California Thanksgiving Day Guidelines

Thanks for all your thoughts.....I am in NY and in our county there are some hotspots. I usually host Thanksgiving for my side of the family and it is usually close to 50 people each year. I have already talked to my family and told them I would not be hosting this year. This year we will gather with just our children and their families who we see all the time anyway.....except one daughter and granddaughter who live in Oregon (not coming).

Our Thanksgiving usually last from about 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm so I don't know how I would ever be able to serve apps, dinner and dessert within two hours...LOL

MJ

In my area, you are not allowed to eat inside a restaurant but 2 miles down the road in a different county, you can. What I find odd about his Thanksgiving guideline is that 4 weeks later, schools are opening. Those little critters are virus carriers. I know little kids aren't getting sick but they will carry it home to parents, grandparents and the teachers.

In my area, you are not allowed to eat inside a restaurant but 2 miles down the road in a different county, you can. What I find odd about his Thanksgiving guideline is that 4 weeks later, schools are opening. Those little critters are virus carriers. I know little kids aren't getting sick but they will carry it home to parents, grandparents and the teachers.
That's why schools in my area are either staying remote or going remote.

We just had Thanksgiving here in Canada.

Our rules were only have Thanksgiving with your household period. So basically it was a nicer supper with turkey. Talked to family on devices.

People didn’t follow those simple rules and now our numbers have gone way up again 2 weeks later. It’s crazy. Now people want to do Halloween this weekend . Can’t see this turning out well either.

Sounds like an intelligent set of guidelines to me.

I enjoy the holiday season and the ability to interact, entertain family and friends but see no reason to possibly get sick doing so.
Thanksgiving this year will be in-house residents only which might not be as much fun but should make this year more memorable.

🤷‍♂️

I can't find the official guidance from CADPH anymore so I wonder if they pulled it or reworded it.

I don't have any issue with the department of health releasing guidelines or recommendations, but at one point I saw the verbiage and it said things like "restricted" or "not permitted". No, the governor and the department of health has no right to tell me what to do in my own home. The government overreach is what bothers me about this.

Gov. Newsom can go take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned. His 'guidelines' are a ridiculous overreach. Just wait...he'll turn it into an executive order before too long.
Newsom is the least of your worries. As I have posted, there is a chance this will be coming soon from the White House nationally. We just haven't been serious about covid-19

Thanks for all your thoughts.....I am in NY and in our county there are some hotspots. I usually host Thanksgiving for my side of the family and it is usually close to 50 people each year. I have already talked to my family and told them I would not be hosting this year. This year we will gather with just our children and their families who we see all the time anyway.....except one daughter and granddaughter who live in Oregon (not coming).

Our Thanksgiving usually last from about 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm so I don't know how I would ever be able to serve apps, dinner and dessert within two hours...LOL

MJ
The hardest guideline for me to follow would be the 2 hour limit as well. Too much family chitchat and such 👋.

I live in So Cal. People will not follow these guidelines. People have been having large parties in my neighborhood throughout the pandemic.

As a recommendation, I am ok with it. My cousin's family typically hosts Thanksgiving and has said she will again this year. She said anyone is welcome who wants to come. The party is typically about 30 of us and includes 6-8 80+ year olds (my parents being 2 of those). Our cousins are out and about (flew across country for the Prayer March earlier this month) all the time and are apparently not worried about Covid. So that sealed us not going. My parents and I decided that it is just not safe at this time. We will do a turkey and fixings here and celebrate just the 3 of us.

I don't think it's strict enough, honestly. At least personally. As of right now, Thanksgiving is going to be one household, with food delivery to one other household. I'm not saying that should be the guideline, that's just want we are doing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter