California Dreamin'-A 14 Day Odyssey to San Fran,Yosemite & DL! 8/2013 COMPLETE!1/9!!

What a great wrap up! I LOVE GCV and I've never stayed there! :rotfl2: I could live there.

It's hard NOT to love it there. Beautiful, beautiful resort.

A little EoS before the flight home is the perfect end to the trip.

Most definitely. Loved it!

Ok, ready for the next trip report now. :rotfl:

Jill in CO

Great!:)

Ellen, I am so happy that you finished the DL trip report! I may need to start reading it from the beginning as we hope to have a California trip this year with San Francisco and Yosemite (and DL of course!).

Have fun! It is a great trip to take-

I am sorry that you were all so exhausted at the end of the trip. But of all places, the Grand Californian is also a wonderful place to just hang out!

Yes it is, I agree.

Hoping over to Alaska now with you and your family!

Fantastic!

What a great trip! I like long vacations but when they happen we always plan down days to rest and do nothing. It always takes me a few days to get in the vacation mode and then once it happens, I want time to enjoy the "vacation mode". Thanks to having a high-schooler and other issues, the circumstances of the last few years have demanded short vacations or no vacations. Short vacations are better than no vacations. Once Sarah is out of school maybe we can go back to longer vacations.

Yes, shorter is better than none at all, but hope you can find time to fit something in, soon!

Off now to read about Alaska since that will be our next LONG vacation.

Kate

Great! Thanks Kate!

So - WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTT? You are back on the DIS. I thought for sure you had gone the same way as the many DIS deserters before you!

I am NOT a DISdeserter- I am just a TOO BUSY and OVER-COMMITTED DISer.

But once again you outdid yourself with a great ended and pictures that really tell the story.

Is that what I do? Well GAWRSH! ;)

Hail to the chocolate martini! What a fun way to spend your last afternoon in the park. :thumbsup2

It was excellent!

WOC is so cool. It's been so long that I forgot you had that great view from your room.

Yea, better late to finish than never, I guess- trying to pump out Alaska because I know so many people going and they might find it useful- that cruise has very few TRs.

Those EOS sandwiches look SO good right now. Great tip - poolside EOS sammies. Love that idea.

I know, right?

Looking forward to your Alaska cruise TR. :thumbsup2

Great! You should go- I think you and Denny would really appreciate it.:thumbsup2

So glad you finished this Ellen...especially since we are trying to convince Skip go to DL this year. I think Claire is using her charm....we just need a commitment so I can book it!

Good luck, my friend!

I really want to do a full week but I know he will not. So if that is the case I may see about either going down/over a few days early and he can fly in then later or all fly together and we extend out stay. I know he wants to do other California things but I want at least 4 or 5 days at the parks. Even if one or 2 days is just half days where we spend an afternoon at the pool.

That works-

I am off to read about your Alaskan cruise...another one on my bucket list.

Great thanks!

Well I'm both happy and sad that you finished up this TR! It was so great meeting you and having all that fun together. I hope you make it back out here someday because I don't see myself in your neck of the woods any time soon. Even better would be if we ended up on a cruise together!

It WAS so wonderful- I will be back someday, just no idea really when- I am so envious of all of you on that Cali cruise! So fun!

Sorry your family hit the vacation wall and that you had a not so great meal at Storytellers. I really like the restaurant, it's not anything fancy, but good solid food. We had dinner there about a year ago and really liked it.

I think I just had bad service- I would go back and just order from the menu. It was so gorgeous in there.

Well at least we have your Alaskan adventures to hear about and I hope you wrap up the Fantasy trip too! I'm looking at an Eastern Fantasy cruise for the future, not sure when, but we rented a bunch of DVC points so that makes me feel justified that I can spend that money on a cruise now! :thumbsup2

That's the way to do it! I will get back to the Fantasy sometime- just want to get Alaska done first I think.

Congrats to Tyler, but I feel your pain! DS Cary will be leaving for college in August as well (he got in early decision to his first choice). I'm thrilled for him, but feeling so sad too!! Still scratching my head trying to figure out how we got to this point so quickly. Am I really this old????? :confused3

Jodie

You must really be this old because I am too! :rotfl: Where is he going? Congratulations!

Another great trip report down! Very much enjoyed. :cheer2: We are going back to WDW this fall but I'm planning (hoping, wishing) on the next one to be a Vegas/DL trip.

that's nice!

Now I'm off to start your Alaskan adventure!

ETA: Holy bleep bleep Tyler is starting college in the fall!

I know- it is un-imaginable!

Unfortunately, no. The kids were being AWFUL that morning and there was just no way they were going to let me have any fun whatsoever!

BOO kids! :sad2:

I think I saw you are going to be in WDW in August? When are you going? We are scheduled to be there from 8/22 to 8/29.

Sorry- we had to back it up earlier because of Tyler and college. we will be there Aug 5-8 and then on the cruise the 8th.

Great wrap up Ellen.

Now to start reading the Alaskan trip.

thanks Chris! I will see you there!:goodvibes

SHe's back! Just in time to write the last updates. Thanks for wrapping it all up!

Now i have to figure out a new board layout, as well as a new computer (mine just finally bit the dust!)

Great TR, plus I finally finished it. I've been so missing in action this past year.

BTW, we spend our winter vacation in Hobe Sound, which is very near Jupiter. It's a bit north of Palm Beach.

Again, loved your travels to Cali & Disneyland!

Tammie!!!

YES!! We arrive the 8th!! Thank you so much for posting this, I am freaking right now because I lost my whole first post on the new thread and it took me an hour at least. Very frustrating! We will be in touch before our long awaited meet, I am sure- but VERY EXCITED!!!!

YAY! I'm so excited that we can meet up! I don't know why, but I missed your replies, and going back I see that somehow I missed your whole amazing Club 33 posts. (To be honest, I think I realized I missed it and meant to go back but forgot.) What an awesome experience! It makes me sad that the remodel took away some of the original charm. I wonder what the response from the members has been? May is coming soon - let's keep in touch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter