Cali Grill in September '13?

Keep in mind: those dates are worst case scenarios in case construction deadlines lag -- as they often do. They may finish early. Those dates are conservative estimates.

Here's a bit of insider info.
I've booked a big anniversary party with Disney.
It is scheduled for sept 15th.
When I was looking at options, Cali grill was given to me as an option to book for that day for our party.
I was also sent some pics of what it should be like, but i believe the menus sent were old ones. I didn't look very closely because we went with another option.
But i doubt they would have pushed for me to contract that location if it was risky that it wouldnt be available.
yes i did ask if it would be open then and was told yes.

Here's a bit of insider info.
I've booked a big anniversary party with Disney.
It is scheduled for sept 15th.
When I was looking at options, Cali grill was given to me as an option to book for that day for our party.
I was also sent some pics of what it should be like, but i believe the menus sent were old ones. I didn't look very closely because we went with another option.
But i doubt they would have pushed for me to contract that location if it was risky that it wouldnt be available.
yes i did ask if it would be open then and was told yes.

Ooohhh...I like hearing this...keeps hope alive that they may be open for our dates!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Went to Narcosse's on Friday night for dinner and the bartender that usually works at the California Grill had been relocated their during construction. He told me that Cali Grill would be opening in mid September!!!

I have a bit of info. I called just now and the agent told me the construction was pushed to mid fall from late summer. If anyone wants to call and confirm this, please do. I really hope the one agent I spoke to was wrong, im crossing my fingers. The disney Dining number is 1-407-939-3463.
:worried:

So, I figured I would call back and get a different agent because I wasnt happy with the info, lol, and I did.
This 2nd one said its rough estimate is late sept, early oct.
I hope they are just adding a "Buffer" time for unexpected construction issues, so that if there are no issues, it will be open for sept.
This is making me :crazy2:

Bump because I am anxious for any news and want to keep this thread up front!

Called today to check...nothing new to be said yet...the CM just kept saying that they had not been given any updates yet :(

Want to keep this thread forward. Part of me hates the Disney drama of getting the ADRs that we want. But the larger part of me loves the thrill of the chase. Fingers crossed for CG in October!

This is how desperate I am for info. I read the F&W thread and saw a special event at CG. Got excited. Then DH pointed out that part of that thread has 2012 events and only Eat to the Beat is 2013.
Just keep repeating "It's on May!"

I have been checking daily for CG. Oct 22 is my 25th wedding anniversary and we really wanted to celebrate at CG! Hopefully we will get solid information soon!

jb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter