Can 9 year old have adult meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixster

DIS Veteran
An my 9 year old son have adult meals like is 11 year old sister will be on quick service dining or has he got to stick to children's meals?

An my 9 year old son have adult meals like is 11 year old sister will be on quick service dining or has he got to stick to children's meals?

Disney rules say children must order from children's menu where there is one even on QS plan. If you are getting free dining, you can upgrade your 9 yr old to an adult, pay adult ticket prices (not that much), and then he will be listed as an adult and can get adult meals. You can do the same thing if you're paying for dining, but that increases your cost by the cost of tickets and the meal plan.

Disney rules say children must order from children's menu where there is one even on QS plan. If you are getting free dining, you can upgrade your 9 yr old to an adult, pay adult ticket prices (not that much), and then he will be listed as an adult and can get adult meals. You can do the same thing if you're paying for dining, but that increases your cost by the cost of tickets and the meal plan.

Thank you I may do that for him as sometimes a better choice, We got free dinning with our booking.

That isn't correct...at QS it doesn't matter, all credits are treated the same. Kids can order from either menu.

Technically, the Disney site says you need to order a kids meal. However, all QS meals are categorized the same on the Dining Plan. When you have regular dining, you get Adult TS credits and Child TS credits. But one lump sum of "QS Credits". You'll find people who argue on both sides of this one. Certainly, we've ordered four adult QS meals and had no problem at all--back when my youngest was still considered a kid. My thought is that if Disney really worried about it, they could very easily designate between adult and child credits, just like they do for the TS meals.

The rules of the dining plan state that the child MUST order from the kids menu where one is available. Anything else is considered "getting around" Disney's rules and is often frowned upon by the mods. In the past, those posts have been deleted and/or the thread has been locked.

It is least expensive to just pay OOP for an item ala carte if your child really wants that item. Years ago we did this with DD. If she wanted something that was not available for a child we just payed OOP for the actual item and ordered her kids meal for the drink and fries and dessert. So she would for example get the kids nuggets and we would get her a burger or pizza if that was what she wanted. Way less than the paid upgrade for tickets and messing up her age in the Disney computers (cause lets face it the upcharge for an 18 year old in the room when she is only 17 would suck) and less expensive than paying for the upgrade to the DDP if it isn't free dining.

That isn't correct...at QS it doesn't matter, all credits are treated the same. Kids can order from either menu.

That is incorrect - if a child's menu is available the child must order from it. Period.

Disney's plan, Disney's rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter