called 180 days out and the only time I could get was...

missmun52

DIS Veteran
The only time I could get for a party of 5 at Le Cellier was 4:10pm. I was a little shocked about this. Also, I was not able to get the exact time I wanted at all the resturants (it was close however). I did not experience this last year :confused3 and I waited longer than the 180 mark to call.

Whats going on??

Edited to say: I am booking this ressie for a family that will be there 5 days ahead of me so if the ticker does not match the 180 mark thats why. I cant book mine until 3/5 and I am afraid I wont get all the ADR's I want.

Our 180 day mark was Monday and DH called to make our ADRs. The day we wanted the FDP at MM was sold out. It was the second ADR he asked for, Le Cellier being the first. Can you believe it? We did get Le Cellier for 6 the nigt we wanted.

Keep the Le Cellier, since the closer you get the harder it will be to get in at all.

If your 180 was recent, that puts you mid-to-late August. I know we are in the bounceback from November and have free dining. Others may be banking on a free dining offer and making ADRs, since that is normally the time Disney offers it.

we ADR'd all 9 dinners exactly as we requested. We got Le Cellier for 7:30pm in evening. Dinner @ 4 is way too early. I hope you are able to get a better slot.:hippie:

Did you check for lunch or did you specifically want dinner? Lunch can be easier to get since everyone on DDP wants dinner for the better "value", but we use DDE for a discount and prefer the lower lunch prices. Lunch at a table-service restaurant also serves as our mid-day sit down break. And reservations seem easier to get at lunch too, so we come out ahead all around! :goodvibes

Do you have a large party? I could only get early reservations because we have a party of 7. I ended up doing 2 tables for a couple of our ADR's

I'll tell you what's going on...there are thousands of people calling to make ADRs in anticipation of free DDP being offered. If you are really unhappy with the times you currently have, just call back every so often because many will (hopefully!) cancel if the plan isn't offered and they decide not to go.

Another thing to think about is that free dining was offered to residents of the UK as well as guest who stayed on disney properties in nov/dec for aug/sept 07. don't give up hope either as it gets closer and you are still looking post a thread here to see if anyone is giving it up for 06 they had a nov and a dec thread so you may want to consider starting a sept thread. Best of Luck

This is where the 180 +10 is a life saver. I called last week to make my ADRs for 11 and made sure LeCellier was not my 180. I had no problem getting any of my times as 5-6:00 are my choice times. Once I called and secured a good LeCellier time, then I started to build my ADRs around that one and ended with another ADR for LeCellier at the end of our trip for a repeat performance.

Hi, I don't make too many ADR's, so I am unfamiliar with the 180+10 rule.

Can you help explain it?

Thanks!

Hi, I don't make too many ADR's, so I am unfamiliar with the 180+10 rule.

Can you help explain it?

Thanks!

If you have a reservation onsite you can call at the 180 day mark from checkin and in addition to making your ADR at the 180 day, you can also make ADRs for the next 10 days too! You can only do this as a perk of being a WDW resort guest. Not sure about S&D or SOG.

I posted this last year. I called at my 180+10 mark and could not get Le Celliar for any night at ANY time my whole trip. This was during early Dec and the Candlelight packages had gone on sale prior to my 180+10 mark. I just wanted a regular reservation, so I didn't call earlier. I called many times after that to see if anything opened up, but no luck. I would have taken the package or a regular ADR, but there was nothing. We have a party of 5.

On the other hand I called at 180+10 and got Le Celliar for exactly the time we wanted for late October.

Are you willing to have dinner later in the evening? DH and I had no problems getting ADRs anywhere because we always asked for 8pm or later.

MissMun, would you believe that I actually PREFER LeCellier between 4 and 4:30 PM? Too many times, I've checked in for an ADR in the 6-to-8 PM range only to be given a pager and have to wait for an additional 30 to 45 minutes before being seated. Really tough with 2 young, hungry children (as well as low-blood-sugar me).

Fed up with this pattern, I booked DD's night-before-her-5th birthday dinner at 4:30 PM, and we had a delightful time. We were seated immediately (hooray!), and upon DD telling the hostess it was the night before her birthday, she got loads of attention, received a card signed by all the CMs there, and got to be a Jr Chef, which allowed her to assemble her own chocolate "moose" under the direction of one of the Le Cellier chefs. I'm confident she would not have had any of this special attention had we checked in when the hosts, servers and kitchen staff were "in the weeds."

Mareed, good point about lunch versus dinner. I prefer dinner, even when not on DDP, because my favorite entree (Mushroom Filet Mignon) is not served for lunch. If you think you'd order something that is available during lunch hours, however, Le Cellier is a great way to beat the early afternoon heat!

I called today to *see* if ANY times were available during our trip in April... I wanted lunch, and was surprised to find out that the days that we wanted were wide open for 3 hours!!! In April!!!!

I thought for sure it would be booked solid. I called 180+10 in June for our wedding last December, and wasn't able to book Le Cellier at all...:confused:

I called today to *see* if ANY times were available during our trip in April... I wanted lunch, and was surprised to find out that the days that we wanted were wide open for 3 hours!!! In April!!!!

I thought for sure it would be booked solid. I called 180+10 in June for our wedding last December, and wasn't able to book Le Cellier at all...:confused:

What size table did you need? Was it for a large group? I can get a table for two on short notice, but not if I try to get a table for 5 or more.

The reservation was for 5 people. Maybe thats why I could not get anything.

For all those who asked there were no later reservations, the only thing they had was 4:10 and I took it. I will call back to see if anything else opens up later.

I am surprised it booked up so quickly. I rang on July 4th for New Years Eve at about 9.00am PST/12 midday EST (we were on vacation in Vegas at the time!) and got our prefered time for Le Cellier, and that was at the 180 day mark.

Claire ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter