Can 2 people keep the ADR alive waiting for the other 5?

L8blumr2

Mouseketeer
We have a FP for SDMT at 5:55 and an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:10. If 5 of us show up at SDMT at 5:55 and the baby and I show up at LTT at 6:10 while the others make their way, will we be okay? If they know we are working on being there, will we be able to hold our ADR?

Maybe, maybe not. Will be completely up to the CM at the podium. They definitely won’t seat you without everyone present, and it will be up to them if let you check in with an incomplete group and wait. Technically, you should not check in unless your whole party is present (when you check in, it puts you in the line to be called, and you could be called without your complete group) but CMs can make their own call.

I personally would not do this. I would set up an alert on the (free) touring plans reservation finder to try and get a later dinner. Or, I’d make other dinner plans if SDMT is the priority.

Earlier this year, we waited 25+ min. in the FP line for SDMT (still much better than the 180 minute standby wait, though!) So, a 5:55 return time doesn’t always mean they’ll be boarding right then. They could be VERY late for this ADR.

Ride SDMT and then go directly to Liberty Tree Tavern and all check in together. You’ll be a little late but in almost 30 years of going to WDW restaurants we have never been turned away for being late for an ADR.

We have a FP for SDMT at 5:55 and an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:10. If 5 of us show up at SDMT at 5:55 and the baby and I show up at LTT at 6:10 while the others make their way, will we be okay? If they know we are working on being there, will we be able to hold our ADR?
Yes, you'll be fine. They won't seat you until your whole party is there; but you won't lise the reservation.

I've been accidentally an hour late for an ADR and they still took me in, they didn't even mention I was late, I didn't know until I checked MDE and saw that our reservation was for 6:20 and not 7:20. That being said I have experienced them saying your whole party needs to be there.

There is a 5 minute early grace period attached your fastpass, use it. You won't be as late then. I've never been allowed to check in without the whole group present so I'm not sure you heading over will help.

Agree with checking in for the FP at 5:50. yo ushould be off the ride a little after 6 and get to LTT on time or very close to it.
As others have said, you will not be allowed to check in and be seated until your entire party is there.

in past we have had everyone there to check in wouldn't let you check in without everyone there

I've been accidentally an hour late for an ADR and they still took me in, they didn't even mention I was late, I didn't know until I checked MDE and saw that our reservation was for 6:20 and not 7:20. That being said I have experienced them saying your whole party needs to be there.

I did that at Frontera Cocina, only I'd gotten the day wrong. Turned up a day early...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter