California Backstage Magic DISUnplugged Podcast Tour: 04/13/10 Trip Report w/Pics

FYI: I exceeded my bandwith on photobucket. Oooops! :scared1: The pictures will be back up on Friday. Bear with me!!!! Thanks! :flower3:

:surfweb: Jennifer

I loved your review. I'm thinking of doing the July 25th trip and loved looking at your photos and reading your comments about what I can expect.

What a wonderful report. This ABD trip is not in my budget, so your report was the next best thing!

Thanks

Wow. That was one of the best trip reports I have EVER read!:dance3:

Glad you had a great time, hope I can make this trip with the family one day:thumbsup2

Wow! Great Trip Report! Your pre-trip adventures really made me feel homesick for California. I know I'm going to do this trip at *some* point! It's only just a matter of when!

Sayhello

:grouphug: I'm glad you liked the Trip Report. I hope it gave you a sense of what an amazing trip this was for both DH and I. :wizard:

:cloud9: Traveling the PCH was a dream come true. My camera couldn't capture the true beauty we saw in person. I was in awe. I HIGHLY recommend a drive on the PCH. It is good for the soul. :flower3:

:goodvibes Jennifer

What a wonderful report. This ABD trip is not in my budget, so your report was the next best thing!

Thanks

:scared1: DH and I were a little (okay, a lot) sticker shocked with the pricing of the ABD trips. However, after experiencing the top knotch tours and visiting places only ABD could take us (ie: Imagineering, WD Studios and Jim Henson Company), I honestly felt it was well worth the $$$$$. :worship: It was priceless. Now, we didn't just take this trip on a whim. This was DH's 40th Birthday present and I booked it almost a year before the actual trip. That gave us time to save up for the trip. So, a trip like this may be more feasible than you think! ;)

What an excellent trip report! The world around me just dissapeared while I was reading your TR :cloud9: I actually lived in Monterey(for a short while) and worked as a waitress at the Old Fisherman's Grotto. The statue was the former founder/owner Shabu Shake, (RIP), he was an amazing man with the biggest heart. He would visit the staff and treat us to lunch, whatever we wanted on the menu (his sons would get so mad, hehe!). He also would walk around the dining area to make sure the patrons were well taken care of, and if he knew you or were a regular customer he would order complimentary calamari for the table. As for the clam chowder...;)
We used to watch the cooks make the clam chowder each morning from scratch. So if that was it for the day, that was it. Yes, it was that good, esp when it it was just made. We knew because we used to sample it, we knew the taste and the cooks would ask us how was it? Clam chowder sounds good now, oh! It's friday! Guess I'll have some...:rotfl:

Growing up in California, born and raised San Franciscan, have been to Disneyland numerous times and sold my diesel truck/5th wheel for DVC @ Villas at the Grand Californian :cool1:, (because my daughters,DD13, DD19, and DH, had a hard time with camping....and with a 5th wheel, how hard can that be???:sad2:)my family LOVES Disneyland, so as a family we chose Disney over camping. Reading your report just solidified it...:goodvibes

Have a wonderful cruise, maybe someday we can go on one too:)
Have a Disney Day :wave2::disrocks:

What an excellent trip report! The world around me just dissapeared while I was reading your TR :cloud9: I actually lived in Monterey(for a short while) and worked as a waitress at the Old Fisherman's Grotto. The statue was the former founder/owner Shabu Shake, (RIP), he was an amazing man with the biggest heart. He would visit the staff and treat us to lunch, whatever we wanted on the menu (his sons would get so mad, hehe!). He also would walk around the dining area to make sure the patrons were well taken care of, and if he knew you or were a regular customer he would order complimentary calamari for the table. As for the clam chowder...;)
We used to watch the cooks make the clam chowder each morning from scratch. So if that was it for the day, that was it. Yes, it was that good, esp when it it was just made. We knew because we used to sample it, we knew the taste and the cooks would ask us how was it? Clam chowder sounds good now, oh! It's friday! Guess I'll have some...:rotfl:

Growing up in California, born and raised San Franciscan, have been to Disneyland numerous times and sold my diesel truck/5th wheel for DVC @ Villas at the Grand Californian :cool1:, (because my daughters,DD13, DD19, and DH, had a hard time with camping....and with a 5th wheel, how hard can that be???:sad2:)my family LOVES Disneyland, so as a family we chose Disney over camping. Reading your report just solidified it...:goodvibes

Have a wonderful cruise, maybe someday we can go on one too:)
Have a Disney Day :wave2::disrocks:

:flower3: Thank you for the praise on the trip report. Yes, clam chowder sounds good right now. We never did finish that bowl at Old Fisherman's Grotto. Such a shame! :scared1:

:thumbsup2 We use to have a pop-up camper. After our first trip to WDW, we sold it. We are also now DVC owners (home at Animal Kingdom Villas). Being in Texas, we are almost equal to both WDW and DLR. However, we've been going to WDW more often. That may change. California has so much to see and do that isn't "touristy". It's just a beach way of life. We already have plans to return in 2012. I don't want to wish time away. But, I can't wait! :banana:

There are a group of DISers on this trip right now. I know they are having an amazing time! :cloud9:

:thumbsup2 DH and I enjoyed our ABD experience so much, we are "seriously" considering the London and Paris DIS Unplugged Tour next year (September or October). Now, I just need to ... donate blood, give my first born, an arm and a leg ... :rotfl: I know it won't be cheap! Let the saving begin ... Oh wait! We have a Disney cruise and over two weeks at WDW in December. This saving $$$$$ might be more difficult than I thought. ;)

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for an ABD trip next year. :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2 DH and I enjoyed our ABD experience so much, we are "seriously" considering the London and Paris DIS Unplugged Tour next year (September or October). Now, I just need to ... donate blood, give my first born, an arm and a leg ... :rotfl: I know it won't be cheap! Let the saving begin ... Oh wait! We have a Disney cruise and over two weeks at WDW in December. This saving $$$$$ might be more difficult than I thought. ;)

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for an ABD trip next year. :rolleyes1

I wish they'd make a formal decision about that. I'm seriously considering that trip, also! But I assume they won't at least until after Pete returns from LA.

Sayhello

I wish they'd make a formal decision about that. I'm seriously considering that trip, also! But I assume they won't at least until after Pete returns from LA.

Sayhello

We are waiting for ABd to provide details, pricing etc.

As soon as we know anything, we will let everyone know.

Your trip report ROCKS! I feel like I'm on the trip with you. I take it this trip was Adult Only? Our preference for our next ABD will be AO. Thank you for taking the time to report.! :goodvibes

Your trip report ROCKS! I feel like I'm on the trip with you. I take it this trip was Adult Only? Our preference for our next ABD will be AO. Thank you for taking the time to report.! :goodvibes

Yes, there were only adults (or rather BIG kids in our case) on our Tour. I would guess the age range was 27-57. I am glad it was only adults because we left our children at home. It was a nice childless getaway. I got to eat hot food and be the first one in the shower each day. Sometimes being a Mommy, the little things give you pleasure. :rotfl: There were parts of the tour I know our children would not have enjoyed or had the patience to tour (ie: Jimmy Kimmel Live Studio and the Backstage Tour at Disneyland Park). Maybe, they do different things or liven things up when there are children on the tour too. :confused3

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report. Hopefully, we get to do another ABD trip next year and I can report more great memories. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts