Can an average ht 8 yo fit in the disney strollers?

Indeed it can be some work to push a stroller. But carrying 50 pounds of exhausted 6 year old is more work than pushing a stroller with a sleepy child in it.... been there, done that...

But there is no right or wrong way. I have forgone a stroller, rented WDW stroller and used ours. Whatever works, works!
Don't you have to take the kiddo out of the stroller as you leave the park anyway? Especially if you rented one at the park? And to get on a bus? Maybe leave earlier so you don't have to carry the kiddo.

My children no longer use a stroller at home but in WDW we totally need it. They tire easily and we would much rather let them rest or snack as we head to another land that take a million breaks sitting on a bench.
Do what works for your family!
That being said, we find the rented city mini GT double to be much more comfortable than the Disney ones. Have fun!

Don't you have to take the kiddo out of the stroller as you leave the park anyway? Especially if you rented one at the park? And to get on a bus? Maybe leave earlier so you don't have to carry the kiddo.

As DisneyJen0504 posted, the biggest benefit I see with my daughter is moving from one side of the park to the other. Her being able to chill and eat a snack while we meander from Buzz to Pirates is well worth using a stroller to me.

I also pack a cooler that fits perfectly under the BOB, has drink holders, and the BOB pushes so easy a moderate breeze will move it when empty.

Daughter is 45 inches 50 pounds btw.

I frequently walk from car to front gate of parks using stroller because it is a hassle to fold it up, lift it and ride the tram. Honestly every park but MK is an easy walk and we (I) often race the tram and win to the front gate.

MK can be a long walk, especially if you parked on Heroes side.

Also thanks Deb & Bill for the wonderful advice about leaving park earlier, so I do not have to carry my daughter. Wish I would have thought of that!!!!

Again, if a stroller is not for you, then dont use one. But for us, right now, at age 6, it is the best option for maximizing our time at WDW.

Summary - Pro’s outweigh con’s for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!