Can’t search BLT availability?

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
I’m so confused right now ...

We are debating switching resorts for our Feb. trip, and when I did a search, BLT didn’t come up. Not even to say it’s not available for our dates.

Then I went to where you can specifically select what resorts you want to search, and BLT isn’t even on the list as an option to select.

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just going crazy?

Last edited:
Do not know which Disney site you are referring to but for me on the DVC member ste, BLT is coming up in February in the reservation section ()with limited availability for February), and in the DVC Resorts section in the Destinations tab which provides information about each resort.

Online booking is a little flaky right now. Sometimes I get an error, when I do see the actual search page sometimes BLT is missing.

I'm having the same problem, on my computer and my phone browsers. I'm stalking a studio for a trip in 3 weeks!

I’m having issues with not seeing bay lake tower on the resort availability tool as well. You might try calling member services directly. You’re not crazy though there must be some issue with the dvc site. Or I’m going crazy too lol.

I also just realized that for awhile my one membership was not an option to select for online booking. I was searching under the second one so hadn't noticed it immediately. Now it's back but BLT still is not back as an option.

:sad2:

I'm seeing BLT no problem....odd that some see it and some don't. Makes you wonder what they're playing with now.

Tomorrow is sign up for moonlight magic at Typhoon Lagoon. I hope the site is not acting crazy tomorrow morning!:crazy:

I had the same issue and about an hour later it was back. However, during the gone period, I had talked to chat which was sooooooo helpful. Told CM BLT is not showing up. He asked on the online booking( whatever the proper name is).....yes. What days are you looking for? Dec 5 through 8. We'll those dates are probably booked anyway and besides I can't check online availability. I thought, wow that was such a help.

Still not back for me and now my contract that was missing for a bit, while still there, shows zero points.

It’s gone again for me.
It appeared long enough for me to see that a grand villa is open for our dates. I also now know that if I want to switch I can’t until Sept. because I’ll need to borrow some points from Sept. 2020 UY.

I’m totally happy with our (hopefully refurbed by then) grand villa at SSR we currently have booked, but we will be spending so much time at MK on this trip, walking distance would be nice. I’ll see if a GV is still available in a couple weeks! It’s so weird how BLT keeps disappearing from the options to search.

It’s gone again for me.
It appeared long enough for me to see that a grand villa is open for our dates. I also now know that if I want to switch I can’t until Sept. because I’ll need to borrow some points from Sept. 2020 UY.

I’m totally happy with our (hopefully refurbed by then) grand villa at SSR we currently have booked, but we will be spending so much time at MK on this trip, walking distance would be nice. I’ll see if a GV is still available in a couple weeks! It’s so weird how BLT keeps disappearing from the options to search.

I'm really just shaking my head over this. Usually it's happened when they are doing something with a resort like adding categories or such but unless there's some surprised announcement from DVC that isn't happening.

But on your switching - you do not have to wait until Sept to borrow 2020 points. You're always able to borrow as long as the dates of the stay qualify for the borrowed points to be used so in your case if the date of your stay is in your Sept 2019 UY. If you want to switch I'd call MS and do it now if the GV is still available!

Last edited:
I'm really just shaking my head over this. Usually it's happened when they are doing something with a resort like adding categories or such but unless there's some surprised announcement from DVC that isn't happening.

But on your switching - you do not have to wait until Sept to borrow points 2020 points. You're always able to borrow as long as the dates of the stay qualify for the borrowed points to be used so in your case if the date of your stay is in your Sept 2019 UY. If you want to switch I'd call MS and do it now if the GV is still available!

Seriously? I’m laughing so hard at myself. Been DVC members since 2005, and I didn’t know this :) That totally makes sense.

We have borrowed before but not with this kind of timing. I’m cracking up right now.

I have had some of the same issues today with adjusting my March trip for BLT. I finally got it to work for what I needed but it was weird for sure

Tomorrow is sign up for moonlight magic at Typhoon Lagoon. I hope the site is not acting crazy tomorrow morning!:crazy:
MM signups use a non Disney site for registration. So any issues with the member website should not affect the MM registration process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!