California Grill Prix Fixe Menu

travelpantfam

Earning My Ears
Quick question, that I'm sure has already been asked, but I couldn't seem to find the answer....

Now that California Grill has their 50th anniversary prix fixe menu can you no longer order off the old a la cart menu? Thanks!

We have it booked in August! I hope it is as good as people are saying. :flower:The menu does look very good!

We ate there in January - had the tomahawk for two. While it was delicious, I do miss the old menu, the options were endless and I loved having more to choose from.

I doubt we will be eating there again. I loved the old menu and new one looks fine but I don't eat large meals so it would be a waste of money for me. We might drop into the bar sometime. This is the problem with most Prix Fixe menus for me, too much food. I don't mind spending the money, heck probably spent more then the Prix Fixe menu ordering from the old menu.

I doubt we will be eating there again. I loved the old menu and new one looks fine but I don't eat large meals so it would be a waste of money for me. We might drop into the bar sometime. This is the problem with most Prix Fixe menus for me, too much food. I don't mind spending the money, heck probably spent more then the Prix Fixe menu ordering from the old menu.

The cost of the prix fixe menus are quite expensive! I understand you could work your options out so your would end up ahead, but that is a ton of food.

My other issue with menus set up like this is that I have a very picky 13 year old. He is well above the age that Disney World considers to be an adult, but would never eat the food options on the adult menus, let alone the portion sizes.

We are staying at the Contemporary in March of 2023, so with any luck the menu will be back to normal by then, since it would be nice to be able to utilize the restaurant options at our hotel.

The cost of the prix fixe menus are quite expensive! I understand you could work your options out so your would end up ahead, but that is a ton of food.

My other issue with menus set up like this is that I have a very picky 13 year old. He is well above the age that Disney World considers to be an adult, but would never eat the food options on the adult menus, let alone the portion sizes.

We are staying at the Contemporary in March of 2023, so with any luck the menu will be back to normal by then, since it would be nice to be able to utilize the restaurant options at our hotel.
when does the 50th Anniversary end? as that is when I am guessing prix fixe might end

when does the 50th Anniversary end? as that is when I am guessing prix fixe might end

Most of the rumor mills say the 50th will end in March 2023. There's no confirmed date by Disney, yet.

Though, if the prix fixe at Cali Grill is a success for them, they may keep a variant of it after the 50th is over.

I think Disney's idea of how to manage attendance at the most popular restaurants is to have pricey fixed menus. Most of those have way too much food and are generally too expensive.

I didn't realize they had a prix fixe menu

That was my favorite restaurant. Looking at the menu, I won't go back till its back. I use to order a hell of a lot more items off the menu, and spent well more than the 89 per person. Not sure why they would do that

Disappointing. I LOVED their pizza flat breads etc

Is there still a wine pairing option as well? I recall that there was when the 50th prix fixe first came out.

We have it booked in August! I hope it is as good as people are saying. :flower:The menu does look very good!
We have been there twice in the last year. In the past, we would order an appetizer, entree and dessert, plus wine. we love the new menu with the wine pairing. It fits our style very well. Miss a few options that are not available, but tried some new things (to me) and loved them!

We have been there twice in the last year. In the past, we would order an appetizer, entree and dessert, plus wine. we love the new menu with the wine pairing. It fits our style very well. Miss a few options that are not available, but tried some new things (to me) and loved them!
Thanks! Looking forwarded to our dinner:flower:

My understanding is they were going to celebrate for 18 months and Oct.1 2021 was the opening of the 50th.
PS We were there last October and enjoyed the menu but honestly once was enough ,can't wait for the regular menu to return.

My understanding is they were going to celebrate for 18 months and Oct.1 2021 was the opening of the 50th.
PS We were there last October and enjoyed the menu but honestly once was enough ,can't wait for the regular menu to return.
It will be interesting to see if they revert to a menu with al a carte pricing at that time. I, for one, will not be surprised if the prix fixe menu is retained after the end of the 50th celebration. It would be spun as being a result of the favorable diner response to the new menu during the 18 month period rather than admitting that the restaurant had become more profitable as a result of its implementation.

It will be interesting to see if they revert to a menu with al a carte pricing at that time. I, for one, will not be surprised if the prix fixe menu is retained after the end of the 50th celebration. It would be spun as being a result of the favorable diner response to the new menu during the 18 month period rather than admitting that the restaurant had become more profitable as a result of its implementation.
I hope you are wrong! :(

. I, for one, will not be surprised if the prix fixe menu is retained after the end of the 50th celebration. It would be spun as being a result of the favorable diner response to the new menu
For better or worse, I expect to see them stick with the prix-fixe menu. The 2 times we have been there since it was implemented, it remains as busy as ever. However, you no longer have people taking up a table just for an appetizer or desert. I have no doubt it has increased the revenue per table. For us, our cost to dine there hasn't really changed. Just hoping they vary the menu a little more often.

Quick question, that I'm sure has already been asked, but I couldn't seem to find the answer....

Now that California Grill has their 50th anniversary prix fixe menu can you no longer order off the old a la cart menu? Thanks!
I ordered off the bar menu which is different than the three course menu..... and pretty much the same as it was a year ago... Good pizza and lobster (?) rolls... I had the pizza. I sat at the bar though...

I didn't realize they had a prix fixe menu

That was my favorite restaurant. Looking at the menu, I won't go back till its back. I use to order a hell of a lot more items off the menu, and spent well more than the 89 per person. Not sure why they would do that

Disappointing. I LOVED their pizza flat breads etc
I had the pizza Last week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!