Camping, Caravanning and Motor Homes at Disneyland Paris...updated for 2011

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
Now up-dated for 2011 :)

I first started researching into Camping and Caravanning at DLP when I realised that my eldest son starts school in September and this year would be the last of the cheap off-peak holidays that we have enjoyed for the past three years.

Now I am a regular off-siter and I am used to only paying €25 a night for my accommodation within 20 minutes of DLP...I was shocked that the same accommodation was €98 during July and August.
What I have found is a cheap(er) way of visiting the parks for those who don’t mind camping. A few sites also have mobile homes (very similar to the Davy Crockett Ranch) however these can be expensive during peak times.

First things first…when staying off-site you obviously need to arrange your own park tickets, my suggestion would be to buy an Annual Pass. For roughly the same price as a 3-4 day park hopper you can purchase a Fantasy Annual Pass, the best thing it does it to give you access to the car park at DLP for free, this is a saving of €12 per day. For more information on annual passes please visit here

There are 8 campsites listed within a reasonable travel distance to Disneyland Paris.

Caravanning des 4 Vents: They have a simple year round price structure here which is €27 per night for 2 adults and a tent or caravan, each additional person is charged at €6 each and children under 5 are free. You can also take animals with you for a €3 per night surcharge. The site also has Mobile homes for rental at the price of €560 per week, or €83 per night for a minimum of 3 nights. This is a year round tariff that does not increase during the summer months...so you'll pay the same price if you go in May or in mid-August.

Camping Les Etangs Fleuris: A great little family run site located 25 minutes from Disneyland Paris. Their Camping tariff is €9.50 per adult per night inclusive of electricity and €8.50 per night without electricity. Children aged 3-10 are €4 per night regardless of electricity and children under 3 are free. Again this campsite offers this tariff year round, no premium for staying there in the school holidays. This campsite also offers mobile homes for rent, these range from €590 to €640 in July and August but can be had for as little as €390 per week in off-peak times.

Flower Camping La Ferte Gaucher: A lovely looking site located 20 minutes from Disneyland Paris. The site offers pitches with both electrical hook up's and non electric. The base tariff at this site is only €11 per night for a non-electric hook up and €15 for an electric hook up for a tent with two people, each additional person aged 7 and over is charged at €3 per night, children aged 2 to 7 are €2 per night and under 2's are free. Again a year round tariff at this site.

Les Courtilles du Lido: This campsite is the furthest away from Disneyland Paris that I have included on this list, this would be good for those who want to explore the region as well as having a day or two at Disneyland Paris however I would not recommend this site for those who's main aim is to visit DLP. This site has a who long list of everything that you are charged for. Each adult is charged at €4 per person per night, children under 10 are €3, it will cost you €5.50 for a tent pitch and €6 for a caravan pitch. Motor homes are charged at €8.50. If you'd like electricity during your stay this will cost you another €3 per night, your car costs you a further €2.50 for each day and there is a €20 deposit for your entrance card for the barrier.

Camping Paris Est: Located 20 minutes from Disneyland Paris, this would be my least favourite choice. This campsite has the most difficult charging system to understand. Prices here range from €25 per night for a tent, two people, car and electricity up to €33 during the summer however you are literally charged separately for everything. Obviously for some this is better, but to me it seems like they should have two or three rates instead for ease of understanding.

Camping Du Bois De Boulogne: Owned by the same company as Camping Paris Est, they have the same complex charging system.

L Ille Demoiselle: This campsite is located 10 minutes from Disneyland Paris, 30 minutes from Paris and 35 minutes from Parc Asterix and is open from April until October every year. This campsite literally charges you separately for everything. Here is a breakdown of how to work out your price:
Pitch: €4
Water: €2.50
Adult: €3
Children: €2
Animals: €1.50
Car: €2.50
Tent Supplement: €1.50
Electricity (6amp): €4
Electricity (4amp): €2.50

So the total for 2 adults and 2 children in a tent with 6 amp electricity, water and taking their own car would be €24.50 per night all year round.

Camping Le Chene Gris: A superb site, by far the best that I have visited. Approximately a 20 minute drive from the Disneyland Park there is both a toll road and a toll free road which both take roughly the same time. This site allows tent’s, motor homes and caravans. They also have two different styles of static tents for those who don’t have or don’t wish to take their own as well as three different styles of mobile home.
Off peak here you will be looking at between €20 and €31 per night for the Luxury Tent rising to €72 at the height of summer. Mobile homes start from €39 per night rising to €107 during the summer. A pitch here starts at €29 per night and goes up to €44 per night during the summer months. This is by far the most expensive site around Disneyland Paris during peak season however off-peak the static tents represent excellent value for money.

I hope this has been of some use to someone out there. Any questions, please drop me a PM and I’ll try to help where I can.

Happy camping,

Johnny

Thank you so much for all this info.

We are doing the Davy Crockett again this summer as we were going to camp and then renew our APs, but it worked out better for us to get a package with the 40% off.

But next year we want to get a tent and camp near DLP and then move on South, taking about 2 weeks altogether, so this info is great :thumbsup2

Thanks for this - as keen campers it will prove invaluable for allowing extra trips :thumbsup2

Excellent thread :)

This is something I would like to look into for the future.We go camping every summer here in Northern Ireland and would love to incorporate Disney and camping sometime :thumbsup2

Thanks for the camping info. DW and I camp in the UK. All I have to do now is try and persuade DW to try camping near DLP.

Motor Homes at Disneyland Paris.

I spent a lot of time on the phone speaking to various people at Disneyland Paris this weekend and I asked about taking Motor Homes to Disneyland Paris and got a very good answer from them...here is is:

DLP offer's the possibility to stay overnight at the main car park.

The castmembers direct the motor caravans to the "Pinocchio" area, which is located on the right side of the moving conveyor belt (if entering the parking lot with the car) near its beginning (if moving toward the park) in the middle of the parking lot.

There are no electrical connections available on the parking lot, guests staying in the motor caravans are free use the public toilets opposite of the animal care center,near the "Alice" section of the car park, and the facilities for bus drivers at the "Pinocchio" area. These facilities include toilets, showers, coin and card operated telephones, a TV room and a small room with tables, seats and a drink and snack vending machines. All facilities are open 24 hours. This building also has additional ticket-offices for the theme parks however opening times are seasonal (this may also be a useful tip for summer visitors needing to buy park tickets)

Motor homes may use the waste disposal and fresh water facilities for buses, located next to the bus driver lounge in the "Tigger" area of the parking lot. There are refuse recepticles for rubbish, drainage points for used water and for camping toilet's. During the winter season water is only availiable from the Driver Lounge area.

The guests staying there are not given a Hotel Easy Pass and therefore not eligible to the benefits and offers for hotel guests.

When entering the parking lot with a motor caravan it is necessary to tell the castmember that you want to stay overnight you will be issued with an overnight ticket which must be clearly displayed at all times (checked by castmembers regularly) however it is not necessary to decide about the duration of your stay in advance as it can be prolonged daily at the Animal Care Center, you must take your ticket there for them to mark the extra night(s). The receipt also includes a map of the parking lot and the surrounding area informing guests about the location of all facilities.

Due to the large number of spaces available it is not possible to reserve a slot in advance. Please keep in mind that once the car park has closed for the day not further Motor Homes will be allowed access...this is generally one hour before park closing time.

Hi
We are just back from Disney after spending 4 nights (in 2 blocks) in the motorhomes area at Disney so thought I'd add our view.
I have a Fantasy pass so there was no charge for us to park. They give you a sheet with some info and the date you booked in for you to display in the window.
As described there is a building for bus drivers. A lot of this is empty and it feels a little spooky if you go in certain ways! We didn't find the vending machines and tv lounge - although we didn't go routing around! There are toilets and showers though. Be aware these are closed for cleaning between 7 and 8am every day.
There is a grey water disposal area - in the bus parking section. However it says on the sheet that there is nowhere to empty chemical toilets. There is a disposal point at the Esso Garage by the Santa Fe.

There is loads of space so don't worry about not being able to reserve. If you arrive after the gates close you can park just outside the gates in a late arrivals area. We stayed there on Friday night and there were about 15 of us. There are no facilities at all there.

Be aware that the music from the moving walkways goes all night, so don't park right next to it as it will drive you mad. At about 3am it changes to instructions for the cleaners and sounds very Big Brother! Also the road cleaners come round about 2am and are very noisy so park in a group with others or they will be banging against your van!

It's not flash, but its very convenient and good value. There were a lot vans there on Saturday but all felt very friendly and still lots of space. Be aware that on very busy days they direct cars up to park between vans so don't leave your steps out or any garden furniture! It also means cars can be driving out at 11pm, but wasn't a problem really - you wouldn't expect it to be quiet at Disney!

Apart from the time when we stayed @ The Explorers,and once in an apartment ( using tesco deals)

we always like to stay @ mobile home sites when visiting Disney!

Most of the time @ La Croix Du Vieux Pont ( a site 1 hour away which we all absolutely love :lovestruc )
but for our 2010 trip we are staying @ Le Chene Gris purely as it's a lot closer

We started UK camping ( in a tent!) last yr and I am hoping to convince hubby to camp in France next summer
we have a trailer now and so will be much easier!

Our Disney holidays are never our "main" holiday,so we like to try and keep the cost down
we are able to do this by staying in mobile homes ( we book via the SUN newspaper £9.50 holidays!) and then using Tesco deals for Eurotunnel

also this time round we have used Tesco deals to buy entrance tickets ( even though the conversion rate is pants! we had some to use up)

Hubby has a company car so doesn't pay for petrol..

So we just need spending money for food etc,oh and the hotel the night before in the UK ( premier inn £29 )

:thumbsup2

Really liked Le Chene Gris :goodvibes
the best mobile home we have been allocated by the SUN holidays so far! modern and spacious, with microwave and heating in bedrooms ( haven't had either before @ La Croix ! ) all mobile homes have part covered decking / terrace ( not that we used it in late Oct :rotfl: )

The train station is right next door to the site, should you want to get the train into Disney or Paris

we drove and it's 2 euros each way if you take the toll road,we set the sat nav to avoid the tolld road and it didn't really take any longer :confused3

really nice ( mainly Dutch) staff,very polite and good English
had a really nice ( but quite pricey) meal in the restaurant one evening,good service and good food

It's obviously a lot smaller than La Croix,with less facilities etc
but at this time of yr when it's literally a place to sleep,shower and not much else it was ideal! being only 20 mins ish from Disney :)

would definitely stay here again as a cheap accom to do Disney

:wizard:

Now up-dated with 2011 prices and two extra sites I have discovered in the area :)

anyone know if you are allowed to park your caravan (towing) in the carpark or at hotel?

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure about Caravans at the main car park. I'm sure I've read a trip report on here where someone was allowed to park their car and caravan at the Cheyenne car park while they stayed in the Hotel.

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure about Caravans at the main car park. I'm sure I've read a trip report on here where someone was allowed to park their car and caravan at the Cheyenne car park while they stayed in the Hotel.

oh that sounds promising, will try to search....
:thumbsup2

You can't overnight in touring caravans at the Pinnochio car park I'm afraid - campervans and motorhomes only. I'm not sure about a caravan in one of the hotel car parks- never tried this one.

hello :) its not to stay in the caravan overnight just to park it :) parents are staying in hotel with us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter