Calling Castaway Brides... Sand in your...

bdps2011

Earning My Ears
bottles.... Get your minds out of the gutter.. OK.. do DF and I had this idea for a favor...

We want to get these bottles..
313KQXJ6IhL._SS400_.jpg

and put a ribbon naturally in OUR colors (We have colors.. she's so cute..:hippie: ) with a cute tag saying that "Brian and Pam stood on THIS sand to begin their lives together" and I was there.. or something.

My question is this.. I know it comes back on board in shoes, and blankets and bathing suits and everywhere you DONT want it, but is it OK to bring back sand from the beach as a souvenir?

I know, ask Shanda.. but she's not the quickest on the reply.

Any thoughts?

BD

I'd ask on the DIS cruise board just to be certain, but I think it's not allowed. I'm recalling something about potential for creepy crawlies in the sand or some such thing ...

That being said ... I have a small bottle of CC sand topped with tiny seashells sitting on our bedroom dresser from 2002 (in my defense this was before I'd heard it wasn't okay). :blush: :rolleyes1 :blush:

bottles.... Get your minds out of the gutter.. OK.. do DF and I had this idea for a favor...

We want to get these bottles..
313KQXJ6IhL._SS400_.jpg

and put a ribbon naturally in OUR colors (We have colors.. she's so cute..:hippie: ) with a cute tag saying that "Brian and Pam stood on THIS sand to begin their lives together" and I was there.. or something.

My question is this.. I know it comes back on board in shoes, and blankets and bathing suits and everywhere you DONT want it, but is it OK to bring back sand from the beach as a souvenir?

I know, ask Shanda.. but she's not the quickest on the reply.

Any thoughts?

BD

There used to be a sign on Castaway Cay about taking home only memories and leaving everything else for others to enjoy.

You can buy sand at craft store and alter your tag just a bit to say something like "we stood on sand just like this at Castaway Cay".

They ask that nothing is taken from the beach, as if you tried you must got through the security to get back on the ship so taking a bunch of sand filled bottles through the scanner to get back on the ship, don't think it would make it:headache:

You could just fill the bottles with any light sand and give it to your guests regardless, they're none the wiser that it isn't cc sand :confused3

we weren't even allowed to open the sealed containers of colored sand we brought from HOME on the ship. It wasn't even sand from the beach, it was store bought sand. :confused3 It had to do with customs and transporting of bugs and natural species and plants and all kinds of stupid reasons other than just saying no. So my advice to you is don't bother with this favor because there is no way you are going to be able to get a bunch of bottles filled with Castaway Cay sand back on the ship, and the group coordinator in charge of your wedding won't allow sand brought on board to be "opened" where it could be spilled and mixed with other things. It was the biggest hassle and huge waste of space in all my wedding stuff to have a big vase and 4 bottles of colored sand that was useless for our trip.

we weren't even allowed to open the sealed containers of colored sand we brought from HOME on the ship. It wasn't even sand from the beach, it was store bought sand. :confused3 It had to do with customs and transporting of bugs and natural species and plants and all kinds of stupid reasons other than just saying no. So my advice to you is don't bother with this favor because there is no way you are going to be able to get a bunch of bottles filled with Castaway Cay sand back on the ship, and the group coordinator in charge of your wedding won't allow sand brought on board to be "opened" where it could be spilled and mixed with other things. It was the biggest hassle and huge waste of space in all my wedding stuff to have a big vase and 4 bottles of colored sand that was useless for our trip.

Wow! You'd think that would've been something they mentioned to you during the planning stage, especially knowing how many couples incorporate the sand ceremony into their weddings.

Wow.. thanks for that info! DF is going to be upset. But we'll find somethign else for her to get crafty on..

Wow! You'd think that would've been something they mentioned to you during the planning stage, especially knowing how many couples incorporate the sand ceremony into their weddings.

planning a DCL wedding isn't the same as a WDW wedding........information is hard to come by.

things we WERE able to do were our welcome bags. I bought a bunch of big canvas backpack style duffle bags from Hobby Lobby and had our Lady and the Tramp design embroidered on them and filled them with first aid kits, sunblock, clorox wipes, stuff like that. it was a special favor, practical as they could use them to carry their stuff on and off the ship, and it was personalized just for us. I also did a sand pail filled with personalized M&M's and a Lady and the Tramp bookmark for our guests too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!