California Screamin Question

jnjusoioa

I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantas
Hi There, In the Birnbaum's book for DL for this year after the CA part, it says Hot Tips and it says California Screamin can wreak havoc with a digital camera, and that is all it says, so I was wondering what that meant, have you all taken your camera on the ride with you?? Has anything happened to it? It just kind of freaked me out a little. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.:)

Yes, I have taken a digital camera on CS, and no it did not cause a problem with the camera. I have no idea where a comment like this would come from.

I believe the comment may come from the belief that the magnet system used to launch the coaster may interfere somehow. But I've never had a problem with my camera. Sometimes it's been in it's nice cushy camera bag, sometimes just in my backpack or purse and sometimes in my son's pocket. No problems ever.

i dont believe the magnetic system should intefer much anyways. Its not as strong as you think since it does the whole transition to every single part of the train instead of the head.

I have taken digital cameras, video cameras and all on without any problems, I wouldn't even think of it being a problem, the magnets if they were going to cause any problems would be with film cameras. But they are very directional and really the only place that gets a magnetic field is the things on the bottom of the vehicle that help it to push forward. There is a pouch in front of you that you can place stuff in now, which has a velcro top (thanks to me and a few others when they first added the bags there was no top to them, we pointed out that we almost lost stuff that they insisted we put in there because of this and when you are almost weightless at parts of the rides, well, so is everything else!). I have had cameras in bags, not in bags, doesn't seem to make any difference in the performance of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter