Calling all Illinois Dvc members ! THE GREYHOUND HAS BEEN FOUND

God I hate to see that. We have 2 greyhounds and know firsthand how they will bolt if not leashed.

Hope & pray he'll be found OK!!!!

Bob

I work in Burlington, so if he runs west I will look for him!!! I work at a high school and will see if I can put the picture up in the halls. Good luck in your search.

Jan

I'm not sure that your critter will run as far east as Northbrook, but we'll keep an eye open and post a couple of flyers.

OKWJan thank you, i live south of orland park, and its a very long way from elgin, that is why im calling out my dvc neighbors to help bring this boy home. i have one greyhound we just rescued from the same group and its sad to hear about this poor guy getting out, they run so fast and im sure the owner needs all the help they can get especially with the cold weather agaisnt us.

Battleship Bob thanks for your prayers, i just thought if i post something it would it might help, you never know since alot of people read the dis-boards.

rocketriter thank you, its not my critter, i own one from the same group(it kinda feels like if it were mine when you belong to a great rescue group) and hoping to own another when we get back from going home in april, im just trying to help, and hoping i wont ever have to be in that situation, and if i were i know that alot of great people would be helping me.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your help

i will keep everyone updated:sunny::sunny:

sorry in central Illinois so I can not be much help......but have pixie dust coming your way..........Good Luck !!!!

We live in DeKalb and drive the back roads between here and Elgin all the time. We'll keep our eyes out.

WDWSTAR,
Did you check at the Anderson shelter? I would think that would be a good place to start looking since it right there in south Elgin. I will pass the word to one of my employees that lives in Elgin to keep his eye out on his way down here to Geneva.

WDWstar, we have great respect for rescue groups. We got our miniature poodle from one, and we couldn't be happier. Good luck on your quest.

My DH works in Elgin. I will mention the greyhound to him. Good luck - I know I'd be worried sick if I lost my pooch!

Thank you to all that have posted kind and supported words:sunny:

i will keep evryone posted, thank you again, i knew i could count on my neighbors in a time of need for a love one, even though the critter is part of our regap rescue group, he's still family.

One of my staff members lives in Elgin so I will ask her too keep her eyes out as well. Anderson Animal Shelter would be a very good place to check. Please ask your friend to check there. We adopted our cat from there and they are great people. They hold "turn-ins" for a few days before they put them up for adoption. But it's possible if they know a rescue group in the area they may have turned it over to them too.

Here is their website in case you need any info:

http://www.andersonanimalshelter.com/

We're in Bolingbrook. Too far south I'm afraid. But we'll keep our fingers crossed for you and your friends at the shelter. Shelter's are great, we got our Shepherd from a shelter. Great dog!

Oh and btw Doctor P...it is amazing to see that there is another Blackhawks fan out there!!! I thought I was the only one left!

:(

Bob

We'll keep prayers in our hearts and our eyes open in Lombard.

Checking in from Morton Grove - too far North and East I think, but will keep our eyes open and sending pixie dust your way in hopes he's found.

Oh my! I'm so glad Octane was found! I have two greyhounds and can't imagine what I would do if one or both were lost!!! We love our MeiMei and Starlight!

God bless every one of you who adopts these gentle and loving creatures! They deserve so much love!

So glad that Octane was found!!!! Was he found in Elgin, or how far away did he get?

Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter