Camping "Up To" 20% Discount Released For Aug-mid Sept (Non-weekends)

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
The Sun and Fun room only discount 2019 has been announced and it includes campsites (a rarity). Book through March 24.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/sun-fun-room/

Here are the details:

Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 3.16.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 3.16.21 PM.png

Keep in mind Free Dining is also being offered in this time window as fyi (campsites not eligible for FD).

It's a bit early for this kind of offer (normally comes out in 2nd quarter for the same time frame).

Of course, not EVERY available campsite is eligible for this offer. Best bet is to use the link above and then use the "Check Availability" button on the right hand side. Note most weekend nights (Friday and Saturday) are not eligible.

Late August and early September have some of the lowest camping rates anyway and a 20% discount on top of that would be awesome if you can get it.

Good luck to all!

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Hmm...this is what I got when I put in dates including weekends.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 4.35.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 4.35.03 PM.png
    468.7 KB · Views: 33
That means no discounted sites were available for the dates requested.

And as the offer says, "most" weekends are not eligible. I would be surprised if any are, honestly. So if your dates rquested include a Friday or Saturday night, no discount.

And if your dates include a weekend night, you can try booking two back-to-back reservations: one with any weekend night (no discount) and one with non weekend nights (hopefully get discount). Same level of course. Then you have to live with and manage the issues that go with multiple reservations that are not merged.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I tried again with M-F and the rates were cheaper by a few bucks, but still no different than rack rate. Hmm, so do they only hold back "some" sites? That seems silly, unless they also hold back discounted rooms at the resorts.

Ah- looks like playing with the dates helps.
That is only a 10% discount though, so I guess "up to 20%" would have to be sought out. Not that I am able to make 2 Disney Trips in a year anyway- we are biting nails that nothing falls through in the next 52 days as it is. Man..it would save us hundreds to go in September though.
Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 5.22.20 PM.png

Now you know why I put the words 'up to' in quotation marks :rotfl2:

I think the benefit is there for people who are already planning to go to FW during the discount period. Along the lines of what you say, a savings of $9 a night doesn't light my fire to put together a previously unplanned trip to WDW (in peak summer heat, sun, and humidity no less). I need a savings of $100 a night to get me to even cross the street and consider it.

Bama Ed

PS - although I did play with the availability tool and I could get a room at the Poly for less than $500 a night Sun-Fri in May (Deluxe dates are different than Fort dates). Maybe someday... :cloud9:

Wow, can't believe they are offering a discount at all. First we've seen of this in some time right? Or did I miss some in recent years?

Too bad it doesn't fall in place for us, but hopefully someone will land it. Although, getting the dates right and making everything line up to get the discount seems to be about as easy as sandpapering a bobcat's rear-end. So to speak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter