• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Campground north of WDW-Ocala area maybe?

TwinMommy

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for a campground about 1 hour north of WDW to stop at
for 1 night before arriving at FW. Would like it to be safe but doesn't
have to be fancy. We would rather check-in during the morning hours at
FW instead of arriving late in the day.

We are coming in on I-75 to 44 to 27. Thanks for any suggestions!

Twinmommy

I haven't used any of the below but they are listed in the AAA campground book. You might want to check one of them out.

Camper Village of America
Oak Tree Village Campground
Ocala - Silver Springs KOA

If you would like me to give you more infor from the book...pm me and I will let you know what it lists.

If you don't mind going a little distance off the highway, there's a nice state campground near Dunnellon & Ocala - Rainbow Springs State Park, maybe 15 minutes west of I-75.

They've got water & electric at the sites, hot showers, and basic campsites, some shady. There's access to the river for a dip and a small swimming pool. But if you can get there early enough to rent a canoe and go out on the river, you're in for a real treat!!!

The headwaters for Rainbow Springs are just a mile upriver... crystal clear water that you can see through, to the bottom, even where it's 30+ feet deep... like looking in an aquarium! Some canoes are rented right at the campground, and others at the picnicking state park, next to the headwaters. Some people even practice their scuba diving there. From our canoes, we saw all kinds of wildlife, very scenic. :) We'd go back!

There is Paynes Prairie State Park just south of Gainesville off I75. It is probably 2 hours from WDW. Take the Williston Road or 121 exit, go east, at 3rd light (I think) which is 441, turn right or south. The park entrance is a few miles down. Make reservations through www.reserveamerica.com.

Gatorcamper

This weekend at FW!

Thanks so much! I am going to check out those State Parks.
I appreciate the info!

Twinmommy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter