should include my famiy members on my ticket.... for one reason... I'm paying double for the trip.

If the photo CD was purchased by you (or someone in your room) only those photos that have you (or someone from your room) in them will be on the CD. You could purchase the CD for the other room, and all their photos would be on the CD, and you could be in some of them, if that would work better.

OR, if you purchase just a regular prints package (10, 20, or other) you can select actual prints of whichever photos you want (up to your package maximum) regardless of room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter